Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Champion ...legit? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192897-national-champion-legit.html)

Ratickle 08-13-2008 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE (Post 2652695)
After reading of all the varied solutions, I think that I have the final solution (sounds familiar). Let's let the government run it.

One class, hybrid engines, someone else pays for it, built overseas with no pollution controls/retirement/social security/medicare or minimum wage rules, 55mph speed limit, 80dba noise limitation, and subsidized insurance coverage in case you get hurt. Perfect!!:drink:

MOBILEMERCMAN 08-13-2008 12:02 PM

Racers busting racers is one thing. Criticizing from the beach is something else. Try not to belittle the ones that earned it the hard way.

FeverMike 08-13-2008 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2651774)
Please.......

Today's bracket boats are a joke...

For instance a typical boat in the 75 mph class is a single engined vee bottom capable of 90-100 mph...but geared and propped for 75. You must not exceed 75 mph...on a GPS device installed by the race committee......without a readout!!!!..so you are completely blind to if, or when, you breakout. It may be close quarters (dangerous), but it ain't racing IMHO. in addition the guys who cross the finish line first are inevitably penalized and wind up back in the pack....but they get a checkered flag...while the eventual "winner" goes quietly back to the pits unnoticed.

The whole thing makes no sense...and is not spectator friendly....unless you like to watch guys doing post race donuts and figure 8's.....

T2x

+ 1 million! :ernaehrung004: P-Class has turned into something that is not what it was intended on being and that is part of the reason you do not have racers moving up to structered classes that could have better promoted the sport.

BigDadys93x 08-13-2008 05:14 PM

You know whats funny ? I was thinking about this last night and the way offshore is now kindda reminds me of my daughters kindergarten class when they play there little games . Everyone is allowed to play but there arent any losers because they dont want any of the kids to feel bad for themselves. Therefore I believe that offshore not matter the sanctioning body feels as though that if you spend the money to enter a race you should be able to get a national or world championship given to you to show your friends that you race boats..... wow wee good for you!! lets breakout the gold stars instead of trophies!!

FeverMike 08-13-2008 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN (Post 2652726)
Racers busting racers is one thing. Criticizing from the beach is something else. Try not to belittle the ones that earned it the hard way.

See I do not agree with that. If you have non racers on the beach busting on certain racers out on the water that can be a good thing to draw in more fans. People love to root against a racer as much as they love to root for their favorite racer. I always thought the day I see a sticker on the back of a truck window of the little kid pissing on a silhouette sticker of a offshore boat with a number on it would be the day I could confirm the sport is growing...ha ha:drink:

lucky strike 08-13-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN (Post 2652726)

Tru dat !

MOBILEMERCMAN 08-13-2008 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2653121)
I actually think, that you have absolutly no clue what you are talking about.

Scotti, I agree with you on this.

Fever Mike, You made a point different from my thought. I was talking about criticizing the clubs not the teams. I agree call out the teams keep them honest.

MOBILEMERCMAN 08-13-2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x (Post 2653098)
You know whats funny ? I was thinking about this last night and the way offshore is now kindda reminds me of my daughters kindergarten class when they play there little games . Everyone is allowed to play but there arent any losers because they dont want any of the kids to feel bad for themselves. Therefore I believe that offshore not matter the sanctioning body feels as though that if you spend the money to enter a race you should be able to get a national or world championship given to you to show your friends that you race boats..... wow wee good for you!! lets breakout the gold stars instead of trophies!!

:Whatever: