Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ? >

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Notices

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Old 03-10-2002, 10:08 AM
ScreaminDemon

i agree with TOO OLD. i would prefer that the company focus on building me the best boat possible instead of worrying about racing...and in a smaller company, racing could interfere if they have limited personnel. just a thought.

Old 03-10-2002, 10:45 AM
EndlessSummer

Jesse James, what the hell does a new keyboard have to do with your mis-spelling? All keyboards have the letters and numbers in the same place!

Old 03-10-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also agree with Too old. It really did not matter to me if AT was involved in boat racing or not. I would rather have everyone there focusing on building a customers boat. Do I think that racing helps to sell boats, yes, can a small custome boat company do just as well without a race team, ABSOLUTELY. I still think if you build a great performance boat and you keep your customers happy that is how you sell boats. Just my opinion.
Old 03-10-2002, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

okay, well put. I just thought the racing ciruit would be a good platform for exposing and marketing a product, but from the way most of you have responded that sounds like OLD or maybe even UNWISE marketing strategy by today's standards. I have never raced a boat, neither am I a boat manufacturer----I'm just a weekend warrior and I could be----I say, I could be wrong!
Old 03-10-2002, 06:34 PM
worldchampioncigarette

Are you guys kidding me? First thing, if you do pay 225k for a AT, its worth 100k next week and thats if there is a buyer. Next thing if you are worried about vacuflush toliet and airconditioning you should buy a searay. Im sure the AT runs through the 6 to 8 footers with the toliet and a/c laying on the floor when you get to the dock. If you are trying to save money thats one thing, but lets Not compare these two boats even leaving the racing aside. You either want to buy an offshore boat or want to save money. Make up your mind.

Old 03-10-2002, 06:50 PM
ScreaminDemon

AMAZING...how come everytime someone comes in bashing, they have a minimal amount of posts?

Old 03-10-2002, 06:52 PM
worldchampioncigarette

Its only once in a while I get annoyed enough to have to speak to you guys.

Old 03-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worldchamp,

I'm not at all convinced you know a thing about At's. I've got over 325 hours on my '99 and haven't had anything...not one thing shake loose, and I've been in some of the most rough water anyone would ever want to be in, in a boat. I know that when I looked at Cigs back in the middle 90's they were way down on the fit and finish level. It was in those years that Cig went thru different owners and different levels of financial security. I have seen mid 90's Cigs with the whole interiors falling apart with about the same number hours I have on my boat. As of the level of quality today I would have to say that the Cigs I've seen are much better finished than they were in the recent past. I would never spend the extra money on a Cig today however. The AT is with out question the best built boat for the money that you could buy today. And the AT's are holding their resale value very well.

Make sure you do your research before you make such broad derogatory statements about a competitive of yours. I have never heard Pat say anything bad about Cigs or any other boats. He just says go look at them, take a ride and look at the older models after they've been around out in real world use. Its not about money anymore. Its getting the most value. I don't think Cigs are better in any way so why would one spend that much more. Not a good value if you ask me.

Todd K.

P.S. Nice way to express youself on your first post.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:10 PM
worldchampioncigarette

You said it. The best maybe for the money or good "value", just dont compare the 2 boats.

Old 03-10-2002, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

World Champion what’s the Warranty on a Cigarette Nowadays?? Like when does an Owner start paying for repairs? (Oops factory screw-up I ment) also the AT Glass Shop I would put their work up against anyone, anytime!!Hell you can eat off the floor Kept that Clean! Does Cigarette still use Ply Rot for the Scantling Input? I would worry about that. In closing where are the 100 K week old ATs? Na AT is the best buy in the Market ..It was a nice try on your part though.

Best Regards

Quick Reply: 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.