There's nothing like it in rough water! >

There's nothing like it in rough water!

Notices

There's nothing like it in rough water!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
I just saw the video for that song the other day for the first time, I wasn't ready for that image in the mirror at the end
F*CKIN' CLASSIC HUH!?

That's one of the best music videos ever. where did you find it, it's hard to locate.

And again, it goes EXCELLENT with the Apache video. I would like to see a compilation of good video shots timed to the song.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

incredible video !!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
This might be a way to ressurect real offshore racing as it was originally intended.
I got an idea here!
Put the big boats back in big blue water, have live on board sound and video on each boat and have several helicopters flying close to the boats with some of todays stabilized cameras like IMAX and put some awesome sound tracks in the race film. Then show this full event racing along with sponsors commercails on big IMAX type screens in theaters with great sound systems and sell advertising space to the sponsors and admission to the showings as a way to pay for the filming,production, race, purses, insurance etc.
I know I would pay $25-$35 for a ticket to something like this and I think the rest of the fans around the world who love to watch the sport would too. Even the sales of the video would be good for the awesome home systems that a lot of viewers have today.
I think its a lot better than sitting on a beach somewhere watching some boats race around a small course at distances where you can barely hear the boats let alone see them.
Think about how many people watch Football on TV versus at the game and how much better the coverage is?!
What do you think? Maybe its an idea whose time has come!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Great idea Ray.......now take a look at what HORBA has planned for 2010 and that gives you a little less than 18 months to put it together.

www.historicraceboats.com go to the racing section...info on real ocean races and classes.

For more rough water action, go to

www.bananaboatco.com

And see the real film of Don Aronow in the actual race this photo below was taken at......it is in the Should I buy a Banana? section.

And finally.....for anyone really wanting to get going with a 41 again.....Bobby Saccenti and I will build you a brand new one from the new Chief 42 stepped molds. Banana has an agreement with Chief that we could build a boat out of those molds if a real customer came along.....anybody ready???? See our ad below...right side.
Attached Thumbnails There's nothing like it in rough water!-aronowfile0017a.jpg   There's nothing like it in rough water!-cm-personal0004-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 10-05-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
F*CKIN' CLASSIC HUH!?

That's one of the best music videos ever. where did you find it, it's hard to locate.

And again, it goes EXCELLENT with the Apache video. I would like to see a compilation of good video shots timed to the song.
Tank,
I found it on you tube, here is a link to the HQ uncensored video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43GxJBsw2k4
and another one to Spitfire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDO--nCQE_g
Old 10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Tank,
I found it on you tube, here is a link to the HQ uncensored video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43GxJBsw2k4
and another one to Spitfire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDO--nCQE_g
awesome, thanks!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lets GO!

Top Banana and others:

I am glad to see the big old boats brought back out again in "big blue water" and I know there are a lot of current US builders, like Outer Limits, Fountain, Cigarette, Dragon, etc who would like the exposure and racing footage that something like this could provide to the whole performance boating community. I also know there are some private boat owners out there with big V's and Cat's who would probably love to participate in a competetion and entertainment venue like this.
All we have to do here is find the right cinematic production experts and their equipment, line up sponsorships, arrange the organization and classes , determine participants and purses, determine racing venues, arrainge for all the support and facilities and then figure out how were going to start this process in motion with enough initial investment to get this undertaking off the ground!
Not a big deal right! Well if there are enough interested parties who will help with all the above including the investment, I think we could "GET ER DONE" as that cable guy says!
Entertainment is a huge money making business today . Just think about those crazy crab fishermen, and frozen ice truckers! With the right type of cinematic excellence and some awesome racing it would make this new Open Ocean Racing Association (OORA!") and its members and sponsors whole very quickly. I can see this sport back making money and real competetion for its members and participants as well as getting the general public as viewers and fans for an awesome sport! The real nice thing here is we don't have to build big tracks like Nascar, there's a lot of "Big blue Water" out there on both coasts and the gulf and Great Lakes.
Lets Get ER Done!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

PS - No its Not April Fools Day!