Internet Brands - You are losing us >

Internet Brands - You are losing us

Notices

Internet Brands - You are losing us

Old 09-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
  1. OffshoreOnly is now officially the slowest-runnning boating web site that I visit. Between the Google ads, flashing graphics, and general parasitic BS, every page takes forever to load or update.
  2. ...IF the page loads successfully at all. More and more, things simply come to a halt partway through the process.
  3. The page width comes out screwed up more and more often.
  4. The "Last Post" column is completely unreliable. It often refers to posts that are days or weeks old. Even worse, it's accuracy is totally random; you can never tell when it works and when it doesn't.
Personally, I guess I don't have a dog in the fight, since I'm a Charter Member, and do not pay. On the other hand, as a Charter Member, I hate to see a web site and community that has been a great resource slip into mediocrity.

For almost 10 years, OSO has been virtually the only boating web site that I spent time on. In the last 2 months, I have found myself spending more and more time on other sites that I neve thought I would sign up for, simply because I don't have to spend my time waiting for those sites to do what they should - perform.

In the last month, I have joined both ScreamAndFly.com and BoatFreaks.org, and tripled my post count on Speedwake.com.

Do as you see fit. So will I.

Ditto - it is a shame. I feel the same way.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get the pop ups or any of the flashing graphics. But I have had times where after I click the quick response it takes for ever to post, but that does seem to be better then it was. Unfortunately a lot of people have left because of the problems they were having so the sight is so much less active, it's a shame because I hate having to check in on two or three other sites each day. I wonder if anyone has a way of checking this, I would be curious to see what the number of posts were this August compared to last August.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

They don't care.
ed
Old 09-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

1. OffshoreOnly is now officially the slowest-runnning boating web site that I visit. Between the Google ads, flashing graphics, and general parasitic BS, every page takes forever to load or update.
  2. ...IF the page loads successfully at all. More and more, things simply come to a halt partway through the process.
  4. The "Last Post" column is completely unreliable. It often refers to posts that are days or weeks old. Even worse, it's accuracy is totally random; you can never tell when it works and when it doesn't.
Personally, I guess I don't have a dog in the fight, since I'm a Charter Member, and do not pay. On the other hand, as a Charter Member, I hate to see a web site and community that has been a great resource slip into mediocrity.

For almost 10 years, OSO has been virtually the only boating web site that I spent time on. In the last 2 months, I have found myself spending more and more time on other sites that I neve thought I would sign up for, simply because I don't have to spend my time waiting for those sites to do what they should - perform.

In the last month, I have joined both ScreamAndFly.com and BoatFreaks.org, and tripled my post count on Speedwake.com.

I'm certainly not paying for this site again. I don't need to spend 30 bucks to see my cool avatar.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Kinda reminds you of the Comcast commercials with the "slowensky's" turtles complaining about hi-speed internet....
That's 'Slowski.'
Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Chuck............sounds more like you have a problem with your PC......perhaps a virus, ad streamer or something. I always use the "last post" and it alwasy works. Never see flashing google ads, page size always is fine.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by baddogz28
That's 'Slowski.'
I guess that means they're polish with the "I" instead of the "Y"....
Old 09-12-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I guess that means they're polish with the "I" instead of the "Y"....
Haha you got me there.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Banned

www.boatfreaks.org

Quick Reply: Internet Brands - You are losing us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.