Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
mike vorce, why is he not in jail? >

mike vorce, why is he not in jail?

Notices

mike vorce, why is he not in jail?

Old 07-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Many People have no idea what Mike Vorce was doing. This guy is just another guy who made a few bucks then used it to parlay his scams into millions

He was arrogant and flashy He has somewhat admitted to frauding over 16 Million in in phantom boat loans and is still living in his home outside of Grand Rapids

Hopefully the government has his tail for the fake titles. It seems the banks are getting no where chasing him for the money he frauded

I think there is more than has been reported on this guy and am hopeful it will surface over time but as Chris S indicated The fact that Hionis is still living the life i am not holding my breath for a conviction of the Vorce deal
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnightRider
I'm with chicken, I remember posting about him breaking those water balloons on my 42 Fountain dash, and how I choked him on his, wait, who knows who owned it Sunseeker. Some guys here were racing to stick up for him. And this was during the downfall, How cool is he now. Everyone was sucking his C@ck when he had money. He never had money, it was someone else's. How dumb do you people feel now, you know who you are.
Who are the "people" on this board you are referring too? NK
Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

I would like to know too???
Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

Actually I was more ribbing Meat Head Rick, who browses, but doesn't post. But reading the Old Wharf , you guys certainly seemed be doing damage control. With the state of the economy, and this Vorce deal still ringing in banks ears. You can't get anything done in the banking world in West Michigan. A 700+ FICO, and real security is hard to borrow with, it's crazy out there now.... my observations for what its worth. MR
Old 07-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

The current Management and Staff of the Wharf Marina are a great bunch of down to earth people. I've seen them help out a complete stranger in a small bowrider to save him from a sea tow and ask for nothing in return. If a guy has a Bayliner or a Sunseeker, they are both boaters, and to the Wharf Marina equal at heart.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8680344

It will still be ringing MR.

I wonder if you went in and robbed a bank (at finger point) and stole 7k (pennies compared to him), you could avoid trial and jail time by offering them 1k to settle.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:49 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MidnightRider
Actually I was more ribbing Meat Head Rick, who browses, but doesn't post. But reading the Old Wharf , you guys certainly seemed be doing damage control. With the state of the economy, and this Vorce deal still ringing in banks ears. You can't get anything done in the banking world in West Michigan. A 700+ FICO, and real security is hard to borrow with, it's crazy out there now.... my observations for what its worth. MR
I would say the damage control is over when the Wharf is 99.5% full and now has a waiting list for boats 26 and higher!! Possible outside rack storage coming soon if anyone is interested???
Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It is hard to believe he has really settled with all of the banks he scammed. Hopefully the stockholders of Macatawa bank, Lake Michigan Credit Union, etc. will force their boards to file a class action lawsuit against him for the losses in stock value he caused. Then, the FBI will finish their investigation and send him to become an in the trunk recipiant for a long time.

"Civil suits by at least six banks are expected to demand more than $16 million from the 30-year-old Grand Rapids man.

It was revealed that two more banks are suing Vorce, accusing him and his companies of fraud and demanding he repay more than $5.8 million.

The suits were filed by Macatawa Bank, of Holland, and LaSalle Bank, now part of Bank of America of Charlotte, N.C.

Macatawa's suit, filed today, said the bank will seek to recover $4.7 million. LaSalle's suit asks for almost $1.2 million.

They are similar to a federal lawsuit filed against him by Wachovia Bank in August. The still-pending suit by Wachovia asks for a judgment of $244,548.

Lake Michigan Credit Union, Irwin Union Bank and Bank of America are also expected to file suits against Vorce, said Robb Wardrop, his attorney.

A Press investigation in April found Vorce borrowed millions of dollars from more than a half-dozen banks, securing loans against a fleet of boats he either didn't own or that didn't exist.

Macatawa President Phil Koning said it has been leading a group of affected banks in collection efforts for the past seven months.

Today's statement was the first official confirmation by Macatawa that Vorce was responsible for $4.7 million in loan losses it reported in March."
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh
I just find it hard to belive that he was able to pull things like this off by himself. Some were very close to him and would have known better. I doubt he was driving to Tennessee to sign things on his own. He was to good for that...

I HOPE I am wrong...considering he lied about all this to the state, friends, and especially family, I doubt he will be truthful in court. More than likely he will give someone up to reduce sentence.

What went around is coming back. (i hope)
My guess is there will be more than just him

Look at the Cybernet deal. This will be interesting to see what climbs to the surface if this ends up a court
Old 07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Hopefully the stockholders of Macatawa bank, Lake Michigan Credit Union, etc. will force their boards to file a class action lawsuit against him for the losses in stock value he caused. Then, the FBI will finish their investigation and send him to become an in the trunk recipiant for a long time.
Hopefully those same stockholders ask those banks why their loan officers never bothered to verify anything and let this whole situation get so far out of control. Bunch of greedy idiots if you ask me. Most people ask for 10 grand and the bank wants to stick their finger up your azz first, this guy gets almost 20 million and puts people out of business before anybody catches on. If I did business with one of those banks, I'd move my banking elsewhere.

Quick Reply: mike vorce, why is he not in jail?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.