Jimmy Buffet Opens his mouth and... >

Jimmy Buffet Opens his mouth and...

Notices

Jimmy Buffet Opens his mouth and...

Old 02-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Thumbs down Jimmy Buffet Opens his mouth and...

And out comes Ignorance!!
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/25/St...e_create.shtml
Notice how in the article how he states that he goes to Long Island during the summer months, you "Islanders" up north had better keep your eye on this idiot, he could find an "Endangered Aquatic Critter" up there to save and "BAM" you guys have NO BOAT/WAKE ZONES everywhere!!
Man, I'm so glad I threw out all his CD's when I moved to Fl. back in 1990!
BTW, this is the E-mail I recieved this morning;

Friends:
SB-1614 by Senator Posey passed 7-3 in Senate Natural Resources today with lots of hard work by Senators King, Latvala and Posey. Senator King and Latvala with Posey worked very hard to get a consensus vote. Senators Pruitt, Laurent, Sullivan, Dawson, and Cowin also supported the bill. Please express your appreciation to each of them and ask for their continued support on the Floor of the Senate. This was a hard fought for victory that we all can be proud of at this time. Next, my HB-1743 will go to the Floor of the House within a week or two. Begin to work members of each body for support on each of the bills. This will be the most trying times for the sponsors. All support possible is needed. Thank you all for your support.

Lindsay M. Harrington
St. Rep., Dist. #72

We are gaining ground and support in Tallahassee. Jimmy is also wrong about what the average Floridian wants! We want to protect the Manatee and STILL be able to go boating!
MD
Old 02-27-2002, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask Buffet about his concerns for the environment when he wanted to build a 200 foot long standing dock out into Peconic Bay so he could tie his flats boat up.

It the same old story...I've got mine and I don't want anyone else to have theirs...

Keep fighting the good fight Dean.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same dislike for the man as you do, Dean. He's one of the biggest hippocrits I've ever heard. I can't say I care for his music too much, either...But that's another story altogether!

I received the same e-mail, once again as you did, and it is gratifying to see progress and enlightenment reach the ranks of our elected officials. My favorite quote from the article:

"Just follow the money!" Harrington said, his face reddening and his voice at a near-shout. "The machine -- The Save the Manatee Club -- has gone too far. They are fighting this issue because once you start recovering this critter, it's not an issue anymore! They won't have anything to do!"

Old 02-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked this quote.

"it's becoming as nasty as the battle over the endangered spotted owl in the northwest. "

The spotted owl thing was a total LIE. It never was endangered. That has been proven now. Why didn't someone go to jail. Still thousands lost their livelyhood.

Good luck Dean
Old 02-27-2002, 02:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

BD,
I liked that quote too!
MD
Old 02-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a news clip update on the Canadian Lynx hoax. Sorry it's long. This it from the Kitsap Buisness journal Feb. 2002.

The fur should fly over lynx hoax
By Don C. Brunch, President
Association of Washington Business

We need an immediate - and independent - investigation into whether seven state and federal biologists planted false evidence during an Endangered Species Act (ESA) survey in two Washington forests.
The biologists from the U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the State Department of Fish and Wildlife submitted fur from domestic lynx during a survey to determine if the threatened cats live in the Gifford Pinchot and Wenatchee National forests in Washington. When confronted, the scientists "' claimed they were just trying to test the
accuracy of the laboratory's DNA analysis. Oh, come on - our teenagers had more creative excuses for missing Saturday night curfew!
The Canadian lynx is protected under the Federal Endangered Species Act. If lynx had been found in those forests, state and federal officials would have moved to close off large portions of the land to recreational users and timber harvesters. Forest Service officials, who have known about this incident for more than a year, say the unnamed employees have been "counseled" and prohibited from working on the lynx survey. This "hand slapping" is not enough. If the biologists are found to have intentionally tried to skew the ESA survey results, they should be fired.
The Department of Agriculture has announced it will now launch an investigation. I have a better idea. There should be an independent probe of the allegations, as well as the agencies' delay in making the incident public.
The bigger question is: "Was this an isolated incident?" Retired Fish and Wildlife Service biologist James M. Beers doesn't think so. "I'm convinced that there is a lot of that going on for so-called higher purposes," Mr. Beers said.
ESA restrictions have decimated Washington's fishing and forestry communities, destroyed thousands of jobs and drained hundreds of millions of dollars from our state's economy. The possibility that some of those restrictions may have been based on faked "science" is chilling.
We must know the facts. An independent investigation by Congress or the National Science Foundation should begin immediately to determine if this and other ESA surveys were tainted by fake evidence. The very credibility of the Endangered Species Act is at stake. If those entrusted to fulfill the obligations of the law are skewing it, then the ESA itself is weakened and endangered.

(Editor's Note: Don Brinell is president of the Association of Washington Business (AWB) AWB's 3,700 members range from the state's largest employers to the smallest, and employ over 600,000 workers in our state. Visit AWB on the Web at www.awb.org.)
Old 02-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Frightening!....Unfortunately, the tactics stretch far and wide to all aspects of research. I remember hearing about this not too long ago!
Old 02-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Good post Jim,
I have read a couple of articles, (and posted the articles here on OSO) about those "LIARS" and that all that happened to them was they were"Consoled and reassigned" I want to know what study they are working/lying on NOW? These people are violating public trust and breaking the LAW! All in the name of furthering their "Crusade" and keeping their jobs!!!
MD!
Old 02-27-2002, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Baja Daze
My favorite quote from the article:

"Just follow the money!" Harrington said, his face reddening and his voice at a near-shout. "The machine -- The Save the Manatee Club -- has gone too far. They are fighting this issue because once you start recovering this critter, it's not an issue anymore! They won't have anything to do!"

[/B]
Just for the Record this is no relation of me!
Brad Harrington
Old 02-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

FH,
I think Rep. Harrington is doing a great job, you could fake it and say that you are related to him! Heck I would even buy you an adult beverage of your choice! Or maybe I missed something here?
MD

Quick Reply: Jimmy Buffet Opens his mouth and...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.