Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Champion ...legit? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192897-national-champion-legit.html)

MANITIE 08-26-2008 04:37 PM

Well....there will be no more P-Class's added....so 6 class's in a National Series is pretty good....there are over 65 P-class teams register in the U.S. for 2008

Pete B 08-26-2008 04:41 PM

Only recognized Class By UIM, OSS and SBI/APBA is Stock OutBoard.
These boats are capable of up to 120MPH, and should hold their resale value well due to world wide racing!

MANITIE 08-26-2008 04:48 PM

And they are popular and its a good class of racing....I hope it catches on and is big as in Europe....20+ boats....

Pete B 08-26-2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 2664563)
Rich

Do you think puting things back in the APBA's hands would help ??

SBI is APBA Offshore,so the answer is probably not

FeverMike 08-27-2008 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by T2x 2664468
In truth many racers today.... "can't"....or "won't" race in any class that they might not win!!!!!!

T2x

That is the real truth and I am sure it has not changed one bit since I was involved.

T2X I really do not call them racers!

Nice and totally thruthful post...thanks!:ernaehrung004:

DareDevil 08-27-2008 01:59 AM

:Whatever:

BigDadys93x 08-27-2008 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2665255)
:Whatever:

Truth hurts doesnt it!!
Just because you have a "race boat" and show up to a race doesnt make you a racer. A true racer embraces competion , hard work and determination not just spending some money and driving around a track trying to NOT go to fast and break out.

DareDevil 08-27-2008 09:20 AM

:Whatever: again,

i follow the rules in my class and i love to do it.

So there is absolute NO truth in all of this thread.

And ownestly ,it does not hurt at all .what you guys are saying.
Because i do it for me and not for you.
So if you whant to watch me , fine . If not ,fine with me also.
If i race , yes i whant to win. If i race by my self ,i find out what i did wrong or right on my boat and still had fun.
The sponsors are happy ,i am happy , let it be.
I WAS THERE.
Yes ,would i love an old B-or A class. .....shure, will it happen again?.........probiply not, can i get hurt at 82 MPH ?,....yes.
Does it cost big$ ?, yes, ......that i don't have and still doing it because i love it.
So what are you all trying to say?,.......I should quit ,because you are not happy ?????????????

I think if you all would love the sport ,you should stop posting all this BS.
Good luck and thanks.

OH, and also i never said that i am a racer ,yet !
But if you think you can do better .............race your cig against me !?

MOBILEMERCMAN 08-27-2008 09:26 AM

Scott,
Your racing he's not. Don't let him get you upset. He tried and quit.
Enjoy and Good Luck.

BigDadys93x 08-27-2008 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2665451)
:Whatever: again,

OH, and also i never said that i am a racer ,yet !
But if you think you can do better .............race your cig against me !?

Yeah really fair comparison my boat is 20 years old alot heavier layup im sure and 3 feet longer ....but Ill be willing to try it!
Why dont you take the money you spend running your boat all season against none and buy a boat for a class where there is competion like cat outboard or svl . then see how well you do!