Put In Bay, 1st time question >

Put In Bay, 1st time question

Notices

Put In Bay, 1st time question

Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
has anyone mentioned Frostys pizza yet? Best on the island . . . or the lake for that matter.
Love their pizza....especially at 2AM!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Unless the weather is really bad (weather meaning wind direction and wave height, screw rain.) I think that Dave's suggestion of Bolles Harbor is a good one. It is a straight shot and you come in kind of north of Camp Perry and the range. I think that it is almost due east, with a slight south. But you can make a straight line from Bolles Harbor to PIB. 30 minutes at 60mph in decent conditions. If the weather is nice at all... Bolles Harbor is a great launching spot. It will be quicker than dragging the boats to Port Clinton too, unless the lake is whipped up. Just don't make any sharp turns out of their channel. Have a good time and be safe.
I guess the only problem is that putting the boats in on Friday when it is nice and having the wind pick up on Sunday are two different things, but i like waves anyways . I almost forgot about jello shots, THANKS RaceGirl
Old 07-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
has anyone mentioned Frostys pizza yet? Best on the island . . . or the lake for that matter.
Cameo actually has really good pizza, and they deliver it to your boat in the wee hours of the morning.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

My bet is this 4th weekend will be one of the busiest ever. People have been putting off boating and spending money, but come the holiday they will be out in full force. Come the following weekend it will probably be one of the slowest weekends at the bay. I can't wait for next weekend to avoid all the crazy people.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wieland77
Bay City is about 3 hours from Port Clinton.
You must be hauling ass because from what I remember Bay City was 3 hours from Toledo, and PC is about another 45 mins to an hour from Toledo.

And say you do drop in at Bolles and go over, and things do kick up Sunday, it just gives you an excuse to stay and extra day and call in sick to work on Monday!

Last edited by c_deezy; 07-02-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Caddyshacks pizza on Kelleys is pretty amazing too!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wieland77
I guess the only problem is that putting the boats in on Friday when it is nice and having the wind pick up on Sunday are two different things, but i like waves anyways
This time of year you stand a decent chance of a good 48 hour forecast. It's not like Memorial Day when the weather and the jet stream are still in transition. There are more pop-up storms this time of year, but they have less of an overall effect. A passing shower will not turn the western basin from 2 footers to 8 footers for the rest of the day. It takes more time and a wind shift this time of year.
They post updated weather reports and wind and wave information on the big shower/bathroom kiosk. You should be able to stay informed, and if necessary, change departure times.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

This time of year you stand a decent chance of a good 48 hour forecast. It's not like Memorial Day when the weather and the jet stream are still in transition. There are more pop-up storms this time of year, but they have less of an overall effect. A passing shower will not turn the western basin from 2 footers to 8 footers for the rest of the day. It takes more time and a wind shift this time of year.
They post updated weather reports and wind and wave information on the big shower/bathroom kiosk. You should be able to stay informed, and if necessary, change departure times.

YA,

I am set on going out of Bolles if the weather is nice/ok and will play it by ear while there. I have to come through DTW and pick a guy up on the way to Monroe is right on the way and it gives a chance to get some running in before bargin up for the weekend. The more i read the more excited i get!!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unless the weather is really bad (weather meaning wind direction and wave height, screw rain.) I think that Dave's suggestion of Bolles Harbor is a good one. It is a straight shot and you come in kind of north of Camp Perry and the range. I think that it is almost due east, with a slight south. But you can make a straight line from Bolles Harbor to PIB. 30 minutes at 60mph in decent conditions. If the weather is nice at all... Bolles Harbor is a great launching spot. It will be quicker than dragging the boats to Port Clinton too, unless the lake is whipped up. Just don't make any sharp turns out of their channel. Have a good time and be safe.
can they leave the trailers overnight????
Old 07-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Bolles Harbor or Lake Erie Metro Park boat launch are both good.
Both about the same distance to PIB.
Lake Erie will have better security and have never had a problem leaving my truck and trailer for the weekend.
I have used both.

Quick Reply: Put In Bay, 1st time question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.