Notices

Alpha 1 help needed

Old 07-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

THe impeller is still flexible. It is "bent" over but snug.
Replacing it anyway.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spazboz
You sure its an Alpha, and not a Volvo.... Ohhh....
If it was a volvo he wouldn't have to work on it!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Trying to remove the lower unit of an Alpha 1 Gen 1, (1984 model)
Bolts are done, gear in Fwrd. not budging.
Sholdn't it just slide off? Am I missing a bolt or something?
Anode.. gone. 2 top bolt, 2 bottem.. gone. One on the front by shifter... done..
WTF >???
Theres one bolt on top in the back two on the side then upfront there 2 nuts underneath then remove the Anode and theres one under neath that.

Alot of times they get a little coroded so you can take the 2 side nuts and add one or two flat washer ontop of the nut and start to loosen them. What will happen is the nut will hit the roof of the housing and you will force it off. loosen up boths side evenenly, if it still doesnt come off let me know there is other ways
Old 07-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tripple digits
Theres one bolt on top in the back two on the side then upfront there 2 nuts underneath then remove the Anode and theres one under neath that.

Alot of times they get a little coroded so you can take the 2 side nuts and add one or two flat washer ontop of the nut and start to loosen them. What will happen is the nut will hit the roof of the housing and you will force it off. loosen up boths side evenenly, if it still doesnt come off let me know there is other ways
Thanks TD... but look above. >> DONE..
"""">>>>> "Thanks guys. Lower unit is off. Had to use a scraper to wedge it off and gently pry it off bit by bit. Small corrosion made it stick.
New problem. Impeller is great. Motor heating up a bit. What's my next possible couse" <<<<<<

Don't know you TD,, read some of the threads about a "TD'... same guy ??? I had a few hundred riding on the "No Go" bet...
What happened??
But getting this response. (while I thank you for the note)
It's a day late and a dollar short.. is that a typ TD thing?? Just courious... especially about the "other way"
Old 07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Thanks TD... but look above. >> DONE..
"""">>>>> "Thanks guys. Lower unit is off. Had to use a scraper to wedge it off and gently pry it off bit by bit. Small corrosion made it stick.
New problem. Impeller is great. Motor heating up a bit. What's my next possible couse" <<<<<<

Don't know you TD,, read some of the threads about a "TD'... same guy ??? I had a few hundred riding on the "No Go" bet...
What happened??
But getting this response. (while I thank you for the note)
It's a day late and a dollar short.. is that a typ TD thing?? Just courious... especially about the "other way"
I aclty didn't even see his response until I just read your post. No go bet? I showed up nobody else did. This been going on for 3 years, it first started I did not even have the drive then the drive was real then it was you cant go 70 mph then 80 mph so on and so forth. The Bs never stops. All I will say is I would not bet against me. The boat is real
Old 07-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tripple digits
I aclty didn't even see his response until I just read your post. No go bet? I showed up nobody else did. This been going on for 3 years, it first started I did not even have the drive then the drive was real then it was you cant go 70 mph then 80 mph so on and so forth. The Bs never stops. All I will say is I would not bet against me. The boat is real
TD.. !!! I don't know what all that means... or what exactly you are trying to say.. (I guess it is the same TD) Thanks for your Alpha 1 input. Late but thanks anyways.
For the rest I have no clue what your are talking about. There was a challange made.. Money was put up.. you pooped out.. That's it.

Last edited by PARADOX; 07-27-2008 at 06:46 PM.