Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Active Thunder Crash (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190776-active-thunder-crash.html)

45sonic 07-14-2008 12:28 PM

Brian is correct mostly. Why this thread was started as an accident thread I DON'T KNOW.

It was a error in judgment on a very foggy morning where the run had all ready been delayed for a short period of time. The fog did not set in until after the run had started. It was a minor incident that has become a big mistake. The owner and I are friends. There were four people on board and like Brian said it was a soft grounding in muck. No one was hurt the boat was just not able to be removed by driving it due to the owner not wanting to incur any damage trying to remove it himself. Called BoatUS and well let's just say got screwed due to their errors also in trying to pull the boat off. Scrapes to the skegs are all that happened.

cosmic12 07-14-2008 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2622550)
That is EXACTLY right.

Why haven't the obligatory lanyard beatings started, or the personal insults to the driver by the self appointed OSO jury?? No crying about insurance rates rising, especially by boatless keyboard jockeys?? Those are usually standard protocal once it's been confirmed no one is dead from the accident. I see nothing that makes this any different? :rolleyes:

I have to agree and am glad it hasn't gone that way. Lanyard? It was said he shut it down in a timely manner, Personal insults? its never been stated who it was ( I have a very good guess). Insurance? it was a demo boat so it is owened by the company? and I would guess that never came into play. Boatless keyboard jockey? that would be me but not by choice and I am sorry if I come across like that, I was a member of the "cult" #3 to be exact and am always interested in the goings on of them.

ActiveThunder 07-14-2008 01:00 PM

Well, my webstats are up this week!

Sensationalism works.

Philip 07-14-2008 01:11 PM

Pat

Any publicity is better then no publicity, Isn’t that what they say in Hollywood?:D

boatman22 07-14-2008 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2619625)

The boat is a demo boat owned by this person.

So what I don't understand is how can you own a DEMO boat....unless your the owner of the company.....wouldn't it just be a used boat?

cosmic12 07-15-2008 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 2622616)
Well, my webstats are up this week!

Sensationalism works.

YUP!!!! just ask Reggie:evilb:

Ed 07-15-2008 12:14 PM

Curious? Why Sydwayz & my posts regarding demo boats were just deleted? You can PM me. Thanks

cosmic12 07-15-2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2624097)
Curious? Why Sydwayz & my posts regarding demo boats were just deleted? You can PM me. Thanks

:POOF goes the info!!!!:Whatever:

boatman22 07-15-2008 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2624097)

I guess he couldn't handle the truth:party-smiley-004: