Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Incident in Florida on lake (County dock) >

Incident in Florida on lake (County dock)

Notices

Incident in Florida on lake (County dock)

Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=Boomer35;2671315]
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Start taking your offshore boat offshore, where it won't stick out so much and draw this kind of attention.
QUOTE]

Sunkin-

i got to tell you, i almost always agree with the post you make, and MOST of the things you say, but the above is just kind of crazy, we all like to take our "offshore boats" both offshore and inshore, and eventually if you trailer them, they need to get taken out of the water, whether you were offshore all day, or hanging out in a bay swimming and hanging out!

My suggesiton would be call the number on the ticket, talk to them, and explain your a responsible boater whether you have a 50' nortech or a 19' bow rider, no one deserves that crap!

Good Advice!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JetJock
I was not CHARGED with any crime! No ticket, no summons....etc.

I agree that if you cause something you should MAN UP and take your pill, but this is borderline STUPID, no leg to stand on crap.

Thanks for all the input
I take that as you are totally innocent and could not even had made a previously damaged dock worse or anything.

It would be interesting if you let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Boomer35;2671315]
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Start taking your offshore boat offshore, where it won't stick out so much and draw this kind of attention.
QUOTE]

Sunkin-

i got to tell you, i almost always agree with the post you make, and MOST of the things you say, but the above is just kind of crazy, we all like to take our "offshore boats" both offshore and inshore, and eventually if you trailer them, they need to get taken out of the water, whether you were offshore all day, or hanging out in a bay swimming and hanging out!

My suggesiton would be call the number on the ticket, talk to them, and explain your a responsible boater whether you have a 50' nortech or a 19' bow rider, no one deserves that crap!
If you're looking for fairness and justice and are willing to spend your summers and your hard-earned dollars fighting for it, then that's an option. You likely won't win- and you may even get your type of boat banned from that piece of water. I know, I tried once and the lakes now have a 400 HP limit as a result.

If the local law enforcement agency has a hard-on for you, usually based on the majority opinion of the other boaters and/or the residents of the lake, you can still be "right" and lose. You can fight, or you can go where you won't be hassled.

Also, I'm not a big fan of big boats on little water. A large, fast, slow-to-maneuver boat sharing the waterways with bass boats, jet boats, jetskis& such is usually a recipe for disaster. I can understand a guy that lives in Kansas or Oklahoma not wanting to commute to the ocean every weekend, but that's not so tough for a guy an hour away.

But it's your boating season. If you want to spend it getting hassled...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was on Harris Saturday until about noon. Then the rains came. Spent the night at Inn on the Green then came home. Weather was spotty. Boat ran 91 WOT.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

I am gonna see how this plays out.....

The "officers" were having a hard time with another boater so they kinda of just dropped me-and went on to the other boat-almost like they lost interest......and I quickly loaded up and drove away!

The lake is a BIG lake.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Registered

I wonder if they will send you a ticket in the mail.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on state laws, you could be responsible for the damage your wake caused. Now they need to prove it was your wake that caused the damage. Unless they have some good evidence like you buzzing their dock within 20' and have your wake on camera as it rolled in and hit their dock, it is very hard to prove. I bet the whole thing will go away, but if it doesn't I would ask for evidence.

(however if you did buzz someone you deserve to get harassed)

WILL
Old 09-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Did you take pictures of your boat and of the broken dock?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

I dropped him off (quickly he jumped off the boat) and proceeded to the other ramp-

Input? suggestions?

Thanks!

You didn't even make contact with the dock.
Get a attorney.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

OK I read it again.... Lk Weir is a good 6 miles across, nice
sandy bottom lake!

I am gonna see how this plays out.....
Did they say it was your wake?
or physical contact?

CG (rubber boat ) wake damaged our Pantera, in a "No Wake " Zone, they paid.

Quick Reply: Incident in Florida on lake (County dock)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.