Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't pokeing at you Gino I feel the same way, He gets a lot of people pissed off with all his ( my boats are the best, fastest etc).
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
We had a minor mechanmical problem and then stopped to help the Bud Light guys.

Justice is coming and Gold Digger were the first 2 boats to the lunch stop.

I'm ordering t-shirts today. What do yopu think??

2 XXL's, 1 XL, 2 Med's please sir
Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Does it really matter. I thought this was a poker run. Golddigger could have easily been first if I wanted to push it. We had a our wives with us and had no intention to run real hard. Too many egos
Bill, the boat looked great. You and I have similiar luck with mechanical issues on these runs. I was really glad to see you at the lunch dock when we got there. With all you've invested You deserve it.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Which boat is Justice is Coming? Im starting to really like that name.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott B
2 XXL's, 1 XL, 2 Med's please sir

2 XL's and 2 L's. Where do I send the $?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

I sure there are a lot of cats that could beat the Cash Killer if they wanted, they show up to a poker run with race boats.

Gino and the other people PAID to do a PR. The Fountain guys GOT PAID to do a PR. You flip the bill for everything I need to go real fast and I will show up at every big PR and go as fast as I can the whole time.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow....so many negative Fountain shots! Yeah, Reggie knows how to stir the pot! He's managed to get many of you guys all rattled! That's his competitive nature and what keeps things interesting....it's also advertising without spending a dime! This thread is getting as interesting and fun as the old "Apache" threads!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by salesmanship
I just had to laugh. The whole thing was so set up.
For the first time ever they led the boats out way past the inlet and let every boat line up for the start. You know kind of like a race was taking place.... Normally as soon as the pace boat clears the inlet they go and a lot of the boats are still idling. I assumed they did this nobody could argue about somebody leaving early blah blah. BTW for whatever reason Rio Roses kept it around 80 MPH the whole way to lunch.
That's right. I was only doing 80-90 mph. I'm not a Cat Killer by any means. With 750 Supercats that burn a lot of fuel, I was more worried about finishing the run that being the fastest. And we always look like a race team with full equipment, as it is not fun hitting the roll cage with your head after a hard landing.
I think I had one of the smaller engine packages anyway after what I saw on the dock.
I enjoy bring my raceboat to the events. For me it is not a race but a big social event with comraderie like I had in racing.

I also represent PRA sponsor Rio Roses who likes me bringing the boat too.

So I'll keep bringing it and not threaten anyone by it. 80-90 mph for me is just fine. Remember, it's not a race, right?

A special thanks to Larry Goldman who was so gracious to us at the dock helping to get us situated in a nasty crosswind.

Rich Troppoli
Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Wow....so many negative Fountain shots! Yeah, Reggie knows how to stir the pot! He's managed to get many of you guys all rattled! That's his competitive nature and what keeps things interesting....it's also advertising without spending a dime! This thread is getting as interesting and fun as the old "Apache" threads!

it is getting his name out there, but not in a good light. reading some of the comments in this thread makes me never want a fountain. and i like fountains, but i would rather spend money on a boat/ company that doesnt act like their Sh*t doesn't stink.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's a composite of the first five through the pass at Boca Grande.
For those that are concerned with the numbers- the Mercedes boat came thru 14th and Rio Roses 20th.

I'll try to get more pix up soon.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.