Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Accident at Cumberland Poker Run >

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Notices

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im a little late with my response and I never met Kevin, but we apparently crossed paths several times.
I came across these pictures today and hopefully they wont offend anyone, as I would want everyone to remember happier times. These are from SOTW 2006. My sincere condolences to friends and family.

MH

http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/q...meOn_013/SOTW/
Old 09-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

R.I.P
all involved are in our prayers, May God be with you
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Craig, I never met you or Kevin before the 08 Cumberland Poker Run. Our paths did cross twice on Friday. We put our boats in the same time at Jamestown and tied up next to each other at the dock there. I was very impressed with "Pammy" and watched as you and Kevin got in and took off. We also rode the ferry over together on Friday evening to State Dock. I remember telling my friends, those are the guys with the 36 Skater. After reading all of the posts here, I felt a connection. Im sorry I never met the man, we have very similar philosophies. I applaud the man the man who takes life by the horns and truly LIVES, Not be content with the mediocrity of a safe existance. LIFE IS A TEST...YOUR FRIEND PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!!...Im glad to hear you are healing up.
P.S. If I had his Skater...Rest assured I would have been chasing that Nor-tech down as well....God Speed to all His Family and Friends!!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Craig, that was very well said, and probably just the way Kevin would want you to tell us. I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. I have quite a few pics of Kevin in pammy up here in Chicago, from the last few years when he did our Chicago Poker run. If you'd like, I'll send them to you. Just get me your e-mail address, and their yours.
If you find the time, and would want to talk to me, here's my # 708-870-2572

Thanks...........Frank
hey frank. craig here again, just wanted to see if you forgot about me. lol. i was wanting to get that video of kevin driving his boat you told me about and those pics. cant wait to see him driving! please stay in touch craig s
Old 10-02-2008, 11:29 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craig s
hey frank. craig here again, just wanted to see if you forgot about me. lol. i was wanting to get that video of kevin driving his boat you told me about and those pics. cant wait to see him driving! please stay in touch craig s

Hi Craig, did'nt forget about it, just need to get a copy of it made so I can get it out to you. I'll be gone for a 3 day weekend of drag racing, but when I get back on monday, I'll make one and call you.

Thanks for the talk we had.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 11-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Registered

Just read about this in Powerboat Mag. Very Sad.
Kevin sounded like a great person.

R.I.P.