Like Tree1Likes

West Coast 28-30ft

Reply
Old 08-09-2008, 03:09 PM
  #91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mansfield, TX
My Boats: 1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
Posts: 5,701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedpro1 View Post
Baja is pretty much an assembly line boat but most of the east coast boats can be built custom to your prefrence too. I still say if you want a great boat to handle offshore conditions, the east coast has got it down! The west coast has been coming up fast in the last few years. The smartest thing they started doing out west was going to liners.

I agree, take pantera - how many west coast builders will move the bulkeads up for a twin staggered 3 man 28ft boat. How many west coast builders will take one of their old tired boats and move bulkheads, update the dash, and everything in between. Or take this 28 apache. How many west coast builders will slap in a pair of diesels and install a pull out swim platform. That my friend is custom
Attached Images
 
TexomaPowerboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:32 PM
  #92
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

IF the question were which 28-30 East coast boat then Pantera would have probably been on the list.

Lavey, Howard and Hallett will move bulkheads for you.
As will most of the guys that build their own molds.

The West coast has its share of houses that splash designs (Kachina uses old East coast hulls designs as has been so elegantly stated in this thread earlier). Lame-ness exists on both coasts.

In recommending a West Coast builder I could only recommend real builders that start with their own designs. Not recycled updated old stuff as you say Texoma. The "real builders" can and usually will accomodate anything you can cut checks for.

Do you have anymore info on that custom swimstep model?
That's certainly waay cool, but it looks like a jet boat which would make that quite a bit easier. Im Really curious about that boat, and have no doubt based on where its sitting its owner could has no issue with a house tooling up a custom mold just for him.



Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - in 2 months!
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
  #93
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default West Coast 28 ft.

Its finally done (well there are a couple of things left)

The amount of trick stuff on this boat is amazing. Note the passenger side cupholder in both pics- These Led's are switchable red white blue.

The dash was 100% custom one off designed for my GPS.

The bulkheads were also moved and enlarged to mount an AC unit
and accommodate pop up cleats.

The radar arch is detachable with a trick slide in bracket and secure lock setup.

The bow rails are eliiptical and mount flush into the hull.

The 2 most comparable 28 footers Ive seen so far are my LaveyCraft 2750 and the Pantera 28 SR.




Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Attached Thumbnails
West Coast 28-30ft-dsc08812.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc08813.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-shot-into-cabin.jpg  

Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:42 PM
  #94
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Raleigh,NC & 1000 Islands,NY
My Boats: 99' AT28twin, 2004 Starcraft, 1978 Switzer
Posts: 1,024
Default

Boat looks sweet Dave!

Active Thunder will custom build a boat with the buyer and you are welcome @ the factory anytime during the build...They are priced very fair for a true custom built, offshore high performance boat with No wood.

For west coast, you can not get any better than LaveyCraft from what I have seen lately.


Oh yeah...this AT28 came with a microwave, ss sink, seperate head, 5'-8" headroom, transom shower, 350magMPI's w/Bravos, Gaffrig/Livorsi, No wood, & plenty more .....
btw, it's got 400hrs and its like new.
Attached Thumbnails
West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01856.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01861.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01870.jpg  

spilman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:49 PM
  #95
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Raleigh,NC & 1000 Islands,NY
My Boats: 99' AT28twin, 2004 Starcraft, 1978 Switzer
Posts: 1,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spilman View Post
Boat looks sweet Dave!

Active Thunder will custom build a boat with the buyer and you are welcome @ the factory anytime during the build...They are priced very fair for a true custom built, offshore high performance boat with No wood.

For west coast, you can not get any better than LaveyCraft from what I have seen lately.


Oh yeah...this AT28 came with a microwave, ss sink, seperate head, 5'-8" headroom, transom shower, 350magMPI's w/Bravos, Gaffrig/Livorsi, No wood, & plenty more .....
btw, it's got 400hrs and its like new.

Oh, & Its TEN (10) Years Old!

No, Its not for Sale!
Attached Thumbnails
West Coast 28-30ft-dsc02696.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01859.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01873.jpg  

spilman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:52 PM
  #96
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default Really nice.

Definitely a huge 28 (probably equal to a 32 fountain once you take out the beak)

It's really a shame they stopped making the smaller boats. Looks like its holding up really well too, and I'm sure the owner put lots of care into it.

The exhaust deflectors are a nice touch to keep the step clean.

I haven't seen any recent AT builds on the site, and I'd love to see a new one of these rigs go together on the site.

Ive noticed this company has a really strong following from the Eastern guys.

How much does it weigh?


Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - 710 Ilmor
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Attached Thumbnails
West Coast 28-30ft-rear-bench.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc05731_2.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-tatch-up.jpg  

Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:16 PM
  #97
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
I agree, take pantera - how many west coast builders will move the bulkeads up for a twin staggered 3 man 28ft boat. How many west coast builders will take one of their old tired boats and move bulkheads, update the dash, and everything in between. Or take this 28 apache. How many west coast builders will slap in a pair of diesels and install a pull out swim platform. That my friend is custom

At least one:

TEAM SCARAB.

`Nuff said for all the eastocoasters including Apache guys.

Now somebody mighta forgotten Scarab is a west coast boat, and design & layup and did kill the competition way back in the 70īs already taking U.I.M world titles.
Now come to think of it.. only Cigarette and Skater have done that also. I donīt recall Fountain pantera or anyother do that... but i might forget something here..and YES Scarab had/has a 29 footer called 9 meter.
Now Team Scarab is one of the true Custom boatbuilders and top notch Offshore riggers to this day.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-14-2008 at 02:20 PM.
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:28 PM
  #98
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
At least one:

TEAM SCARAB.

`Nuff said for all the eastocoasters including Apache guys.

Now somebody mighta forgotten Scarab is a west coast boat, and design & layup and did kill the competition way back in the 70īs already taking U.I.M world titles.
Now come to think of it.. only Cigarette and Skater have done that also. I donīt recall Fountain pantera or anyother do that... but i might forget something here..and YES Scarab had/has a 29 footer called 9 meter.
Now Team Scarab is one of the true Custom boatbuilders and top notch Offshore riggers to this day.

Where can I look at to see a recent example of their work-?

I'm not familiar with any other work than the Wellcraft line of product.



Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - 710 Ilmor
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Attached Thumbnails
West Coast 28-30ft-bow.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc08824.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-bak-hatch.jpg  

Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:28 PM
  #99
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 66
Default

Incredible boat Dave! Please post pics in the water as soon as you can. Again, incredible boat. Just curious why 27 and not 29 nuera?
derrickc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
  #100
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
Where can I look at to see a recent example of their work-?

I'm not familiar with any other work than the Wellcraft line of product.



Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - 710 Ilmor
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Larry Smith is still building custom boats on the west coast. He built a really sweet 43 that was in the L.A. Boat show a couple years ago.

I believe he's still in Santa Barbara California building boats.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
littledcsrodshop
General Boating Discussion
3
06-16-2008 04:29 PM
Frisky1
Poker Runs and Boating Events
15
02-24-2004 09:00 AM
Reindl Powerboats
General Racing Discussion
0
04-03-2003 08:22 AM
CigDaze
General Boating Discussion
1
02-23-2002 11:06 AM
PhantomChaos
General Boating Discussion
7
01-31-2002 05:56 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.