Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
National Champion ...legit? >

National Champion ...legit?

Notices

National Champion ...legit?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Since this thread have gone about ten differnt directions I guess I will voice my opinion. There really is a lot of good here. We all want to race.

I think alot of people are afraid that TX2 is right. Can't denied he's seen it before.

Maybe I will start on braging on myself, since everyone likes to talk about how great they are.

I have had a dream since I was a 10 years old, and discovered Offshore racing care of Espn in the mid eighties. You know the last of the Glory Years, the reason most all of us want to race. I thought I was the first kid at 10 to have a subcription to Powerboat, and Hotboat, not my parents mine. Motorboating at the school library was not cutting it. I grew up around boats, read everything I could get my hands on about boats, my favorite driving boats. So many have already said it takes more than one boat race well your wrong. I dream/raced my 9.9 flatbottom fishing boat around the no wake bouys for hours. no one ever beat me. I was World Chaampoin in my head. Some day I am going to do this for real.

SO TO ALL YOU F#$^@ING IDIOTS OUT THERE QUIT WREAKING MY DREAM.

I am kinda lucky this is my first year of racing boat so I don't really know what happened in the past. Why OSS really started, Why the Supercats broke off, Why SBI has gone to nothing. Why did OPA start. I know some, but not really details and that is Probably a good thing.

Does anyone really think the economy is the problem? I don't

Like I said I'm a new guy. I wanted to race. I looked at all the Orgs to decide where I wanted to race. The only race I had ever been to was the Worlds at Destin with OSS, OPA, and Popra. I liked it. It wasn't Key West, but i had not been there so I don't really know.

I see SBI most of races are in Florida. I would have to think there are more race boats in Florida than maybe all states combined. There must be a problem there. what is it? FIX it Org of SBI they have never done ME wrong. first well the races are a ways for me living in Missouri, low boat count, high fees, low payout.

Popra got that RUM RUN race looks like fun maybe someday, but its in Californa.

Opa got 2 close races, low fees, prize money, good boat count. speedlimit racing

OSS high fees, must have a canopy, good payout, spec no entry fee in SVL Races most races are a 12 hour drive for me.
ok

So OSS fit my needs the best.

So I sell my trade my old super stock boat, and don't ask OSS to allow it cause it has no canopy. read the rule book. and decide SVL is somewhat affordable and the best racing I can be involved in. remember the dream.

So I did my part. I got off the couch. I bought a boat, tested my A$$ off. and I'm boat racing. I don't think anyone has ever really heard me ***** about anything. Till Now.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Mark you and Jenni have proven how to do it right. I know your classmates are second to none. We are glad to have you racing in OSS. I grew up with the same dreams as you. My first boat was a Canoe with a 1.5 OB....seriously. Tell us again how much you guys have spent on maintenance/parts in SVL this year?
Old 08-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I changed the oil in the motor once. The drive a few times.
I re-gapped the plugs and put the old ones back in
One u-joint at $35 plus rebuild $135
A gimble bearing $42 drive shaft bearings $50
One power steering pump free from merc contngency.
One prop, lost a blade.
2 new props
one gear case by choice free labor to assb
helmets and comm I used my old open boat stuff for the first race.
stickers
crew shirts
travel
About $3000 in sponsors About $9000 in prize money $2250 merc money. Famly sponser priceless, not that much but I don't want to know. I will sleep in the truck If needed

Next year should be cheaper
Old 08-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I’m concerned if your getting out there and doing it thats an A+ in my book!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Registered

Mark...you came in at a good time....you wanted to race...you looked at all the class's and you choise one that you felt is th emost benifical to ya...
You picked a class with low overhead and and opertunity to cover your expeses....you are kinda in a class where a lot of us got into in F1 and F2...your class is a good copy of that....
You have the biggest furture in Spec class....

Somethimes not knowing all the BS and politics is a good thing....just do you thing...and race.....we all know what type of racing is out there in all 3 orgs...and all we can do is pick what we feel is the best for us...and its showing how a new team can come out and run with guys that have been racing for 15+ years and be compeditive...thats what will draw new racers to your class....good luck

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-28-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
So I did my part. I got off the couch. I bought a boat, tested my A$$ off. and I'm boat racing. I don't think anyone has ever really heard me ***** about anything. Till Now.

Same thing I'm looking into, started the other thread, received a lot of good information, will get into it one of these days soon, (hopefully), but still am somewhat pissed there are no classes other than outboard cat that can be raced in all organizations (unless you race breakout). The sport was decimated when the ego guys split the main org up into little pieces.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN

Dangerkitty, Is there a difference between bragging and applying letters on the boat?
duh, yes, One word, Integrity - Dangerkitty wouldn't do that.

But I commend the boat owners that get out there and race,
and I have heard alot of sucess stories without having a
National Championship title. At the very least, they got out there and tried.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
So why doesnt HE move up to a class where there is competion? If you want to win a hollow title where you were the only one competing for it go for it just (do)..... expect to get alot of respect from the racers who accually had to race other boats and run every race to get theirs. hell you dont even need to complete all the laps just run one lap put the boat back on trailer and go home go to the next race if noone shows do it again!.....Sounds like alot of fun!!
what

??

(do expect to get alot of expect from the racers.........)

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.