The "NEW" 188th Street.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CIGARETTE 1972
don must be rolling in his grave...
I doubt it...He made his money in real estate development originally, and must have known the eventual fate of that spit of land lay in condo's. He would simply have moved on..........like Cigarette has done.

T2x
Old 08-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Artech? They have quite a few lawsuits against them from people who don't want to close. They have been having problems for months. The building looks good, but it is not the highest quality inside. The location is NOT worth over a million bucks. It's down an over built concrete jungle street, with that other disaster ,Marina Lofts, right across the street. You have a school right down the street. Traffic gets horrendous there. Most people who put deposits down on the place, did so at the top of the market. They could not get near a million bucks for their condos now. Thats why the lawsuits. From what I hear, they have many more than 27 units left. I never believe the developers numbers. For the money, there are many better locations to choose from. Half the units in Aventura are either for sale, or being forclosed on. Maintenance and assessments are becoming out of sight.
My Opinion...Not.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Looks like a cruise ship in port tied to the dock 4 sure.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Registered

built with the finest mexican labor, at a fraction of the pay!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
built with the finest mexican labor, at a fraction of the pay!!!
Doesn't sound all that different from boat construction.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cash Bar take some picks when ya can

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marinaseeker
Artech? They have quite a few lawsuits against them from people who don't want to close. They have been having problems for months. The building looks good, but it is not the highest quality inside. The location is NOT worth over a million bucks. It's down an over built concrete jungle street, with that other disaster ,Marina Lofts, right across the street. You have a school right down the street. Traffic gets horrendous there. Most people who put deposits down on the place, did so at the top of the market. They could not get near a million bucks for their condos now. Thats why the lawsuits. From what I hear, they have many more than 27 units left. I never believe the developers numbers. For the money, there are many better locations to choose from. Half the units in Aventura are either for sale, or being forclosed on. Maintenance and assessments are becoming out of sight.
My Opinion...Not.
Thats the case with all developers and the condo market. Make an offer, all they can say is NO
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

That was the original gimmick to sell the place......build it to look like a boat....and they would have two Italian yachts on the site. When you bought a unit, you would also have the right for fractionalized use of the yacht at certain pre-arranged times of the year....like a time share. Alleviates the hassle and expense of owning your own boat.....geared to the international buyer.......Now???? Just another struggling, overpriced South Florida Condo development. Hell, ALL developments look awsome in their adds and on their websites.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by marinaseeker
That was the original gimmick to sell the place......build it to look like a boat....and they would have two Italian yachts on the site. When you bought a unit, you would also have the right for fractionalized use of the yacht at certain pre-arranged times of the year....like a time share. Alleviates the hassle and expense of owning your own boat.....geared to the international buyer.......Now???? Just another struggling, overpriced South Florida Condo development. Hell, ALL developments look awsome in their adds and on their websites.
That isn't a great spot by land or water. The canal is an offshoot of the ICW and the access by land has a lot of traffic. It is a cool design but I would want a better view for 1.4mm.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

I called a prominent broker in the Aventura area who knows the building and some of the clients well. He told me that many of the things the developer promised didn't materialize. Clients do not want to close. The units are about $400, to $500 thousand dollars overpriced for the area, and the quality of the building itself is poor.

Quick Reply: The "NEW" 188th Street.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.