Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder >

WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Notices

WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Old 09-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chance depends on the number of tickets sold. I am the license holder for a $180,000 raffle in Mich and have held raffles in Ohio. (We have to have a raffle license here.) I just don't solicit OSO members. NOT saying that TPSM shouldn't be, it's a boat after all.

I find that the ticket sales DO increase as the raffle gets closer.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers go. I may be inclined to buy a ticket, but I would need to see the published rules.
(Time and date of drawing, who is excluded, taxes and other liabilities assumed by the winner, how they will be notified, when it needs to be picked up, how will transfer of ownership go down and where. All the regular stuff.)
Old 09-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll second that. Publish the rules/ terms and conditions and change the name of this thread and I think you'll see uptake on this very quickly.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
To me,
this all sounds like a SCAM.

399 people send 250 bucks and all of the sudden your best friend wins the boat.
Or your wife or so.
Now you made 100 K and still have the boat.

Good idea though. LOL
OH man thats what is going to kill this,statements like that, what ever happened to trust in a mans word? I hope it all works out and I would be one of the first to buy tickets if I could. Just let it happen and have fun with it.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

Put me in for at least 1 ticket, maybe 2.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
OH man thats what is going to kill this,statements like that, what ever happened to trust in a mans word? I hope it all works out and I would be one of the first to buy tickets if I could. Just let it happen and have fun with it.
Exactly! We all know TSPM as they are an advertiser here. I doubt he would let this happen. I might just buy a ticket. If I win I will sell it to a club member who would love to own an AT...for a song. And make a killing! Even after taxes.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

To me,

Or your wife or so.

Good idea though. LOL
I guess that's why they make us have a license up here, have public drawings and have our records available to the state. They did visit once. I was ok, but they made me do a separate daily deposit for the raffle so that the raffle funds were not co-mingled with daily monies. We have to track volunteer hours, costs, and file full reports with the state.

I trust TPSM, but like any other fiduciary arrangement, I like to base my decision on the terms of the deal rather than a person's past reputation.

I wouldn't put a check in the mail on faith. Especially for something that I read online. Would anyone?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
I have come to realize the sad truth of this situation is the fact that I could buy 98 tickets AND STILL NOT WIN. My luck (if you can believe it) is almost as bad as Gino's.
Ditto..

But my luck is even worse. One of these days we need a thread about bad luck. I'll bet I win.. But with my luck.. I'l be second. But.. I'm in for a shot or two.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

TSPM. Sorry.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered

To me,

Or your wife or so.

Good idea though. LOL
NO not a scam......I will post all the required info. Waiting for NYS to send me criteria. A legit third party will draw the winning ticket. Drawing to held in the showroom the day after Thanksgiving 2008 or before if we get the desired 400 tickets sold. Everyone can come down when the ticket is pulled BTW. No clsed door BS.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TSPM
NO not a scam......I will post all the required info. Waiting for NYS to send me criteria. A legit third party will draw the winning ticket. Drawing to held in the showroom the day after Thanksgiving 2008 or before if we get the desired 400 tickets sold.
That's cool that you can do that in NYS.

Up here, we have to do the drawing on the date and time approved by the state, and we can't sell tickets until the license is issued. Tickets must carry the license number and drawing date.
I had to submit the the dates of drawings over a year in advance. The license is only valid during the one hour approved drawing time. And the license cost $450.00.
And that's for a non-profit.

Sounds like New York is much more lenient than MI. If I had advertised my raffle prior to receiving the license the fines would have been steep. NYS rocks.

Quick Reply: WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.