Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Just got back from Thunderboat Alley(long) >

Just got back from Thunderboat Alley(long)

Notices

Just got back from Thunderboat Alley(long)

Old 02-27-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just got back from Thunderboat Alley(long)

And just wanted to say thanks to the great folks at TNT, Michelle, Steve and Pete. They showed my girlfriend and I some great hospitality and a couple of boats we are interested in buying. I looked for you guys when I was leaving, but couldn't find y'all.

I met David Scott and got to see the newly painted boat he and John will be running this year(the Budweiser kilo boat). The new paint is awesome and I got the inside skinny on a new Budweiser product from David himself. He's a great guy and I wish him the best.

Thanks to Phil at Lip Ship also(I know you are lurking here!) I'm leaning toward another boat I looked at(with Bravos as opposed to TRS) and I thank you for the time you spent with me.

Titos, I had to run an look at a boat, so I couldn't hang around...I would have liked the official tour, and I know you were busy, no problem...but that Cigarette store is dangerous! We spent 200 buck in a matter of minutes...any longer and I'd have gone broke!

It was great to finally see 188th and I wish I could have seen it in it's heyday, but it was great to be there nonetheless.

It seems that while I was gone, someone chased Too Old away. Like most here, I have never met him personally, but he seems like a great guy and will be sorely missed. I can't say as I blame him for leaving though. I have been around since the OLD days before the previous board was introduced and this site has always had controversy. I find myself lurking rather than posting lately because of the degradation of the posts. I have met alot of great people on this board and it is a wealth of knowledge, but it seems like too much crap going on here to be worth looking at. I hope it improves, because for us northerners, this is as close as we can get to boating for 6 months out of the year.

Just my .02
Old 02-27-2002, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thunderboat Row is amazing isn't it , went there to look at a Skater when I was shopping, I was like a kid in a candy store
Old 02-27-2002, 10:23 AM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was nice to put a face to the name! its always fun to have someone come up to you and ask if you are so-in-so from the board. I love showing my fellow family members around to see and meet all the big boy's and the hardware they run.
glad you two enjoyed yourselfs.
come back and visit us....k
Michelle.....aka RiverGirl .
Old 02-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sean,
I did the same thing last week, and I miss it already!!!

My Day at ThunderBoat Row.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 02-27-2002, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I was down there this past weekend and finally got to see where my Cigarette was "born". What an awesome place and great people! I don't know what it is, but that place has a certain feel to it. Lots of history there.

While at Cigarette, I had the chance to meet Neill Hernandez. As everybody knows, his job keeps him extremely busy, but he still took time out to speak with us and hang out a bit. Very impressive.

We also met Michel Karsenti from Yacht's International. This guy too is completely down to earth and very easy to get along with. I cannot thank him enough for the incredible ride in his canopied Gladiator!

We did not get to Lip-Ship on this trip, but for anybody looking at a Cigarette this is one place that absolutely deserves a visit. Like everybody at the Cigarette factory, Phil and his crew at Lip-Ship are top notch! Basically, from what I have seen, I am proud to be part of the Cigarette "family" and would not trade it for anything......... Sorry Reggie
Old 02-27-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

It was definitely well worth the trip. Phil has quite and array of boats at his place...I saw Rice Hauler over there(I think that is one of our members' boats) the Offshore Only Gladiatior was there and I met a guy who was taking delivery of his new 42 Tiger with ITS Bravos and 525's---What an awesome boat and a nice guy to boot...

I am definitely a proud Cigarette owner and even though mine is a little older than most, it is one hell of a boat.

BTW, I sat the National Marine 46 Rough Rider with twin 900s(I think) and the guy told me it did 104! Just incredible! I also sat the Aqua Store 46 which was pretty kewl also!

I stopped by Fort Apache and it was a ghost town unlike the bustling TNT shop...there was some nice hardware inside and there is a bar and grille there, but we didn't go in...
Old 02-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Sean,
How you doin buddy! I've been just lurking lately too. Then again I've never been too much of a poster. But anyway... what are you looking at? Am I gonna see a new Cigarette this year? Man, my new boat is still smaller than your old boat! I'm never gonna catch up! Only a few more weeks till splash!!
Old 02-27-2002, 01:02 PM
MotoFountain 127

Thumbs up

I also don't post much on the "Board" Spent some excelent Time at TNT this past weekend. We were down for the Show and Poker Run. Needed to show the Fl. guys a Little NY Roster tail.

Old 02-27-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered

Gary,

I looked at a few boats and do have my eye on one, but it's up to the owner and the bank to get back to me...more details when i get em' Either way, we're gonna do a fun run again this year, so keep June open!

Moto,

You weren't down at TNT on What a Gas, were you??? I also seem to recall a Fountain tryin to catch me leaving the Shinnecock Canal this past summer...I think all he saw was rooster tail too...that wasn't you was it????
Old 02-27-2002, 01:55 PM
MotoFountain 127

Sean
Yes i was on What A Gas . Hmmmmm YES I remember it
differently, I passed you, " with 3 200+lbs. guys on board and a full fuel tank.

Quick Reply: Just got back from Thunderboat Alley(long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.