Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
holy crap Greg!!!!
LMAO
Old 10-07-2008, 06:18 PM
cloke

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I don't think PRA did anything wrong. I don't believe they new anything was going on with Reggies guys. No one did. The boat showed up 30 minutes before the run. I'm sure it ws probably registered under the name of the owner as all boats were. How could they have known the race team was going to be jumping in the boat?
They knew. It was openly talked about before it happened.

Its all water under the bridge now.
I'm glad for those that got bragging rights and I'm glad everyone is safe at home.
Its the hypocrisy of the safety speeches that erks me. No biggie, I said my piece . I'm over it.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

You didn't do so bad, you were still the first boat to the inlet!
I didn't have my wife with me but evem worse, I had my boat biotch Larry Goldman with me. I also would have ran harder if he was left back at the dock! I could harly hear my engines over his whining!
I love your Avatar. Can not quit laughing. I knew someday Reggie would get his payback.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got a call from someone and give me the whole run down.
Reggie flew in with Wyatt Fountain, Ben Robertson, Jeff Harris, Reggie jr in Reggies plane. They were there for one reason. New video.
I heard the video is in the editing room. The only problem is it's going to show Cat Killer in front and passing of other cats. Apperently the Mercedes boat is not going to make the final cut. I heard the Mercedes boat is not going to be shown at all, like it wasn't there. I'm sure this will start a lot of talk.
I have one thing to say, If Cat Killer isn't shown passing the Mercedes boat, then where is it??
I'm pretty sure we were there!
Wait till you see the video, I'm sure you were not there! After all, you didn't win the Aronow race either!

Were you able to find out what the engines were?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Wait till you see the video, I'm sure you were not there! After all, you didn't win the Aronow race either!

Were you able to find out what the engines were?
Waiting-------Waiting---Tap-Tap_Tap anybody in there? I have been looking and still can't find anything, Any luck anywhere? Tap-- Tap
Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Little Clarification

Hey guys, lets wait and see on the video, not speculate. I will be at the factory tonight and most likely see/here what the plan is and let you know if I know.

First of all Wyatt was NOT there. Wyatt's a good guy and I don't want his balls busted when he wasn't even there. Benny and Reggie Jr drove the 45 race boat, Jeff Harris was there to drive an MTI but something happened to boat and he jumped into the 42 Poker Run boat with 1075's with Brian Forehand who is the head mechainc and only raced one race in his life. He was there to support the 45 if they had mechanical issues and he's actaully a great person and great wrench so lets not exploit him.

It's less expensive to fly in a twin prop plane with 6 people than commercial from Washington NC but the picture being painted is all these racers flew in a big jet/jets to race and kick someones butt. It's PR and it obviously got attention whether it worked or not. This was PR for both MTI, Fountain & the other brands that tried to keep up with them. Just the fact that a V-Bottom is now constantly compared to cats is pretty cool (just not the tone of it becasue of the way it has been handled). If handled properly I don't think anyone would have ever expected the v to out run the fastest cats. After all, who's Reggie going to compare/compete against in v-bottoms. It's a fact that Fountain has dominated racing, kilo, and other in the v-bottom category GLOBALLY. After wearing out the competition Reggie decided to run in a category maybe he could not compete in but at the end of the day he has done well for a v against alot of cats, won alot of races and set a number of kilos for offshore boats, express crusiers and fish boats. He has single handedly set more speed records and won more races than any other manufacturer in the world.

The kilo for v's is out there and there is nothing stopping any competetive brand from trying to beat it other than the risk of how Reggie will react if they do not. We know what happened last time someone got embarrased in his backyard.

Gino, it's a piece of history you own and you are entitled to. Consider it an accomplishment. Do with it what you want but it's like politics and if there is a spin it will most likely not be the one you want. On the other hand, maybe there will be nothing done at all and all this excitement will fizzle until the next PR move which we all know Reggie has planned.

I would prefer to see all these high speed challenges take place on a race course where the drivers are protected with proper safety equipment and divers ready to jump in if there is an event that would require it.

I think you are rightfully frustrated but heck at the end of the day you now have rock star status, run with it, get the Sharpies out and be a better sport than your so called competitor. We know Larry already had rock star status and know what he's capable of doing (LOL).

Just think if Dale Earnhardt Jr jumped out of his car with the attitude Fountain has, Rick Hendrick would fire him before he was done with interview and not lose a minutes sleep over it. There is a way to tell the world you beat them in any competetive sport without being arrogant an ass or other but sometimes Fountain misses that chapter with the bullseye they have on there back.

My biggest concern is not who won but that people trying to keep up with these fastest cats and v's to see the outcome is/are going to get hurt in the process. I think one way to stop this is go back to 101 poker runs and get rid of the grand prix starts. Everytime we exploit ourselves online like this we open the door for insurance companies to raise our rates for risk, cancel policies and other. These factors ultimately will affect boat sales which are already soft and affect promoters abilities to even have an event where a group of people with the same interest are supposed to be having a good time.

See you soon,

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & BAJA By Fountain

Just got a call from someone and give me the whole run down.
Reggie flew in with Wyatt Fountain, Ben Robertson, Jeff Harris, Reggie jr in Reggies plane. They were there for one reason. New video.
I heard the video is in the editing room. The only problem is it's going to show Cat Killer in front and passing of other cats. Apperently the Mercedes boat is not going to make the final cut. I heard the Mercedes boat is not going to be shown at all, like it wasn't there. I'm sure this will start a lot of talk.
I have one thing to say, If Cat Killer isn't shown passing the Mercedes boat, then where is it??
I'm pretty sure we were there!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren
Hey guys, lets wait and see on the video, not speculate. I will be at the factory tonight and most likely see/here what the plan is and let you know if I know.

First of all Wyatt was NOT there. Wyatt's a good guy and I don't want his balls busted when he wasn't even there. Benny and Reggie Jr drove the 45 race boat, Jeff Harris was there to drive an MTI but something happened to boat and he jumped into the 42 Poker Run boat with 1075's with Brian Forehand who is the head mechainc and only raced one race in his life. He was there to support the 45 if they had mechanical issues and he's actaully a great person and great wrench so lets not exploit him.

It's less expensive to fly in a twin prop plane with 6 people than commercial from Washington NC but the picture being painted is all these racers flew in a big jet/jets to race and kick someones butt. It's PR and it obviously got attention whether it worked or not. This was PR for both MTI, Fountain & the other brands that tried to keep up with them. Just the fact that a V-Bottom is now constantly compared to cats is pretty cool (just not the tone of it becasue of the way it has been handled). If handled properly I don't think anyone would have ever expected the v to out run the fastest cats. After all, who's Reggie going to compare/compete against in v-bottoms. It's a fact that Fountain has dominated racing, kilo, and other in the v-bottom category GLOBALLY. After wearing out the competition Reggie decided to run in a category maybe he could not compete in but at the end of the day he has done well for a v against alot of cats, won alot of races and set a number of kilos for offshore boats, express crusiers and fish boats. He has single handedly set more speed records and won more races than any other manufacturer in the world.

The kilo for v's is out there and there is nothing stopping any competetive brand from trying to beat it other than the risk of how Reggie will react if they do not. We know what happened last time someone got embarrased in his backyard.

Gino, it's a piece of history you own and you are entitled to. Consider it an accomplishment. Do with it what you want but it's like politics and if there is a spin it will most likely not be the one you want. On the other hand, maybe there will be nothing done at all and all this excitement will fizzle until the next PR move which we all know Reggie has planned.

I would prefer to see all these high speed challenges take place on a race course where the drivers are protected with proper safety equipment and divers ready to jump in if there is an event that would require it.

I think you are rightfully frustrated but heck at the end of the day you now have rock star status, run with it, get the Sharpies out and be a better sport than your so called competitor. We know Larry already had rock star status and know what he's capable of doing (LOL).

Just think if Dale Earnhardt Jr jumped out of his car with the attitude Fountain has, Rick Hendrick would fire him before he was done with interview and not lose a minutes sleep over it. There is a way to tell the world you beat them in any competetive sport without being arrogant an ass or other but sometimes Fountain misses that chapter with the bullseye they have on there back.

My biggest concern is not who won but that people trying to keep up with these fastest cats and v's to see the outcome is/are going to get hurt in the process. I think one way to stop this is go back to 101 poker runs and get rid of the grand prix starts. Everytime we exploit ourselves online like this we open the door for insurance companies to raise our rates for risk, cancel policies and other. These factors ultimately will affect boat sales which are already soft and affect promoters abilities to even have an event where a group of people with the same interest are supposed to be having a good time.

See you soon,

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Thank you Scott,
I have received so many calls and emails from very reputible people with slightly different info. I'm sure yours is accurate. I would also agree that this sort of stuff should not be done at a Poker run. Unfortunitly, I think the only way Reggie would attempt this is the way he has. Sneak attack.
You are a true gentleman, and a very nice guy, I do appreciate everything you say and do agree.
Thank you!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Scott. Well said and you are a great ambassador of our sport and a credit to Fountain Powerboats. Reggie could learn a thing or two from you and I hope you will share your thoughts with him.

My biggest concern is your's as well and outlined in your last paragraph. Safety at the events we attend. The grand prix starts have become outright dangerous. Sending the boats out a couple at a time in intervals as has been done by FPC and PRA's 1,000 Islands PR the last couple of years seems to take the race out of it. The organisers, manufacturers and us as individuals have a huge stake in seeing that our events are safe, as well as fun.

All the best,

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 10-08-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typoooo
Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Registered

See you soon,

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Great post.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

After all, who's Reggie going to compare/compete against in v-bottoms.

www.chicagofountain.com
I dont know? Myabe the OL that wears him out when its running good, or the Cig that beat him over the pond a few times?

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.