View Poll Results: Would you would like to be able to send attachements with private messages?
Yes.
11
68.75%
No, not really.
5
31.25%
What are private messages?
0
0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Anyone want to see this feature?

Reply
Old 03-04-2002, 04:19 AM
  #1
OSO Webmaster
Thread Starter
 
dlst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 38
Default Anyone want to see this feature?

I've seen a couple people ask for this, and I want to see if the demand is high. How many of you would like to be able to send attachements with private messages?
dlst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 09:23 AM
  #2
Registered
 
Milord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lake St. Clair, Canada
My Boats: 1986 Four Winns Liberator 241
Posts: 1,213
Default

I really don't care if I could send attachments in PM's. I would however like to be able to get users email addresses to send files instead of using the inline mail feature.
Milord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 09:44 AM
  #3
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mequon, WI
My Boats: 8' row boat
Posts: 6,157
Default

I second Milord
Cord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:20 AM
  #4
Registered
 
Pantera24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami,Fl.
My Boats: 1978 Pantera 24'
Posts: 1,757
Thumbs up

Ditto
Pantera24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:26 AM
  #5
Registered
 
thunderdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: medford, nj usa
My Boats: 37 Active Thunder
Posts: 2,185
Default

I fourth or fifth, or whatever i agree
thunderdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:44 AM
  #6
OSO Webmaster
Thread Starter
 
dlst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Milord
I really don't care if I could send attachments in PM's. I would however like to be able to get users email addresses to send files instead of using the inline mail feature.
Emails are available... if the user allows it. This is a privacy issue, however, and the display of user emails is turned off by default. If you want to make your email visible, turn that option on in the BB Profile page.
dlst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:53 AM
  #7
Registered
 
Milord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lake St. Clair, Canada
My Boats: 1986 Four Winns Liberator 241
Posts: 1,213
Default

I see what you mean about the email but if you have the option turned on like I do and someone clicks to email me they are presented with a form... not my email addy. Therefore they can't see what my email addy is and can't send me an attachment.
Milord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:57 AM
  #8
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mequon, WI
My Boats: 8' row boat
Posts: 6,157
Default

The problem is that when I send somebody a e-mail, I do not have the oportunity to correct the return address. Even though I tell them that they cannot reply to the e-mail, most people do. With the old system, I could either copy the address or correct it. With the new system, I have absolutly no option.
Cord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 11:06 AM
  #9
OSO Webmaster
Thread Starter
 
dlst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cord
The problem is that when I send somebody a e-mail, I do not have the oportunity to correct the return address. Even though I tell them that they cannot reply to the e-mail, most people do. With the old system, I could either copy the address or correct it. With the new system, I have absolutly no option.
Your return address is different from your send address? How many addresses do you have, and what are they for?
dlst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 11:14 AM
  #10
OSO Webmaster
Thread Starter
 
dlst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Milord
I see what you mean about the email but if you have the option turned on like I do and someone clicks to email me they are presented with a form... not my email addy. Therefore they can't see what my email addy is and can't send me an attachment.
Ah-hah. I understand. I'll look into this and get back to you.
dlst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cgarrett
General Boating Discussion
0
12-27-2002 01:46 PM
CigDaze
General Boating Discussion
0
04-16-2002 10:09 AM
kook
General Boating Discussion
5
03-24-2002 11:44 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.