Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sailboter crushed front end in San Francisco Bay... >

Sailboter crushed front end in San Francisco Bay...

Notices

Sailboter crushed front end in San Francisco Bay...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hell, one could buy a few Mystics a year for what it costs to maintain that monster.

Darrell.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

STILL BLOW BOAT FERRIES. NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE
Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Loan Ranger
"They skipper of "Stand-By" if he can deemed to even be called that... was more than likely in an argument over if toilet paper should go over or under...."

Everybody knows the toilet paper goes over!
Not if you have a cat or small child in the house. You go over and you will come home with all the paper on the floor
Old 10-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Around here, we all know not to get in the way of freighters. Big boats rule.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
true...here is the discussion on the blowboaters equivalent to OSO, sailing anarchy http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/ind...howtopic=79808

what I take happened was that the little (40') boat 'rounded up' thats when the blowboat becomes overpowered by the wind and turns uncontrolably (refered to as 'wiping out')
ohhh i get it...the little boat was a step hull and couldnt handle the turn...it's all so clear now...
Old 10-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Around here, we all know not to get in the way of freighters. Big boats rule.
Yeah... freighters with big diesels pushing a bow wave and freighters with twin 540s up on plane doing 75.
Big boats rule.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a " YO Shmales " but in reverse. " You scratched my anchor"
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

She's on her way to Bay Ship and Yacht now for damage survey. I'll ne there in the AM with camera.

Funny, us dumb azz powerboaters seem to know enough to pass BEHIND a larger vessel.

She sure looked pretty before the new blowboat boot stipe.
Attached Thumbnails Sailboter crushed front end in San Francisco Bay...-tn_mf_09.jpg   Sailboter crushed front end in San Francisco Bay...-tn_mf_04.jpg   Sailboter crushed front end in San Francisco Bay...-tn_mf_10.jpg  

Old 10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bonecrusher
http://yachtpals.com/maltese-falcon-...collision-3074

Found this in the search engine of Yahoo. Looks to be real. Guess its not just speed boats that are raising insurance rates.
Gerry, you going out for FleetWeek this weekend? I'm taking the Fountain over to John Berry's. he's going to hoist it in so I don't have to dip my new trailer in salt. Jim's doing the same with his 42. He'll store it all weekend and flush out and clean when we're done. Tims taking our Superhawk so we'll all try and anchor up off China beach at Angel Isl. after the show. Should be a good time. Beats the chit out of a long ride down river from the Delta.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny g
Fake as hell! Unless the wind was blowing in different directions for each boat. Look at the sails. Also look at the american flag on the bow of the big boat and then the flags on top of its masts.
Actually no "Kick Me In The A$$ For Saying This" When I was younger (A Lot Younger) I owned an M Scow and sailed in a few regattas at the Ocean Gate Sailing Club. The smaller sailboat was tacking, while the larger vessel was running with the wind. From what it looks like the small sailboat seen the larger boat to late and tried to Turn into the wind "Big Mistake" thats why his sails went the oppsoite way, He would of been better off turning into the wind and worst case senerio would have side bounced off the larger vessel. The way he turned the larger vessel could have over taken him and pulled him under "He Was Damn Lucky" and they say we are dangerous? HA HA.

Quick Reply: Sailboter crushed front end in San Francisco Bay...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.