Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
LOL, you talkin about some of the NY contingent?? They ran down with us in a 28 Skate a couple of years back and they had a BLAST.

There were some of those single engine Adrenaline boats, Pantera's, etc, on the run as well. The water for the KW run is ideal for anyone until the last 30 miles. That section CAN be calm as well.
Yea, I think they were from NY. It was funny because they rolled up next to us about 5 miles north of KW and yelled over they didn't know how to get into Bite marina. So they followed us in.

And yea, it CAN be calm....And it CAN be a nightmare!!! Couple years ago we were taking water over the bow of a Tiger while trying to get out of KW. NOT FUN!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssm-v1
I think we need to get the newcomer involved and feeling less intimidated of the high end boats. They buy an entry level boat from there favorite manufacture and mature into a high end boat. Not all of us had unlimited funds in our twenties but in our thirties things change. And organizers would possibly have larger turn outs which in turn might help lower entry fees. Let the small boats leave 30 to 40 min. ahead of everybody else give them an early lunch leave and maybe one less card stop on the way back so they return at a reasonable time. That way everyone has fun. AS far as press time Stu pretty much makes sure he gets all registered boats on video large or small. In Destin he went up on sunday just to get some of the boats he missed during the event. We need new poker runners to keep growing.

just my .02 cents
thats me , did my first poker run this year and absolutely loved it !! wayne a joe from sunsation were there , bunch of big cigs , a nortech, elim, small lake upstate new york , any way run was phenominal , i definitlety got thrown a beaten trying to keep up , but loved every second of it , definitley time to move up , but i'm hooked on the poker run , and can't wait to get more involved , headin to the worlds as a spectator, but the poker run is what hooked me and introduced the oso to me , and i think its a great site ,you guys are all whacked !!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
They are out there, but 20-24 foot family boats cannot always handle the conditions of Lake Michigan, The Gulf of Mexico, The Pacific, etc.

All they have to do is enter and pay the fee. Everyone gets a spec page to order pics of their boats. You aren't going to see many 18ft runabouts in Powerboat Magazine, Extreme Boats Mag, or Hot Boat.... because, at risk of shattering a distorted ego out there......they aren't Powerboats, Extreme Boats, or Hot Boats, they're ski boats.

No, not everyone can afford to buy a big cat or vee, but that isn't the fault of the Poker Run organizer.
My point about not everyone can afford to buy a big cat or vee. Was not to blame the Poker Run organizers or anybody for that but just making a statement. If we all could afford to buy a bigger boat to enter the Poker Runs, we would but a lot of us can't but want to enter Poker Runs with our smaller boats. Maybe I should of explained that better. Big boat or small boat we all want to have a good time and enter Poker Runs and Fun Runs.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gusman
Gino, Who was the third boat to the card stop?

LOOSE CANNON right?

And didn't they pass Gold Digger, Bud Light, and Justice is coming in the harbor until they broke a rocker?

Jonny O knows the truth. And yes he was the FIRST to the card stop!
The docking order at the first stop was not commensurate to "who was first". The run was long...... Joe Spina (Loose Cannon) had a truck brought down with high octane fuel (thanks, Joe!), to the marina next to the lunch (first) stop. After we all topped off, we motored over, docked up, ate lunch and laughed about the whole F'n antics!!! LOL.......

Well, let me say "most" of us fueled up......... and many who didn't either ran slow back or RAN OUT!!!!

All-in-all, it was a fun run!

Joe
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Does it really matter. I thought this was a poker run. Golddigger could have easily been first if I wanted to push it. We had a our wives with us and had no intention to run real hard. Too many egos
It would have if you'd have been in the 388! LOL.......
Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
The docking order at the first stop was not commensurate to "who was first". The run was long...... Joe Spina (Loose Cannon) had a truck brought down with high octane fuel (thanks, Joe!), to the marina next to the lunch (first) stop. After we all topped off, we motored over, docked up, ate lunch and laughed about the whole F'n antics!!! LOL.......

Well, let me say "most" of us fueled up......... and many who didn't either ran slow back or RAN OUT!!!!

All-in-all, it was a fun run!

Joe

When we broke our pulley we were in the bilge trying to put the oil pump belt back on so we could continue. A few minutes later Gold Digger, Justice is coming, and Loose Cannon came by in that order.
Just for refererance. They are all my buddies BUT my stomach turned a little more each time one went by!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe
Glad someone said it! I was thinking the same thing.

I was starting to think the tank in the Skater with alcohol was in there in case someone got a cut and scrape.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe

What day are you going to the keys
Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Bill, I'm going on Friday. I was going to try to have VP bring a truck down to the 2nd stop. What day are you going? Will you need fuel?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Like I said before, that is great. Let's start seeing some or more pic's of the smaller boats that run in the Poker Runs and Fun Runs.
I've been doin' my part.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.