Like Tree0Likes

2000 28 skater 300x

Reply
Old 08-18-2008, 11:19 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta / Ft. Myers Fl.
My Boats: Currently 2004 36Skater Classic 1000hp PSI ,"Color Me Bad" ___ Prior boats 1999 28Skater, 2008 300XS: 28 Pantera Race 6 pax, 10 meter Fountain
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
stirling, missed your reply.

This is a pleasure ride and current owner will be taking us out for a ride this week. He states 113.4 GPS, low fuel, 2 people and around 6300 RPMs.

We always hear this type skater has more mph in them. Looking for idea set up to run at least 122ish WOT if possible with current power.

Also, what would you call a good deal on this type of boat? It is very clean inside and out, fresh rebuilds including lowers and with new Manning trailer.

Thanks again.
Skaterjim here in Atlanta did 126 with 300x, but that was with alot of prop work ect.ect. I would think if the boat is in real good shape $95- $100,000
offshoresteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 AM
  #12
Registered
 
dreamboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southern Maryland
My Boats: 2000 28 Skater
Posts: 1,234
Default

I have a 2000 with 300 promax's and it has run 115.4 (6300 rev). With 300x's you can reach 120 in stock form. It wont do it every day but thats the life of outboards.
dreamboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
  #13
Registered
 
dreamboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southern Maryland
My Boats: 2000 28 Skater
Posts: 1,234
Default

Your gonna need jackplates. When you get close to perfect 1/8" makes a difference and you cant do that with the holes on the back of the boat.
dreamboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:32 PM
  #14
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

The limiters are over 7000 RPM on 300X's and mine have been there............

T2x
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 PM
  #15
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
dykstra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, IL
My Boats: 29' FOUNTAIN 525SC
Posts: 5,341
Default

PM skaterjim
dykstra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:26 AM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Essex CT
My Boats: 2003 41 Formula pc & 1997 28 Skater w 300X's
Posts: 15
Default

I just ran my 97 28 last night for the 3rd time w/ new 300X's I'm still in break in mode but i got 96.3 @5900 rpm's I'm running 14x30 cleavers. The manual says red line is 7k so with that math, i should get at least 115 with no tweaking once the motors are out of break in mode.. Does anyone know how much time it takes for the motors to let me open them up? It says 1 hr but I've put over 2 1/2 and it still restricts me to under 6000 r's!?
BRAVEHEART is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM
  #17
Registered
 
dreamboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southern Maryland
My Boats: 2000 28 Skater
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I just ran my 97 28 last night for the 3rd time w/ new 300X's I'm still in break in mode but i got 96.3 @5900 rpm's I'm running 14x30 cleavers. The manual says red line is 7k so with that math, i should get at least 115 with no tweaking once the motors are out of break in mode.. Does anyone know how much time it takes for the motors to let me open them up? It says 1 hr but I've put over 2 1/2 and it still restricts me to under 6000 r's!?
You wont see your best numbers with those props. Are you running 3 blades? 15 x 34 3 blades is a good place to start. Some like 14 3/4 x 33-34 some go bigger. Bblades has been great to work with when you decide to change up your props. I dont know the break in period but I want to say 10 hours.
dreamboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 AM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Essex CT
My Boats: 2003 41 Formula pc & 1997 28 Skater w 300X's
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboater View Post
You wont see your best numbers with those props. Are you running 3 blades? 15 x 34 3 blades is a good place to start. Some like 14 3/4 x 33-34 some go bigger. Bblades has been great to work with when you decide to change up your props. I dont know the break in period but I want to say 10 hours.
Thanks DB. I am running 3 bladed props. They came off the 2.5 280's i had on it last year. I hit 104.5 with that set up.. I have a friend with several sets of larger props. i will try them.. as soon as the motors let me run em! The hull just came back from Peter's with brand new tanks and a bottom job, so i know it's straight.
BRAVEHEART is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 AM
  #19
Registered
 
dreamboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southern Maryland
My Boats: 2000 28 Skater
Posts: 1,234
Default

Man...I am afraid I will be heading down the road with the tanks too. My dad found the fuel water seperators were clogged with a yellowish globby material. I am thinking thats ethanol related. I dont keep much fuel in the boat but we have had ethanol in our fuel now for 3 summers.
dreamboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:58 AM
  #20
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboater View Post
Man...I am afraid I will be heading down the road with the tanks too. My dad found the fuel water seperators were clogged with a yellowish globby material. I am thinking thats ethanol related. I dont keep much fuel in the boat but we have had ethanol in our fuel now for 3 summers.
Wayne, can you put in fuel bladders vs. all the work of ripping up everything and putting in aluminum tanks?
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
FunHome
General Boating Discussion
63
02-14-2011 06:40 PM
General Boating Discussion
3
11-28-2005 07:48 PM
CAP071
General Boating Discussion
10
04-02-2004 08:47 AM
ClockworkOrange
General Boating Discussion
52
09-16-2003 09:57 PM
SLINGSHOT
General Boating Discussion
14
05-01-2002 02:21 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.