Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Active Thunder Crash (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190776-active-thunder-crash.html)

masher44 07-11-2008 01:37 AM

Active Thunder Crash

Anyone know the details?
Which boat was it?

boatme 07-11-2008 04:47 AM

????????

BillR 07-11-2008 07:41 AM

Wasn't that the orange one f/ Miami boat show.
Went up in the marsh or on land 4X4 style on the northern Chesapeake in June during a poker run?!?!?
Been kept hush - hush for some reason.

Sydwayz - I KNOW that you know about it. I sincerely hope everyone is alright!!!

Sydwayz 07-11-2008 07:49 AM

Nice. Go ahead and start a pot stirring thread when you know just about everyone from the OSO AT crowd ought to be away from the computer at a PR, so the post can stew for a while. VERY classy.

A VERY GOOD driver (and friend) got lost in HEAVY fog on the way to a PR on the Chesapeake Bay. The boat ended up several hundred feet into buoyant mud/flat. The boat is a demo boat owned by this person. There was no damage to the boat. It has been inspected by the Factory and several other trained professionals. The boat is back on the water.

TA DA!! I hope you guys are happy.

baja27 07-11-2008 08:06 AM

Can say anything about active thunders, very defensive.:rolleyes:

Stormrider 07-11-2008 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2619625)
A VERY GOOD driver (and friend) got lost in HEAVY fog ...The boat ended up several hundred feet into buoyant mud/flat.

Any gps on the boat? Running at speed in a 'heavy' fog?
I won't question him as a good driver, but a smart one??

Sydwayz 07-11-2008 08:09 AM

[EDITED FOR EMPHASIS]
I am upset about the post; more so the reasoning and timing behind it. Seeing as it derived from another one that was all in fun. It was not a crash.

What I posted above is the EXACT truth. If anyone needs more info, I can put you in touch with the driver/owner.

You can say just about anything you want about Active Thunder. We're here for a good time.

TWO POSTS on this thread which ought to be unrelated tells some of the story of why this thread is here and my reaction:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=190509

I'm out of here, heading to the PR this weekend. Please have fun, and be safe everyone.

BlackJack58 07-11-2008 08:12 AM

Well, in any case then, it's good that no one was hurt and that there seems to be nothing wrong. At least nothing that can't be "buffed out" or fixed with a quick emptying of the wallet. :D Saves us from three pages of "why weren't they wearing Lifelines" .... "benefits of a kill switch" ... etc. etc.

Shore Thing 07-11-2008 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2619625)
Nice. Go ahead and start a pot stirring thread when you know just about everyone from the OSO AT crowd ought to be away from the computer at a PR, so the post can stew for a while. VERY classy.

A VERY GOOD driver (and friend) got lost in HEAVY fog on the way to a PR on the Chesapeake Bay. The boat ended up several hundred feet into buoyant mud/flat. The boat is a demo boat owned by this person. There was no damage to the boat. It has been inspected by the Factory and several other trained professionals. The boat is back on the water.

TA DA!! I hope you guys are happy.

wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? It seemed like an honest question.

RunninHotRacing163.1 07-11-2008 08:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by baja27 (Post 2619654)
Can say anything about active thunders, very defensive.:rolleyes:

active thunders = Badd Azz boat :ernaehrung004:

t500hps 07-11-2008 08:28 AM

I didn't hear about the boat "wreck" til this thread. I do remember a June PR that was all over Speedwake and them talking about how bad the fog was that they actually delayed the start.

OldSchool 07-11-2008 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2619657)
I am upset about the post; more so the reasoning and timing behind it. Seeing as it derived from another one that was all in fun. It was not a crash.

What I posted above is the EXACT truth. If anyone needs more info, I can put you in touch with the driver/owner.

You can say just about anything you want about Active Thunder. We're here for a good time.

This thread which ought to be unrelated tells some of the story:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=190509

I'm out of here, heading to the PR this weekend. Please have fun, and be safe everyone.

Dang Brian, don't get so defensive!! Glad that no one was hurt, including the boat.

You can't have it both ways dude. Whenever something happens with a Cig, it's always big news. I had no idea that Masher was going to start this thread. It's certainly not the title that I would have used if I started it. I heard about the incident from one of the owners friends.

It all goes back to when you made a comment about me blowing up three engines in 12 months. When I responded (in jest on another thread) about how many Bravo's you have blown up on monsoon, your girlfriend posted about me needing to put down the crackpipe, or something like that. I let it go and haven't posted about that as I knew that you must have been upset about it to get her to login. Like I said in the thread that you pointed to, my past engine woes are still a sore subject, but I'm over it and happy with what I now have.

I've got no problem with you or Active Thunder and I'm not sure what you are talking about with all of the AT guys being at a poker run. Is that the RPBA one? Why would they need to see it???? Anyone in any boat can have a mishap, especially in the fog. Bring your boat up to the bay sometime and do one of the CBPBA runs, I'll buy you a drink. :) :ernaehrung004:

Craig

OldSchool 07-11-2008 09:05 AM

One more thing......I hope that Masher is hungover when he wakes up this morning!:rolleyes::angry-smiley-038::drink::chimp:

boatme 07-11-2008 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Brian Lighten up man

You can see my humor when one of our pace boats beached in the fog (I think it was 2003 SOTW)

The fog was thick that day and came in hard and fast
One of our pace boats got lost in the fog and ended up on the beach everyone was safe that is all that is important

you can see my sence of humor about what happend at our event

By the way this is the actual boat pic from him beaching then i made the cover over it

BAJA WILL 07-11-2008 09:13 AM

Sydwayz 07-11-2008 09:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Alright, I'll try to explain a little more since its a little choppy.

I make a LIGHT jab at Craig on this post. Extremely LIGHT, and all in FUN in the first Post.

Craig replies with a post meant to get a rise out of me and/or the board; but puts AT in the sights.

Masher replies with even more emphasis of Craig's post.

And then there is this new thread from Masher this morning, when he ALREADY KNEW the details of a "mishap" that happened WEEKS ago.

Sydwayz 07-11-2008 09:41 AM

That's all there is to it. I'm pulling out of Starbucks now, and I'll see some of you on the River this weekend.

Frequency 07-11-2008 10:08 AM

Gee, am I ever glad I took 15 minutes out of my life to understand all this! :rolleyes: :grinser010:

:D

masher44 07-11-2008 10:09 AM

Holy Crap, ask a question and flamed? Have fun at your Poker Run! Hope to see you at LOTO or Emerald Coast. Glad everyone was OK.

100% sober. Just landed in MA when I got a phone call about it from my friend in NJ.

Theboopgal 07-11-2008 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Pat, I'll sell you Monsoon, and you can take the 496HOs out (still under warranty until 2010), and put them in the 400. Then you can build custom power for the AT. I hear Craig knows several builders.

(Posted by OldSchool)
So I got phucked on a couple of engines. I have new ones now that have been trouble-free for almost a year.

Be careful about continuing to poke me with a stick about that......I just might start a thread in General Discussion asking if anyone knows what happened to that Active Thunder at the thunder on the bay poker run.

Sorry about your luck Pat, I blew chit up on the last four 4th of July weekends. Maybe that streak is over!

(The BoopGal post)
Man a little poking sure gets some defensive. What's that all about man?

Dock Holiday 07-11-2008 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2619730)
Don't tread on AT,????

I am curious how does a person own a "DEMO BOAT" sign us up for that program.

WILL

I was thinking the same thing Will. LOL

I guess he either bought a factory demo boat and now owns a used boat like the rest of us or got one of those super factory deals where you buy their brand at a supposed reduced price and agree to take it to several poker runs and ride prospective buyers around at your expense!

I have seen this same thing before and like with this situation you get factory "cover up coverage" if you make a mistake and have an accident!:eek: Not a bad deal I guess because we all can mess up real easy and who wants to fess up and tell the world they goofed?

boatme 07-11-2008 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday (Post 2619808)
who wants to fess up and tell the world they goofed?

OK I will

I have been married 4 times

I think i goofed once or twice (or 3 times ) LOL

BAJA WILL 07-11-2008 10:30 AM

Spicy 07-11-2008 10:31 AM

Glad to see my "looking for a pair of 496HO's" thread is getting some coverage!!!!:drink::drink:

The driver/owner of the AT is a friend from years past, and he works at the factory as a sales rep (dont know if thats his exact title), that's how you get a demo boat. I'm glad that he was not hurt in the mishap.

Pat

Dock Holiday 07-11-2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 2619812)
OK I will

I have been married 4 times

I think i goofed once or twice (or 3 times ) LOL

LOL:ernaehrung004:

Hey if you are looking for #5 I hear Christy Brinkley is available!

MrsCraig223 07-11-2008 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Theboopgal (Post 2619798)
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Pat, I'll sell you Monsoon, and you can take the 496HOs out (still under warranty until 2010), and put them in the 400. Then you can build custom power for the AT. I hear Craig knows several builders.

(Posted by OldSchool)
So I got phucked on a couple of engines. I have new ones now that have been trouble-free for almost a year.

Be careful about continuing to poke me with a stick about that......I just might start a thread in General Discussion asking if anyone knows what happened to that Active Thunder at the thunder on the bay poker run.

Sorry about your luck Pat, I blew chit up on the last four 4th of July weekends. Maybe that streak is over!

(The BoopGal post)
Man a little poking sure gets some defensive. What's that all about man?

I'm not defensive....... I mean my husband isn't defensive. :rolleyes::drink::ernaehrung004: Don't forget to log off!!!

OldSchool 07-11-2008 11:01 AM

Get off of the computer Nancy!!!!:cool:

masher44 07-11-2008 11:04 AM

so if you are running in heavy fog, why would you be driving fast enough to end up hundreds of feet into a mud flat? :rolleyes:

boatme 07-11-2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday (Post 2619852)
LOL:ernaehrung004:

Hey if you are looking for #5 I hear Christy Brinkley is available!

Hey she is still great looking

If i was in the market I would chase that (not that she wouldnt get a restraining order on me LOL)

Frequency 07-11-2008 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2619873)
so if you are running in heavy fog, why would you be driving fast enough to end up hundreds of feet into a mud flat? :rolleyes:

Low Lock?

(hey, if I'm wasting my time, may as well have some fun with it)

:party-smiley-004:

Sea-Dated 07-11-2008 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2619873)

How far on land did they go? How fast were they going in fog so thick they can't see what is in front of them?

Sydwayz 07-11-2008 11:09 AM

Craig,

Just like I left on your voicemail a minute ago:

I want to congratulate you. Your suggested post to get a rise out of me when you didn't like one of my very innocent jokes worked perfectly. We can call a truce, but I was never in a war. You can buy me as many drinks as you like when we catch up, but I'm still not going to do the things for you that Masher does. :D :D
(BTW, that means joke).

I also want to thank you. As many know, I am not a big drinker. As a result of this thread and the other one... After the boats are parked tonight and tomorrow night, I will be indulging in the in the 4 cases of Corona and the two tall bottles of Goose that just began the end of their life. Its going to be a great weekend.

Have a safe and happy weekend yourself.

(And BTW, that WAS Mary Sue posting from her office.)

boatme 07-11-2008 11:22 AM

hey Brian I am supposed to be the comic relief

stecz20 07-11-2008 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by MrsCraig223 (Post 2619861)
I'm not defensive....... I mean my husband isn't defensive. :rolleyes::drink::ernaehrung004: Don't forget to log off!!!

hey baby, long time no see.... you still married to that tool???

i have some very available buddies that you would love!!!!:evilb::evilb:

masher44 07-11-2008 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated (Post 2619881)
How far on land did they go? How fast were they going in fog so thick they can't see what is in front of them?

1100 feet! :eek:

Beak Boater 07-11-2008 11:38 AM

Hey Nancy, Craig, Brian, lets all play nice. Now this is more like the OSO I used to know.

OldSchool 07-11-2008 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2619883)
Craig,

Just like I left on your voicemail a minute ago:

I want to congratulate you. Your suggested post to get a rise out of me when you didn't like one of my very innocent jokes worked perfectly. We can call a truce, but I was never in a war. You can buy me as many drinks as you like when we catch up, but I'm still not going to do the things for you that Masher does. :D :D
(BTW, that means joke).

I also want to thank you. As many know, I am not a big drinker. As a result of this thread and the other one... After the boats are parked tonight and tomorrow night, I will be indulging in the in the 4 cases of Corona and two of the two tall bottles of Goose that I just began the end of their life. Its going to be a great weekend.

Have a safe and happy weekend yourself.

(And BTW, that WAS Mary Sue posting from her office.)

A. Don't drink the Corona if you aren't used to it. It will give you the chits. That's not a joke :drink:

B. There is no war and no truce needed, this is the internet.

C. If I'm not allowed to talk about monsoon blowing drives, you're not allowed to talk about the $30,000 kick in the nuts that I got last year. Sounds fair enough to me. Am I sensitive about it? Yes

D. I'm not in the office, If you do have a need to call me back you will have to call my cell.

E. Your a moderater right? Delete the thread. I didn't have anything to do with it until my phone started ringing this morning.

F. I am truely glad that no one was hurt in the alleged incident. I am sure that no one is looking to flame AT on this, but people are curious about the circumstances. I don't know them. Maybe some details could prevent the same thing from happening to someone else. As I have already said, running aground in the fog can happen to anyone in any brand of boat. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with active thunder.

G. That's all I have to say, except that Steckz is a homo with no boat. :drink:

Steve_H 07-11-2008 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2619921)
A. Don't drink the Corona if you aren't used to it. It will give you the chits. That's not a joke :drink:

B. There is no war and no truce needed, this is the internet.

C. If I'm not allowed to talk about monsoon blowing drives, you're not allowed to talk about the $30,000 kick in the nuts that I got last year. Sounds fair enough to me. Am I sensitive about it? Yes

D. I'm not in the office, If you do have a need to call me back you will have to call my cell.

E. Your a moderater right? Delete the thread. I didn't have anything to do with it until my phone started ringing this morning.

F. I am truely glad that no one was hurt in the alleged incident. I am sure that no one is looking to flame AT on this, but people are curious about the circumstances. I don't know them. Maybe some details could prevent the same thing from happening to someone else. As I have already said, running aground in the fog can happen to anyone in any brand of boat. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with active thunder.

G. That's all I have to say,except that Steckz is a homo with no boat. :drink:

what i dont understand is why the nut kicker never got outed on the board :(

Panther 07-11-2008 12:03 PM

Here we go again...

Everone has problems and eveyrone blows stuff up, gets into accidents and blows drives..... Lord knows I've had my fair share of chit over the past 15 years since I've owned my own boats and since infancy when my father had his.....

If it's used it might break and if it's brand new it might break... Unfortunately this is high performance boating, love it or leave it!:drink: