Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sign of the times 4th of July >

Sign of the times 4th of July

Notices

Sign of the times 4th of July

Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our lake in upstate NY was packed for the 4th, busiest I have seen it in years. However, even though the weather was perfect all weekend, Sat and Sun were not nearly as busy.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lake cumberland was also packed....had a great time in harmon creek (party cove)...4 water patrol in and out all day...didn't see them bothering anyone though...who was in the helicopter buzzing and filming in the cove...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
Well here in Texas, Lake Lewisville, it was packed , too much to really enjoy. Party Cove alone had the largest amount of boats I've ever seen, about 9-10 rows about 60 boats each, they even started another row on the other side of the jetty because they just couldn't fit anymore, even the fish underneath were drunk. It was too nutz, the fireworks were across the lake so we didn't even want to get caught up in that mess of everyone trying to get over there. I guess that's one way to save gas, launch, put-put over to the cove, tie-up and don't go anywhere.
LOL, sounds like 50% of the boaters at highport. 10 minute ride to and from the islands.........

Sorry I didn't get your email in time to meet up.

Texoma traffic was down a little. Saw some nice boats, gunslinger just about did circles around me. Might as well of been standing still. Sweet boat.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat traffic at our ramp here at the marina has been down all year. Only launched 4 boats for the 4th. Weather wasnt that great. But I think the economy has more of an effect. Gas on the river is about 4.60 a gallon for regular.