Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console... >

Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...

Notices

Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...

Old 08-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...

Hi All,

Mainly cruise the Apache Forum but thought I would post some pics and details in here....since this is the local hangout!

This is my 1997 28 Unlimited Powerboat (Apache Brave mold). Eric Froberg (tracked him down and talked on the phone, great and helpful guy!) and Bob S formed Unlimited Powerboats in 96 I believe. They made a handful of center consoles and this is one of them. I have done research all over the net and can't find another one out there.

The boat was origianlly bought by my father-in-law at a Gov't Auction in Miami (drug/refugee runner?!?). I just bought it off him a year ago. These pics are when we first took the cover off because it had been sitting on the lift for over a year with out being ran.....AHHHHHHH!!!

So After a full rebuild on one of the engines, a lot of cleaning to get the mildew off (you can see in pics) and some new Apache Logo's for the side she is like brand new. These pics are pre-cleanup...

Just want to get any opinions out there and to see if anyone knows of anymore of these around.

Have had her to about 71mph since that question is inevitable.

Enjoy..
Attached Thumbnails Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...-apache21.jpg   Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...-apache31.jpg   Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...-apache41.jpg  

Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

More pics..
Attached Thumbnails Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...-apache51.jpg   Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...-apache61.jpg   Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...-apache11.jpg  

Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

cool !!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I like how they rigged the hydraulic steering hoses under the swim platform out of the way. I see you have the good 280S K-Planes too. Eric built some stout boats.
Are you in St. Petersburg. FL? I am across the bay in Apollo Beach. I have 5 gallons of Semi-Synth Penzoil if you want it..free.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

Hey Mike,

I remember talking to you a while back about Sebring and how you autocross. (My father used to race Porsche's in HSR)

Yes I am over in St. Pete (Shore Acres area). 5 gallons free?!! Might cost me as much in gas to get to Apollo beach.. haha.. Might take you up on the offer though.

Yes, Eric did a great job on this boat. The 280's are monsters and stick out almost past the bracket. However you really do need them if you want to keep the boat on a plane and go 30mph or below.

Justin
Old 08-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Justin, I have not autocrosses in a while but I go to Sebring a lot with either PCA Suncoast or Goldcoast and Chin Motorsports.

If you are ever in the area or we figure out we will be on the water at the same time you can have the oil.

Enjoy the boat!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

That boat is beautiful. I saw it at the Vinoy docks before the poker run in the spring and I think I've seen you running in Smacks Bayou before too. Definately a unique boat.

There seems to be quite a few people in and around shore acres with nice performance boats.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Dave,

Yes I have to run through Smacks to get out from where the boat is kept on the lift. I was also down at Vinoy for the Spring Poker Run.. Awesome time!!! There are a lot of performance boats in Shore Acres...Seen a 28 Skater with some 300x's on it many of times as well as some Hydorsteams and the likes.

Also met someone with a 22 Apache Scout over by the Weedon Island sand bar.

If you see me out come up....I am always looking to cruise and waste gas!!!

Do you cruise in your cig down here?

Justin
Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

cool boat! btw, those are 380's
Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Justin,

I also live in Shore Acres and keep my cig on the trailer in my yard and launch in Smacks at the Poplar ramp. I usually just cruise around the bay or if I want to go to the gulf I trailer it down to the "secret" ramp behind the Don Cesar. I'll wave you down if I see you. I probably have the only 28ss around here.
Dave

Quick Reply: Apache/Unlimited Powerboats Center Console...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.