Sign of the times 4th of July >

Sign of the times 4th of July

Notices

Sign of the times 4th of July

Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

We were out at the Red Bank fireworks on the Navesink Thursday night. The weather was perrrrrfect and it was an excellent evening!!!! As usual the fireworks were excellent...pics to come.....

On the downside, I'd say there was at least 1/3 less boats than last year and I thought the attendance was down a bit last year... I also noticed there were less parties at the houses on the river...

We still had a great time with great people!!!! now if the weather could be a little better today/tomorrow I'll be happier!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same deal last night in Grand Haven. Normally at least twice to three times as many boats. Made getting out nice at 1:30am at the launch though
Old 07-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

If the weater hadn't of sucked all day, there would have been a ton of boats out. The weather finally cleared around 5-6 in the evening and we had standing room only out on the bay for the fireworks.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Lake Norman was packed. Seemed like a normal level of capacity here.

Paid $5/gallon here....
Old 07-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It wasnt to bad here in destin, Boats everywhere. didnt make out the last couple years but if this was only about half the boats this year then im glad i hadnt gone out the last couple years freaking mad house.

Hope everyone had a good fourth
David
Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lake George was an absolute Zoo. Boats and people all over the place. Ive never seen so many people in town and the lake was packed with boats as it usually is this time of year
Old 07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Went out to the Algonac fireworks (which were awesome) on the St. Clair River and there were tons of boats out. Not to mention Lk St. Clair seemed to be extremely busy as well all three days. Boat launches were full too.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Well here in Texas, Lake Lewisville, it was packed , too much to really enjoy. Party Cove alone had the largest amount of boats I've ever seen, about 9-10 rows about 60 boats each, they even started another row on the other side of the jetty because they just couldn't fit anymore, even the fish underneath were drunk. It was too nutz, the fireworks were across the lake so we didn't even want to get caught up in that mess of everyone trying to get over there. I guess that's one way to save gas, launch, put-put over to the cove, tie-up and don't go anywhere.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered

Orange Beach was jammed . No one would think we had damm $5 gas !!!!! As long as people are spending money , it's hard to have a recession .
Old 07-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Boat traffic was very heavy in Michigan for 4th of July weekend.

I was told there was so many boats on the "sand bar" of Torch Lake there was hardly enough room to find a spot---even by by 9am!!!

Also was told there was still a ton of boats in Grand Traverse Bay for the Blue Angels air show.

Quick Reply: Sign of the times 4th of July

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.