Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Notices

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home port

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
according to on-scene Marine Assist that's not true..
That's where I have boated for over 30 years and I was there. It's almost 2 miles from there to the accident scene
Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by craig s
hello , my name is craig stumpf. i was the passenger on the 36 skater know as pammy, with my long time friend kevin sellers. i want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. he was a great friend and loved by many. he passed from a neck injury. im fine just beat up . thank you
Glad to hear you are ok Craig Good luck in your recovery and as you can see here Kevin was well liked and will be missed RIP
NK
Old 09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered

Location: Home of WILD TURKEY 101 & State Dock Lake Cumberland

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
according to on-scene Marine Assist that's not true..
Originally Posted by Pop-O
That's where I have boated for over 30 years and I was there. It's almost 2 miles from there to the accident scene
He's right, the State Dock rental houseboat was no where near the accident...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0-100mph in 10 seconds!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvRllFBsNn4

HOUSEBOAT WEBCAM
http://66.38.54.83:5001/
Old 09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Old 09-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

they used to start all the slow boats first and you had to run threw all that traffic to the first card man you talk about a trip bearing down on a 70 mph boat when you running 100plus i feel sorry for his family i couldnt run the agitator all out in that event it was always too rough about 110 was as hard as i could push it its sad
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

ive known Kevin for a little over 6 years now. i take care of his airplane at his base airport, i was also his detailer for the Skater. Kevin always seemed to live life on the edge. His passion was speed. He has owned fast planes, fast boats, and fast cars. The first time he gave me a ride in his aerobatic airplane, there was a sticker on the dash the read, "EVERYONE DIES, BUT NOT EVERYONE REALLY LIVES." That was his motto and I know he was doing something he had deep passion for. He was also very modest, and never gloated about himself and his success. He was a normal guy that got along with everyone. Sometimes hot-tempered, but always well-mannered, Kevin carried himself as a man of dignity, concern for others, and respect. This has come to a complete shock to all of his here at his Indianapolis home airport. Kevin was the type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you asked. Our sincere condolences go out to his family, friends, and his racing family. I knew Kevin has a lot of friends, but I found this forum trying to find updated info on this, and this is an incredible community on here. Reading these posts have helped me greatly today.

Last edited by Schafe3593; 09-07-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craig s
hello , my name is craig stumpf. i was the passenger on the 36 skater know as pammy, with my long time friend kevin sellers. i want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. he was a great friend and loved by many. he passed from a neck injury. im fine just beat up . thank you
Craig,

Thanks for taking a moment to post and let us know you are okay. God Bless you and I am very sorry for the loss of your friend Kevin. I never met him but always loved his boat and from what I have read he was a super guy that will sure be missed.

R.I.P. Kevin

Mark

God Bless all.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered

Rip
Old 09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Rip!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

If in fact he flipped because of a large wake then whoever created that wake should be held accountable, seems there are more & more large cruisers in a hurry to get somewhere that make huge rollers that come out of nowhere, capeable of swamping smallers boats. On LOTO 4th of July night there were so many boats out to watch fireworks, many of them large cruisers, we were in a 50 Nortec at idle speed that boat was all over the place, I sure would not have wanted to be in anything smaller. So I can see how this tragedy happened. Heartfelt prayers to all involved.

P.S. maybe the speed limit should be for the big cruisers

Quick Reply: Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.