Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? >

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Notices

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Old 09-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SkaterKat what's your personsal email, I have a question on your profile.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Never mind found it...check your email.

Thanks
Angel
Old 09-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera24
SkaterKat what's your personsal email, I have a question on your profile.
Angel,

My email is [email protected] or [email protected].
Old 09-29-2008, 07:23 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY
Add pantera to that list, didn't realize they were also still offering their 24.

4 good companies offering offshores under 25 ft.
Basically, there are two origin hulls that make up the best of the best.

The 21 Challenger/Shadows which led to the current Superboats, Activators, Progressions, Kryptonites, Intimidators etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The 24 Magnum/Cigarette which led to the 24 Panteras, Superboats, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc............

Both of these boats were designed over 30 years ago and nothing has caught them yet.........

T2x
Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
5- the Laveycraft 24 won offshore sport boat of the year in 03 (or 04 cant remember)

Now all we need to do is convince new boaters to buy one of the 5 (Im sure there are a few more) instead of yamaha and sea doo and these good companies can stay in business.
Any information? I know they've made boats for a long time....but never thought of them as offshores, I was under the impression they were shallower V's....

T2x I see where you are coming from, at this point other then changing a deck here, a deck there, maybe a little chine, pad, step work here you can't do much with a 24' 24* v hull boat other then decide how you want to build it (lay up processes) so in the long run they'll all pretty much be the same.

Time to get back to the "smaller" classes of boats racing so the poor guy like me can run around with boats his size
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Any information? I know they've made boats for a long time....but never thought of them as offshores, I was under the impression they were shallower V's....

T2x I see where you are coming from, at this point other then changing a deck here, a deck there, maybe a little chine, pad, step work here you can't do much with a 24' 24* v hull boat other then decide how you want to build it (lay up processes) so in the long run they'll all pretty much be the same.

Time to get back to the "smaller" classes of boats racing so the poor guy like me can run around with boats his size

Amen to that UPROKTOY,

They need to bring back the old A and B class, and I would be all over that! Your progression would an A class dominator. Thats we need. A 22 to 26ft single outboard class like the old days! Can you imagine single OB progressions, panteras, velocitys, etc. etc. etc.? How fun would that be huh?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SKATERKAT
Amen to that UPROKTOY,

They need to bring back the old A and B class, and I would be all over that! Your progression would an A class dominator. Thats we need. A 22 to 26ft single outboard class like the old days! Can you imagine single OB progressions, panteras, velocitys, etc. etc. etc.? How fun would that be huh?
That is called the Single Outboard class (S.O.B. for short) and no one shows up for the races even though it is included in all OPA events......

There are dozens and dozens of them in the northeast, but none of the owners wants to risk damaging their hulls and many whine about the entry fee, cost of safety equipment, travel expenses....etc, etc, etc...... It' sad because without a true breeding ground where are tomorrow's racers going to get started. Not everybody can start at the top.

T2x
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
That is called the Single Outboard class (S.O.B. for short) and no one shows up for the races even though it is included in all OPA events......

There are dozens and dozens of them in the northeast, but none of the owners wants to risk damaging their hulls and many whine about the entry fee, cost of safety equipment, travel expenses....etc, etc, etc...... It' sad because without a true breeding ground where are tomorrow's racers going to get started. Not everybody can start at the top.

T2x
Unfortunately I am one of those people who has had the chance to run in Algonac Michigan and St. Clair michigan but have not been able to pull it off....I'd love to do it...but another reason I don't do it is because I don't think i would be racing anyone but myself?

This summer my motor blew up, maybe next summer
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered

did they limit speeds in SOB or was it just run what ya brung?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

did they limit speeds in SOB or was it just run what ya brung?
I honestly don't know if they limit speeds or not.... I hope not as that would be another excuse not to bring your S.O.B.....and a good one....Why go to a "race" that isn't really a race?

T2x

Quick Reply: Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.