Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's Your Countdown?... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19351-whats-your-countdown.html)

Reckless32 03-04-2002 09:20 AM

What's Your Countdown?...

For all you non-tropical geographic types, here in Va. we're lookin' to start splashin' in earnest on a weekly basis beginning in about two weeks...
St. Patty's weekend usually marks the end of winterization and the begining of boatin' season for my local homey's....:D

Rick

thunderdan 03-04-2002 09:24 AM

Rick,

My planed splash date is the first week in April. I wish I could splash on St Patricks day but it is still too cold up here. Can not wait, come on spring....:D :D

Milord 03-04-2002 09:28 AM

I was really hoping to splash around the 1st of April but my boat is in too many pieces! By the end of April for sure.

Gassticks 03-04-2002 09:32 AM

Hopefully I'll be ready to splash in the second week in April. That's what I'm shooting for

Reckless32 03-04-2002 09:32 AM

It won't necessarily be so warm, as the weather down here is famous for it's early "indian summer" weather. But I've got some nice boating jackets and ski-caps I normally use in the late fall. So I look at it as fall in a time-machine headin' backwards....:D

Rick

FWK 03-04-2002 09:33 AM

I am hoping for the middle of april Still have a bunch of parts to buy. Forrest

Reckless32 03-04-2002 09:37 AM

Last year I had over a hundred hours logged by June and ended the season with around 250. Didn't get the Sunsation until late June.....:cool:

Rick

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 03-04-2002 09:37 AM

Usually get the boat out of storage April 1st,and start getting it ready for the season.Seems like a long ways off though,today we're looking at 4 below!!!!!!
Steve

Reckless32 03-04-2002 10:08 AM

Yesterday it was 70 and rain but we're in the 40's-50's during the week with mid-60's Saturday. We're hit or miss from here on out in Va. Beach....

Rick

Dave M 03-04-2002 10:25 AM

I'm hoping for St. Patty's day this year. At least a quick shakedown cruise. My 10 day forcast is showing some upper 20's next week though.

BAJA WILL 03-04-2002 10:32 AM

We usually kick off the year at the Lake Murray Poker Run in SC, First splash:D In April. Then trailer back to VA.

WILL

FunHome 03-04-2002 11:00 AM

I was going to try and shoot for St. Pat's day Boat parade at the ozarks in either my duck hunt'n pontoon or my parents pontoon, I probably won't get the FOuntain out until April sometime.

mattyboy 03-04-2002 11:03 AM

NOT SOON ENOUGH!

My boating season will start around mid april, still cold in NY and the lake was drawn down 10' for weed control and with these drought conditions in the NE I hope we get rain cause my slip is high and dry:rolleyes:

Mattyboy

Pantera24 03-04-2002 11:08 AM

Well let's see it's kinda cold today....it's 67 i think.

But yesterday went boating in the Florida keys. hehehehehehe

I love Florida !!!!! hehehehehehehe:p :D :cool:

mlitefan 03-04-2002 11:26 AM

Hey Rick...

You going to make Buggs this year? Lots of folks from the RPBA will be down at Northbend for Memorial day weekend.

I hope to get my boat back and in the water by the end of April. :D

slowride 03-04-2002 11:28 AM

Hopefully anytime in april. Every winter I try
to make it run faster, can't wait to see this
year.:cool:

Reckless32 03-04-2002 11:49 AM

mlitefan:
Good to hear from ya dude! I'm currently intending on running over there this year for Memorial Day weekend with Cignificant and some others from Richmond. A few others (who still can trailer that is) most likely will go too.
Go to the galleries and see a pic of my boat so you know what to look for this year. I still remember yours "VINDICATOR".....Hey, you oughtta look at coming to the beach for a weekend and hang with me and the rest of the nuts (HRPA) on the lower ChesBay/James River....:D

Rick

Jassman 03-04-2002 11:52 AM

Mine will be middle of April, boat should be finished being built, right now we are using the party barge, it aint the same thing.:D

BillR 03-04-2002 11:54 AM

Heck,
I'm hoping to splash this weekend. But the weather guessers are famous for gettin hope up ealy in the week, then by the time Fri. comes around they change the forcast.

Reckless32 03-04-2002 12:00 PM

Think positive Bill, ...glass is half full...:p

Rick

mlitefan 03-04-2002 02:19 PM

Rick..I did go out there and look at the new boat and that is a sweet ride! I also joined the RPBA and haven’t had a chance to meet everyone yet as my travel schedule has really sucked over the last few months. I have e-mailed cignifigant several times and that whole group has been a wealth of information.

I will be on site 198 for the Memorial weekend and look forward to seeing you guys.

btw...after two years of research, I am moving forward on a re-power for the Vindicator. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. For some reason, I like that ole boat!

Reckless32 03-04-2002 02:36 PM

Good luck mlitefan, and yes I was impressed with the "ole boat" as well and still remember our first meeting on the water very vividly. We still talk about the guy who was always blasting out of the cove at Kerr reservoir.... ;)

Hopefully you'll get a chance to hang with the RPBA a lot this summer. Cignificant and other are great people and a blast to be around. We (HRPA) plan on running to the Sand-Pits on a few occasions, Chippokes Plantation anchorages and run their poker run in June. They, hopefully, will run in ours come 2-4 August. Some of us are looking to run the SML run too in May. Either way, stay in touch and check out our website for Hampton Roads Powerboat Association and join as well, it's FREE! you just might recognize one or two of us....:cool:

BTW, what are you repowering to?...

Rick
www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html

Airpacker 03-04-2002 05:37 PM

If I get lucky,the lake will thaw out in the next 4 to 6 weeks,then I can think about launching

Gizmo 03-04-2002 06:29 PM

National weather service is calling for mid 60's to 70 here this coming Saturday. Will decide for sure later this week, but right now I'm shooting for first splash then. Even if it's just a short run down the river. Been cooped up too long. :D

Shorgasm 03-04-2002 06:35 PM

Ya know what...this is crap........pure and simple crap!

Sunday.....it's wet but 87Degree's.........and now.......God gawd a Balmy 50............WTF man........this has happened every weekend for us......:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

29 OUTLAW 03-04-2002 07:31 PM

Last year I was out on 06 March. Then about 4-5 weeks went by before the weather allowed me out again. Seems to happen that way every year.

Griff 03-04-2002 08:42 PM

40 loooooong days away........as long as mother nature cooperates.

Reckless32 03-05-2002 01:19 PM

Forecast Saturday calls for 70 and clear skies for Va Beach! Who's gonna splash fella's?....

Rick

cuda 03-05-2002 02:43 PM

Hmmmm, let's see, today is Tuesday, I guess I'll have to wait 3 more days until saturday. I would have gone last weekend, but Saturday it was near 80 degrees, with the wind howling from the south at 40 or so. Sunday was also windy as heck. Yesterday, the wind was howling from the north, and the temp was down in the 30's last night. This is the strangest weather I can remember having in 31 years I have lived here.

Reckless32 03-05-2002 04:25 PM

My philosophy is...if opportunity knocks, open the door!

:D

Rick

CigDaze 03-05-2002 04:34 PM

Hey cuda, Right on Man! It has been a strange, strange year.
Last weekend sucked...And that's all I have to say about that!

But look:

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WIND 5 TO 10 KNOTS...BECOMING WEST BY
AFTERNOON. WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

And 78 And Sunny!:cool: :cool:

Reckless32 03-05-2002 04:42 PM

My other philosophy is; "....be forced back in, not forced to stay home..."

:p

Race_Fanatic 03-05-2002 04:51 PM

Just purchased my boat in early February. It's been sitting in the dealer lot since my test drive and delivery. Might try to take it out this weekend (low 60's, sunny). I can't wait any longer!!!
:eek:

Mate 229 03-05-2002 08:57 PM

Plan to get the old Checkmate ready this Saturday and if the weather looks good might splash her Sunday. I need to hear that big block and blow this winter crap out of my head.
Was able to run her into December but a couple of months without a speed fix is a killer.
Who else is going out from Richmond????
See ya at Osborne!!

PhantomChaos 03-05-2002 09:01 PM

T minus 64 There's already been 64 days of boating this year!

liquid asset 03-05-2002 09:08 PM

If it's above 65 I'm on the water,winterize............shminterize, I keep my boat in a heated shop, so I can go any time of the year when I get the itch

speedbump 03-06-2002 05:03 AM

Well, its 14 days until Spring. Hopefully, we can get the boat in the water somewhere around the end of the month! Of course, we have cruiser buddies so we've been out a couple of times this winter just to get our lake fix!
;)

Come on warm weather!:D :cool:

Reckless32 03-06-2002 08:17 AM

Another philosophy:

"...there are those who can, and those who can't. There are unfortunately those who could, but WON'T!!..."
:p :p :p
HRPA

MooseKnuckle 03-06-2002 09:47 AM

Probably pull out of barn last week of March or 1st week of April, due some spring cleaning and waxing then splash by end of April. Of course, all depends if someone buys my boat before then.

bsag 03-06-2002 09:48 AM

Looking to splash my warlock on saturday for a get the bugs out run, had some warranty work done (they still have my boat). On march 22 i have a company party that takes me an hour and a half by car, 20 minutes by boat to get there. What would you do?:D :D