Notices

Said goodbye to my 25 AT

Old 03-03-2002, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Said goodbye to my 25 AT

I hooked up my 25 Active thunder to my truck for the last time tonight and it is being turned over to it's new owner tomorrow morning. I can not believe how tough it was to do this. It really felt weird. My youngest daughter had tears in her eyes as she said goodbye to her "speed demon" . So Rick, if you subscribe to OSO make sure you take good care of her for me.

Sorry guys had to do it. Anybody else have similar story about turning over thier boat to a new owner.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yep, almost turned around. Sold it with a tear in my eye.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Registered

Glad you are back Fred. Yes the new toy in the works is another Active Thunder. It is a 37 AVH wqith twin 500 efi's. It did make it a tad easier, but not as much as I thought. I guess I am just too sentimental. He is the link to my new boat if you want to see it progress. Should be done in a few weeks. THUNDERSTORM
Old 03-03-2002, 08:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last one I got rid of was kept in a rack. So we make the deal and the guy comes over with his truck to pick it up. He goes over to a marina ramp nearby and waits for me. The boat goes in the water and I motor over to the ramp. I'm about 100 yards from the ramp at 6 knots and it starts to vibrate real bad. I look back and there are mud trails coming up behind-OH SH*T! Luckily he's busily trying to line up on the ramp and misses the show. Trim up, keep moving, still a big smile on my face. Got to the ramp and there wasn't even anything hanging from the drive BYE BYE BOAT!!!!
Old 03-03-2002, 09:02 PM
Registered

yup, been there.. first year outta high school bought a 85' century tournament ski boat. Replaced stringers, floor, carpet, painted the whole boat, she was gem. Had over 4 months of everyday work into her. She was sold last easter to her new owner. As the new owner pulls away a tear runs from your eye, but you keep thinkin over and over if it was the best thing to do.. still regret selling her. She was one of a kind.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:17 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Too Old, nice too see you back!
Old 03-03-2002, 10:55 PM
Registered

I am really looking forward to my new boat, sooooo bye bye, 25, hello 37. It still is kind of tough letting her go.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Dan-
Didn't realize you had a 25 AT- NICE JUMP to the 37AVH!
I still have my Formula 242LS w/ twin SBC's- haven't been able to face the thought of getting rid of it, even after buying the 28 AT in December.
I have a hard time selling things that have treated me right (ultimate pack-rat ). Might have to retire the 242 to the place in Canada- if the better half will let me, of course!
Old 03-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Registered

Nice looking rig , congrats on the new boat!!!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I have seen ThunderStorm, and it is *****EN!! Congrats, and I want one too!! (I will have one soon.) What year was your 25 and how long did you have it?

Quick Reply: Said goodbye to my 25 AT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.