Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how old are YOUR tires?
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
Old 08-11-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jb
any facts besides the speculation here??? Would be nice to know how it happened..
Probably no way of knowing- most times it isn't one thing, although one issue can set the chain of events into action.

I think that's the thing to remember- you have to think of everything, since accidents are rarely the result of any one factor exclusively. That seems to be the case here- a bunch of little things piled up and turned themselves into one big thing.

In this discussion, I don't think I saw one supposition or circumstance that didn't fit what was seen in the pictures or could be a potential possibility.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Algae

WOW...interesting
Old 08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anyone know where that boat was coming from/going to? looked like a clean boat before the bad stuff started..
Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Registered

could the trailer have started swaying ,because of too little tounge weight and driver pushed the truck brakes and the trailer/boat pushed both off the road,funny theirs no pics that show the tow vechile it must have been damaged too?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

boat was coming from draper lake, he had just bought the boat two weeks prior to this accident. a good friend of mine is a friend of his and he said he had a blowout on the trailer?? i got there to late to get pics of the truck but from what i understand it was pretty messed up also. I called my friend yesterday and he said that the owner did not have insurance! OUCH!

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Does anyone know where that boat was coming from/going to? looked like a clean boat before the bad stuff started..
Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
jb
Registered

No insurance is brutal...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

It obvious that the boat and trailer jack-knifed into the rear of the tow vehicle. If a tire did blow, I can certainly understand how and why the boat could have came around(and did) easily.

First the trailer is built for a step hull boat. The bunks are staggered and did not fit well under the 357 (non step hull boat).

If the trailer is for a 353 the trailer would be at least 3 foot short causing a load problem to the rear which could cause the boat and trailer to fish-tail easily. The weight differential between a 353 and a early 90's 357 is huge(probably over 3500 lbs).
Add that weight to the rear of the trailer and the rear tires were definitely overloaded. Tire temperature and possibly under inflated, overloaded rear tires would not last long at 65 MPH.

The tire blew ,the boat started to come around and the driver probably oversteered. A few seconds and it was over.

I'm glad everyone is ok , if it weren't for the gentle sloped large shoulder I could easily see the tow vehicle flipping.

The good thing is ,the boat can probably be saved, Those 357's are built like a fiberglass tank
Old 08-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Algae
This was an eye opener... thanks
Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

boat looks fine , get it on the right trailer and hit the water

Quick Reply: THIS SUCKS!!! boat accident in okc, 38 formula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.