Notices

National Champion ...legit?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:45 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
It is no wonder they call you TRex. You are so far out of touch with P Class racing that you are embarrassing yourself. First your Skater would only be eligible to run in class 2 or 3. You could not run class 1 because it is not a canopy boat. It would be placed in a class based on the prop calc and/or actually running the boat by an official. If you can not make your boat run to those speeds, go back and build a boat for the class..
Regarding my 28 skater...... I apologise, I'd have to put a canopy on it... THEN it's legal in almost every class... Being "obsolete" is so confusing sometimes.

Don't condescendingly quote rules and regs to me. We are talking about the whole lame concept, not the minutiae. If we bring the actual rules into this, the snoring will be over powering.

I would also say that I doubt there is a single boat in OPA that can run its max speed in a rough water race. That is the whole point of the brackets. They are based on "perfect conditions"...
Which "rough water" race is that St Clair, Patchogue, Harrison Township, Cambridge, or Chattanooga? I get dazzled when "big water" events like that are included in the conversation.

Finally for you to say that P class is not racing, I highly doubt you have taken part in a start like St Clair where we had 10 boats side by side at 105 mph go into a 90 degree turn in a river that tight....
Of course you have a number of boats "side by side" they all think the other guy knows how not to "break out"......... It's bush league nonsense......and, for the record, I have taken part in starts where we had more boats in turn one side by side than you could stand and we were actually trying to pass each other...so spare me your "experience".

I'm sorry but your time has passed. Keep looking back at the glory days and wondering what could have been. Mean while I'll go out and race.
My time has passed, but will yours ever come? Keep ignoring good advice and you won't have a course to race on.

Look a lot of us, yourself included, have invested a great deal of time in this sport and want to see it flourish. Believe me I respect your effort...it is your results I take issue with.

Many of us have competed, promoted, and watched this "thing of ours" (ours...not yours)..... rise and fall over years and years. Some things have worked and some have failed...and sadly many of the things that don't work....come back more frequently than the things that do...(self promoting "money guys" who want to mold the sport strictly around there own egos for instance). But, the bottom line is that no significant fan base has been created since the mid to late 90's. Fan base, by the way, is measured in TV/media viewers and live paid (or at least documented) attendance by significant sponsors. All of that has tracked downward as a direct result of too many sanctioning bodies coupled with too many classes ( and in the case of bracket racing... too many illusions of racing), and too much pandering to every variation of boat and engine owner imagineable.

There has always been a "class" war between the haves and the have nots, as well as the winners and the wannabes in this sport. I have listened for years to the guys with the smaller boats whining about not getting as much TV time as the top boats. There has also been whining about "conforming" to simple rules that will assure consistent competition by levelizing HP, weight and dependability. .....because of the "cost"....or effort in changing to suit these rules. Finally, there has also always been a lot of whining about the cost of safety...a priceless commodity.

This sport is under attack from many sides. The economy is dreadful. The tree huggers are more powerful than ever. The Poker Run circuit has drained countless potential racers from the mix. A myriad of new "extreme" speed sports are taking up the TV airtime. Fewer kids are growing up watching boat racing or even relating to it. The worst thing that we can do is add to the damage by following some lame competition formula that makes no sense and does not add to the marketability of powerboat racing.

With all due respect to the powers that be, some of whom are friends of mine for many years, this era represents the single greatest leadership void in the history of powerboat racing...... and without leadership...even the greatest empires fall.

T2x
Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by racesdad
i will stay out. this crap in ridiculous. we all want to race together, no one will do anything. O SS has reached out. i think we have gone further than anyone else. we have six classes and over 25 boats. ya want some, build a boat for one the classes. t2x, you are the real deal. dont listen to some of these guys. you guys had more balls than all of us combined. 300 mile races with direct drives, maxed out engines, tool boxes to fix crap. i still run with tools so i can fix things, and not be out of the race. the old days have stuck with me. i still try not to throttle, now that is a hard habit to break. ran 2 years on the same bravos in f-3 and cl. 10 year old skater. i love this sport more than anything. i miss rich luhrs, dick crippen and factory racing. we will bring those days back. WATCH ME!
Thanks... I should have put you guys in my earlier list of true boat racers who come to compete and are worth watching...my bad.

T2x
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Jim-Bobs weapon of choice is Tequilla & H2O..........did I mention My 24' Skater is now World AND National CHAMPION of my backyard!!!!
Ryan:

I am considering renting Giants Stadium and throwing a victory party for all of the Champions in Offshore racing. If we use the portable seats, we might be able to get them all into the facility.....but, unfortunately we will not be able to include the "shootout" winners.

T2x
Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Ryan:

I am considering renting Giants Stadium and throwing a victory party for all of the Champions in Offshore racing. If we use the portable seats, we might be able to get them all into the facility.....but, unfortunately we will not be able to include the "shootout" winners.

T2x
Will you have free parking. Could you pick a more central location? Some have to drive thousands of miles. Tow money? Will there be open bar? Raffles? Give a ways? Event T-shirts.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

T2x,
All joking aside, I have a deep respect for the guys who raced and laid the foundation for Offshore racing. Yes, It's not what it used to be. I hear you.

OPA has a good thing going. As does OSS. IMHO they compliment each other.

Best wishes,
Old 08-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, offshore boat racing....this thread brings back the good and bad memory's.

Any of you actually know where P class racing came from, the intent of this class and were OPA and SBI actually got it's rules from?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

I just read the first page so sorry if its been posted before, but, why not just make it understood that anyone wishing to use "World Champion" or "National Champion" etc must have the year or years that it was won?
I mean when i look at anything...be it boat, car whatever....when i see it stickered with "World champion" it doesnt do a thing for me...almost like these rice burners with NOS and Eibach stickers all over the place ......but when i see....take for instance when i first got sucked into street bikes, my dream bike at the time was a Kawasaki ZX-7R and on the tank there was a sticker under the clear "AMA World Champion 1993" And i thought that was cool as hell.....and even now when i see a car with lats say "World speed record xxxmph 1991" you can say wow it went that fast back then!! same thing with boats....if i saw one that had "World Champion 95, 96" you can say to your self "thats presty bad ass that they can defend the titls 2 years in a row...." ok thats my .02

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
LETS HEAR IT . ?!...........
Famous last words...this will take a while......

T2x
Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Will you have free parking. Could you pick a more central location? Some have to drive thousands of miles. Tow money? Will there be open bar? Raffles? Give a ways? Event T-shirts.
Do we get a trophy/flag if we show up?

and if so, can I just have mine sent to me if I don't attend?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
Do we get a trophy/flag if we show up?

and if so, can I just have mine sent to me if I don't attend?
Of course, this is boat racing in the 21st Century after all.

Everybody wins........ in any way they want.

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.