130 Plus single engine Cat

Notices

130 Plus single engine Cat

Old 10-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary,
Another great project.
Am I to understand that you are making over 1000hp on 87-89oct fuel?

I have no experiance with the Max drive (never even seen one) But why has it been your choice in these projects?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 PM
GT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TUFFboat
Gary,
Another great project.
Am I to understand that you are making over 1000hp on 87-89oct fuel?

I have no experiance with the Max drive (never even seen one) But why has it been your choice in these projects?
A couple things:

I personally like the Max Machine Worx Billet drive for its strength, Performance, and the service the guys provide. Probably in that order. Its just my personal preference. The drive is about $15K. As far as I know, that 26 Redline has 60 hrs on it or so and I think he went through a lower gear set once(I could be wrong). I have had mine on my boat for 67 hrs and had no problems, although I have broken them in the past, but the immediate service was outstanding. I have said before, I dont expect free service, just good service, and the guys at MMW provide that to me and my customers.

The engines run on 91 octane, but will run on 89 no problem and still make 1000hp, just being safe with the fuel
Old 10-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
So i guess the question is.....have you spent the equivalent of a #6 drive on various bravo types?

If you could re-du the build would start with a 6 instead? The motor is obviously bad azz.
Very Happy with the MMW I really feel like there is not a better combination for this boat, Gary really helped on the drive, because @ the time I didn't know what my best option would be...#6 way to heavy, be easy on the throtle with no jack rabbit starts, and keep your gear oil changed, and the drive stays happy.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GT
A couple things:

I personally like the Max Machine Worx Billet drive for its strength, Performance, and the service the guys provide. Probably in that order. Its just my personal preference. The drive is about $15K. As far as I know, that 26 Redline has 60 hrs on it or so and I think he went through a lower gear set once(I could be wrong). I have had mine on my boat for 67 hrs and had no problems, although I have broken them in the past, but the immediate service was outstanding. I have said before, I dont expect free service, just good service, and the guys at MMW provide that to me and my customers.

The engines run on 91 octane, but will run on 89 no problem and still make 1000hp, just being safe with the fuel
All true Gary, I have 60hrs on the boat and the only problem I had was my fault, caught a good wave and launched the boat, I couldn't get out of it intime and spun the chit out of it...It kept on going though, it didn't leave me stranded, but I knew it wasn't good, got home and pulled the top cover "YEP NOT GOOD" called Aaron and Jason @ MMW shipped it to them went through the entire drive and had it back in 2 weeks good as new Great guys to deal with.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:09 PM

Definately very impressive for a single. Great looking boat too. Congrats!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:07 PM
GT
Registered

It will be interesting to see how the boat does as the power comes up. Its still pretty mild IMO,,,,,,If Jeff(the owner), decides to run it faster, I would like to see a cam change and have the engine spin a little faster, rather than dropping the gear ratio and changing props etc........

It might be interesting to punch in the data to a prop slip calculator: 1.35GR+36P Prop+6200+RPM+132 mph, then get a slip number,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Then do the same formula with 6700 rpm and use the slip number from before to see how fast it will go at that rpm......I think the "BAM" site has a prop slip calculator............I am going to check that out, just to get an idea what it "might" go someday...............

See for yourself..........I did

http://www.go-fast.com/Prop_Slip_Calculator.htm
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
I finally got my Revolution Performance Marine over that 130mph hurtle thanks to all parties involved Steve Tripp for the Awsome boat, Gary Taylor (TPI) Bad A$$ 5.0L, and Arron, and Jason Max Machine Worx which none of this would have ever been possible. After all is said and done, I really feel that there is not another small cat out there that can carry the speed this cat does, very stable @ 132 feels the same as 90, anybody can drive it, and it really handles rough water well.

I can tell you now, with a little more tuning and a larger custom prop, you will see this boat run over 140mph, I can promise you. This took alot of homework, but with the RPM, TPI, and MMW drive you can't beat the speed, handling, ride that this boat gives...Thanks again Guys
Very impressive numbers. One of these days I'll see you out on the water.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
Very impressive numbers. One of these days I'll see you out on the water.
Just shoot me a PM when you will be out and about...the weather is beautiful this time of year, and not much boat traffic, I want be out this weekend but I will take a run the next.

Jeff