Notices

If You Wanted To Race?

Old 08-21-2008, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
So twin outboard class is recognized by APBA,OSS,OPA,POPRA,SBI,etc.? You could buy one and run with twin outboards in P classes, then, if you thought you were ready, put on the controlled/inspected Merc's and run SS Outboard?
Yes. And a year in P class with stock power would give you enough experience to move up to SS. Sell your stock power (still under warrantee) and jump in. There is never a better time than right now and you will never regret it.
SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Ratical, Let me give you some advise I hope you listen to it closely. Racing 101 in a entry level class SVL or P class is BUY A MERC. BLUE RACE MOTOR. Look for a boat that has one or build a boat and put one in. You will save thousands in motor repair. People come and go out of this sport mostly due to lack of money they want to spend. I can promise you one thing there is no saving money building your own power plant. Also there is no resale value. Good luck and if you need info please call.
Take a good hard look at Guy Costas SVL the blue one.
MD
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
When the Buzzi Rib and the Mannefelt Bat Boat came out they raced in the A- class and made the boats back then Obsolete. APBA then created the AX class for these two boats to run in.
Here ya go.......
Attached Thumbnails If You Wanted To Race?-baby.jpg   If You Wanted To Race?-rainx.jpg  
Old 08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
No one has ever built a canopied 29-32 Fountain. The Factory ONE Fountains (29') BEAT YOU TO DEATH!!!! in bumpy water.
Thanks, was wondering.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevequick
Yes. And a year in P class with stock power would give you enough experience to move up to SS. Sell your stock power (still under warrantee) and jump in. There is never a better time than right now and you will never regret it.
SQ
This may not be the place to ask, what's the deal on the Vicious cat in the classifieds? Seems way cheap.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
Most SVL's that run OPA run P-4 and they have been successful.
Again, if choosing where you race, Apples to Apples=OSS, Mixed fruit bowl=OPA
Still think you guys need to get together on at least a couple of classes.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,734 Likes on 3,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Still think you guys need to get together on at least a couple of classes.
There is really only one SVL running OPA, and it is High Octane , it is for sale, it has a Mercury Racing 525, and is ready for spec class racing.

What really needs to happen is what some use as Catch phrase "United we race" but what it turns into is "race with us". When some hatchets are buried, maybe the sport can really move forward. But with to many wanna be leaders not willing to sit down and do some good for the sport. you have the quagmire we are in.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

being in on te racing thing for years, 20, i really think you should buy a svl. i still sell boats, and have my customers step up the money to the 525 bullet proof engine program. there is no-one who can tell you that package is not a great deal. listen. how many custom built engines you know still are running, with 0 work, 3 years later?
1 answer. NONE
MIKE
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

If your really serious...callen still has that cat for sale in the classifeds, just add turbines...why not start at the top of the food chain..its only money
Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The Vicious / Lightning cat is a good deal for the P Class. It would need alot of work and NEW motors to run in the SS class

Quick Reply: If You Wanted To Race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.