Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do you want more or less classes? >

Do you want more or less classes?

Notices
View Poll Results: Would you like to see more or fewer classes in Offshore Racing?
Stay the same. Right now we have the right number of classes to accomadate everyone who wants to race.
23.81%
Add more classes, we need a class for Turbines and mega yachts that want to race.
9.52%
There are way too many classes now. Cut it back.
61.90%
There should only be one premier class racing on the national curcuit.
9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want more or less classes?

Old 03-03-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred, it is nice to have you back. You said what needed to be said and hopefully this board will get back to the way it was when it was started. Thanks for standing up for the rest of us on the board. Gald to have you back. Mark
Old 03-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

P4 had the 4th highest number of boats per race this year. How can you argue with numbers? The outlaw classes had some of the most exciting racing all year, and allows people to get into racing without spending a fortune. To get rid of it would be a mistake.
Just my .02
Old 03-03-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

My opinion as a racer is they should only give the high exposure to classes with the most amount of boats.Super cat,factory -2 and Factory-1.they are the only classe"s that have more than 10 boats at most races.I also feel that they should race by themselves and not mixed up with 5 other classe's where the fans dont have a clue as to who is racing who. I would be willing to do less miles say 40-50 to allow for the needed time to put the event on.If you want sponsors you need race a field of 25 boats to put on a real show.Who wants to sponsor a boat that only races 2-3 other boats.Put all the prize money in the classe's I mentioned and you will have a good reason to race in those class's.make the purse $15,000 for 3 classes and watch them grow.Having all the extra classes to acomadate every boat that wants to race only dilutes the whole show.
Please dont shoot me its just what I think.Sat.should be for all the smaller class's to run.If they can build to 10-15 boats then we have something to talk about.
Randy
Old 03-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I hate to admit that I agree with Randy (Typhoon). However I would take it even farther. I totally agree that only classes with 10 or more boats should be in the Big show. The other classes should race in divisional races.

This would mean that some races are National/Divisional and they would race on Sat for Divisional classes and Sunday for National classes.

Other race sites should be divisional only to allow for a lower cost of travel related expenses.

If you want to run with the big dogs on Sunday, you better have an all out race boat to be competitive. Otherwise stick with the divisional ranks.

I also agree, that no more than 2 classes should be on the race course at the same time.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Randy, you have a good point let the premier classes run sunday!
but dont count the little guys out of some money, these are tomorrows f-1 and f2 guys and girls. while we can all say we have a better idea, it takes a little poking and tinkering to make a good show. and it has been posted with postive results but does anyone really know how many boats per class will run this year in apba?, how many teams are switching to sbi?? how many are running limited races due to budget constraints/lack of sponsorship. if this was not a business then yes only run a few classes but as a business you need max particpation.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Pete, good point. It seems that no one ever knows who is going to show up prior to the start of the race.

Since these are businesses, why not have each team submit a schedule of races that they plan on attending at the time of the yearly equipment registration. The sanctioning bodies need this info in order to properly plan the events. How much pit space is needed and how many cranes etc.

This would also mean that the sanctioning bodies would need to have a firm schedule by November 1st so that the racers could plan better. Right AudioFn?
Old 03-03-2002, 09:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RON

Here how it works

APBA.....they have there **** together

SPI........If you got the money you can race the Queen Mary.

MIKE
Old 03-03-2002, 09:40 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Mike, thanks for the insight. I was trying to talk about classes without being APBA or SPI specific. Although P classes doesn't exist in SBI racing. They would be known as Local classes and the rules are very different.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RON

I CAN USE THEM BOTH ON THE SAME PAGE

MIKE
Old 03-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Cain Crew

I got to go with randy on this...I always thouhg
t the other boats out there were lost poker run guys...lol see ya soon randy...chip

Quick Reply: Do you want more or less classes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.