Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Don't Be Talking Smack About Fountain - Cause Reggies' Here! >

Don't Be Talking Smack About Fountain - Cause Reggies' Here!

Notices

Don't Be Talking Smack About Fountain - Cause Reggies' Here!

Old 07-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
Reggie vs. Chuck Norris in a fight? Discuss....
The problem is, Reggie shows up and has his fight without telling the other parties they're fighting. So in essence, in the Reggie "Norris-Killer" scenario, Chuck's already had his ass whipped.

When he rings up John Haggin or Dave Callan and arranges a heads-up run, then I'll be impressed.

I watched the original "Cat-Killer" video yesterday evening. Two things really sickened me. First was the smugness and the arrogance of Reggie & Co. The second were the comments made when Speed Racer had engine problems. True racers want their competitors to stay in and race to the end. They want to have a competitor that is there equal. They want to win by besting the other competitor on skill and ability. When they were chuckling at SR's mecanical issue- inferring they were so superior to everyone that wasn't them, I wanted to biitch slap him.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
If every member takes that mug for an avatar...

will it smoke a server?
I'd watch for mass suicides.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by gerritm
I don't know the guy personally. I bought a Fountain and absolutely love it. But I like a guy with ego and personality. His confidence and flair makes for a fun and interesting sport. Every sport has a couple of guys like that leading it and at least he can usually back up his bragging with results. Cat Killer may be the exception. And I agree with you on posting the PR in GD section. Should go in the Fountain or racing section. If you didn't have Reggie to pick on, it would be Double Digits all day long and that gets a little boring after a while.
Very well put. I agree with most all of that. As far as the PR in the GD... a little something every now and then seems ok. Hell, Reggie's earned it. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I watched the original "Cat-Killer" video yesterday evening. Two things really sickened me. First was the smugness and the arrogance of Reggie & Co. The second were the comments made when Speed Racer had engine problems. True racers want their competitors to stay in and race to the end. They want to have a competitor that is there equal. They want to win by besting the other competitor on skill and ability. When they were chuckling at SR's mecanical issue- inferring they were so superior to everyone that wasn't them, I wanted to biitch slap him.
and then the same thing happened to them in NY, kitty killer was eating some crow then...
Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Gino tosses it out there.
The cat is on the prowl!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
The cat is on the prowl!
The cat is stalking!
Attached Thumbnails Don't Be Talking Smack About Fountain - Cause Reggies' Here!-killer-cat.jpg  

Last edited by Ratickle; 07-01-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

The problem is, Reggie shows up and has his fight without telling the other parties they're fighting. So in essence, in the Reggie "Norris-Killer" scenario, Chuck's already had his ass whipped.
Are you trying to say that since Gino will be looking for them at Emerald Coast, they won't post on here ahead of time letting all of us know they will be there to take on Mercedes and any other Cat foolish enough to show? Say it ain't so. Why, even TD said where and when he would show and kept his word.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

LOL, so td has bigger stones then the ck krew...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:45 PM

Last I heard, Reggie sold the boat. Does he have a new one? Or is he subcontracting out all his feline extermination activities? That would actually be very convenient- if they're fastest, he wins, if they break or lose, they failed.

I keep hearing about how Reggie is this genius and master marketer. But I gotta' tell you, I'm not seeing it. The Cat Killer boat was one hell of a machine. If anyone else would have shown up with it- with any other name on it, they would have had immediate respect. People would have been in awe watching it run. But because of Reggie and the hype and BS that he brings, it's another circus side show. And I think every new Fountain sitting on the dealer's lots carries a piece of that with it- good and bad.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Last I heard, Reggie sold the boat. Does he have a new one? Or is he subcontracting out all his feline extermination activities? That would actually be very convenient- if they're fastest, he wins, if they break or lose, they failed.

I keep hearing about how Reggie is this genius and master marketer. But I gotta' tell you, I'm not seeing it. The Cat Killer boat was one hell of a machine. If anyone else would have shown up with it- with any other name on it, they would have had immediate respect. People would have been in awe watching it run. But because of Reggie and the hype and BS that he brings, it's another circus side show. And I think every new Fountain sitting on the dealer's lots carries a piece of that with it- good and bad.
You may need to change your avatar!

The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.
Confucius
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Don't Be Talking Smack About Fountain - Cause Reggies' Here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.