Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Accident at Cumberland Poker Run >

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Notices

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP....Prayers to his family and many friends.

This was my first incounter with the Cumberland Poker Run. With all the fun and excitment that goes on that weekend its easy to forget just how dangerous the water can be for everyone. Sounds like a super guy and hopefully left the boating world with a reminder of what a dangerous hobbie we partake in and our responsibility to safely monitor our boats at every speed and condition.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Craig
Are thoughts and prayers are with you in your recovery, along with prayers and condolences to Kevin's family and friends.
Rest In Peace Kevin

Respectfully,
Steve, Cindy & Austin Kerns
Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C5Steve
UPDATED 1 AM ET SUNDAY

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/view....php?tid=20826

According to reports, a 2003 Skater 36 catamaran based in Greenwood IN flipped on a boat wake while traveling at a speed of around 130 miles per hour.

According to a report from Marine Assist on this forum: "(Sellers) was attempting to pass the boat in the lead."

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/view....php?tid=20824

Trying "to pass the boat in the lead" at 130 mph !!! That's not a "poker run" - its a race. At those speeds it should of never been allowed that close to spectators either, glad none of them got hurt.

Look for the same thing to happen to this event as SOTW - no more.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FloridaDan
Trying "to pass the boat in the lead" at 130 mph !!! That's not a "poker run" - its a race. At those speeds it should of never been allowed that close to spectators either, glad none of them got hurt.

Look for the same thing to happen to this event as SOTW - no more.
So every time I pass a slower boat on the water its now a race..They already explained what happened and he just caught a wake wrong..Read up before you post dumb stuff like this.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Florida Dan,
i agree also.
edh
Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oldracer27
Craig, Matt H called me Saturday evening. I talked to Bob yesterday. Give me a call at the house. I'm pretty sure you have the number. Greg S
HEY GREG , I DONT HAVE YOUR NUMBER BUT WILL GET IT. THANK YOU AND I WILL SEE YOU THIS WEEK.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
Hey Craig glad your doing better. I worked with Kevin for 20+ years through his machine shop. We both started around the same time. And I think you may have worked with my boy at Carter. Your right he wouldnt blame anybody he knew how to live life and had the resorces to do just that. If there is anything I can do to help out please let the family know they can call anytime they have my numbers thanks.. Dan /Countyline Machine
YES I DID WORK WITH YOUR SON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. STAY IN TOUCH WITH BOB FOR FUNERAL ARGEMENTS.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
Hey Craig glad your doing better. I worked with Kevin for 20+ years through his machine shop. We both started around the same time. And I think you may have worked with my boy at Carter. Your right he wouldnt blame anybody he knew how to live life and had the resorces to do just that. If there is anything I can do to help out please let the family know they can call anytime they have my numbers thanks.. Dan /Countyline Machine
YES I DID WORK WITH YOUR SON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. STAY IN TOUCH WITH BOB FOR FUNERAL ARGEMENTS. I KNOW HE WOULD WANT YOU THERE.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dionea
Craig, I cannot express how grateful I am that you were not seriously injured on Saturday. My heart goes out to you and Lori through this difficult time.

I am so saddened by Kevin's accident. He was a good friend to me for many years. I will miss our two hour phone conversations, I will miss his sense of humor, I will miss his kindness, I will miss his fearlessness, and mostly I will just miss him. I think the world became a much less interesting place yesterday. My deepest condolences to all who were fortunate enough to know and care about him.

Dione Amirkhan
HEY DIONE . THANK YOU. I KNOW WHAT YOUR FEELING . I CANT STOP GETTING UPSET JUST THINKING ABOUT OUR LOSS. I KNOW I WILL SEE YOU THIS WEEK . PLEASE CALL IF YOU NEED TO TALK
Old 09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

RIP to Kevin, and speedy recovery to you Craig. kinda at at loss for words, just very sad.
Dean and Family

Quick Reply: Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.