Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Champion ...legit? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192897-national-champion-legit.html)

Ryan Beckley 08-28-2008 10:30 AM

Mark you and Jenni have proven how to do it right. I know your classmates are second to none. We are glad to have you racing in OSS. I grew up with the same dreams as you. My first boat was a Canoe with a 1.5 OB....seriously. Tell us again how much you guys have spent on maintenance/parts in SVL this year?

Aqua Banshee 08-28-2008 10:58 AM

I changed the oil in the motor once. The drive a few times.
I re-gapped the plugs and put the old ones back in
One u-joint at $35 plus rebuild $135
A gimble bearing $42 drive shaft bearings $50
One power steering pump free from merc contngency.
One prop, lost a blade.
2 new props
one gear case by choice free labor to assb
helmets and comm I used my old open boat stuff for the first race.
stickers
crew shirts
travel
About $3000 in sponsors About $9000 in prize money $2250 merc money. Famly sponser priceless, not that much but I don't want to know. I will sleep in the truck If needed

Next year should be cheaper

2 Trick Rick 08-28-2008 11:20 AM

As far as I’m concerned if your getting out there and doing it thats an A+ in my book!

MANITIE 08-28-2008 11:21 AM

Mark...you came in at a good time....you wanted to race...you looked at all the class's and you choise one that you felt is th emost benifical to ya...
You picked a class with low overhead and and opertunity to cover your expeses....you are kinda in a class where a lot of us got into in F1 and F2...your class is a good copy of that....
You have the biggest furture in Spec class....

Somethimes not knowing all the BS and politics is a good thing....just do you thing...and race.....we all know what type of racing is out there in all 3 orgs...and all we can do is pick what we feel is the best for us...and its showing how a new team can come out and run with guys that have been racing for 15+ years and be compeditive...thats what will draw new racers to your class....good luck

Ratickle 08-28-2008 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee (Post 2666906)
So I did my part. I got off the couch. I bought a boat, tested my A$$ off. and I'm boat racing. I don't think anyone has ever really heard me ***** about anything. Till Now.

Same thing I'm looking into, started the other thread, received a lot of good information, will get into it one of these days soon, (hopefully), but still am somewhat pissed there are no classes other than outboard cat that can be raced in all organizations (unless you race breakout). The sport was decimated when the ego guys split the main org up into little pieces.

kitten 09-02-2008 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN (Post 2663093)

Dangerkitty, Is there a difference between bragging and applying letters on the boat?

duh, yes, One word, Integrity - Dangerkitty wouldn't do that.

But I commend the boat owners that get out there and race,
and I have heard alot of sucess stories without having a
National Championship title. At the very least, they got out there and tried.

kitten 09-02-2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x (Post 2664567)
So why doesnt HE move up to a class where there is competion? If you want to win a hollow title where you were the only one competing for it go for it just (do)..... expect to get alot of respect from the racers who accually had to race other boats and run every race to get theirs. hell you dont even need to complete all the laps just run one lap put the boat back on trailer and go home go to the next race if noone shows do it again!.....Sounds like alot of fun!!

what:eek:

??

(do expect to get alot of expect from the racers.........)