Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prayer needed for racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197115-prayer-needed-racers.html)

fountain4play 10-14-2008 06:09 PM

Our prayers and thoughts go out to everyone involved...

Velocity Vector 10-14-2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2715000)
I did respond, we will see where it goes, hopefully the good people of St Marys will continue to help;

In reading your report on the boat accident on Sunday, then your response to
readers is utterly appalling. Whereas you state you are reporting the facts, you
seem to have forgotten the rules of journalism where you inject your opinion as
fact. The headline itself claims the individuals had no brains, quite frankly,
all of the individuals on board are business men in St Marys county, quite
possibly advertisers in your want to be newspaper.
Secondly, you again inject your uneducated boating opinion that hitting the
sandbar is the equivalent of hitting a barn, you further inject what potentially
could happen IF alcohol was involved, wholly not knowing but putting that into
the article to make a bad situation seem so much worse. It's called
sensationalism, please tell me what journalism class you learned this in? You
then try to justify it with your quote of not knowing if alcohol was involved or
just stupidity, millions of people are involved in accidents daily,
unfortunately some of them are fatal.
Are you really of the makeup that think these men purposely set out to be injured and
presumed dead? You reported the facts along with your own opinions, which lead
me to believe that you have a personal agenda against boaters, I can assure you
as a sponsor of the boat in the accident, it was doing nowhere near its
potential speed, are you of the same opinion of the people that enjoy exotic
cars or the muscle cars from the past, surely the companies that make/made these
cars aren't stupid (your terminology) as these manufacturers are global
companies that have in part helped forge America The same America that gives you
the ability of free speech to post senseless diatribe. The same as the first
line in a Doctors code is "First do no harm"...real journalists will state the
facts and report news, not embellish it with speculation and opinion. I find
your style of reporting and your subsequent responses to your readers childish
and irresponsible. You even went as far as to insinuate
the place where they were supposedly drinking!!! please show me what report that was in?
Whereas newspapers and now web blogs were the cornerstone of community, I
challenge you to do some good for the families of the injured and missing. I
along with my fellow boaters have established a fund for the medical bills and
the family of the missing man. You see, we boaters try to help our brethren and
friends in time of need, not trying to capitalize off of sensationalism.

donations can be sent to;
Proform Protective Films Inc
BobbyB fund or Reiter Family fund
3220-D Corporate Ct.
Ellicott City MD. 21042

866-776-3682
Visa and MC accepted

In conclusion Mr. Editor, no one has a problem with facts, just stick to them. I
would also extend to you a chance to ride in one of our boats, please allow us
to educate you on what it takes to operate safely and avoid a tragedy. Surely
you have no reason to refuse education?

Rob Freeman
President/CEO
Proform Protective Films Inc.

ttt

cello 10-14-2008 06:52 PM

I just found this...

I have been updating the web site with the latest information I can validate. This is my back yard, my hometown, and my family. I have been on site and on board boats searching. Channel 5 news did a very accurate story Monday night at 5:00 pm and again at 6:00pm to correct some of the rumors and stories that have surfaced.
The support from all here at offshore only, and from friends at home has been tremendous.
There has been a bank account set up for Bobby and Pat to help out. Information about this is on the web site.
Please visit the web site as I will be updating daily for further information.

http://reiterracing553.com

Marcelo (Crew Chief 553, Friend)

offshoredrillin 10-14-2008 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by cello (Post 2715634)
I just found this...

I have been updating the web site with the latest information I can validate. This is my back yard, my hometown, and my family. I have been on site and on board boats searching. Channel 5 news did a very accurate story Monday night at 5:00 pm and again at 6:00pm to correct some of the rumors and stories that have surfaced.
The support from all here at offshore only, and from friends at home has been tremendous.
There has been a bank account set up for Bobby and Pat to help out. Information about this is on the web site.
Please visit the web site as I will be updating daily for further information.

http://reiterracing553.com

Marcelo (Crew Chief 553, Friend)

Marcelo, call me at the shop on the tool free # in the morning. Rob...866-776-3682

divenstar 10-14-2008 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2713582)
My prayers and best wishes go out to all of them.

They same goes out from my family...

They will be in our prayers....

Seems to be a bad time for performance boating lovers...

Divenstar :(

10x 10-14-2008 08:14 PM

Prayers go out to all involved. So sad.

BLAZE 10-14-2008 08:16 PM

Prayers sent!

scandelous 10-14-2008 08:18 PM

Update:

As the search continues into the night for Pat there is a glimmer of hope for day break. I have had divers on my boat this afternoon searching the the pilings and the framewaork of the 1000' long, US Navy pier that had turned up clear. While the divers were onboard this evening, DNR boats with sonar devises onboard their boat, had located an "area of interest". This area was maked this evening with bouyes in the general area of the accident. The area of interest is in about 120' of water. The plan is to send divers in the area tomorrow morning with divers certified at that depth to investigate the image found. An investigator from the Maryland Department of Natural Reasources had ask me to give a statement of what I knew about the accident. Due the fact that I was the last one to see them prior to the accident. He had came to my house after learning that my boat was the sister ship of bobby's boat and wanted to learn more about the motors, top speed haul configuation, etc. I spoke with Bobby's mother this evening and she claimed that his condition is stable and improving. Kenny, in also still in the hospital with his leg injury. Josh, although sore, is up and walking and was helpping today with the search for Pat. Please understand that the information given on the findings today is preliminary and still under investigation. We all have a tremendous amount of hope for the mornings search. Mike, Augie and Allen, I very much appriciate your calls today and will let you know how things develop in the afternoon. I am sorry if I couldn't answer everyones calls today, but I promiss I will try and do better tomorrow. God bless the families and thank the OPA and friends for your support.

carter38 10-15-2008 02:04 AM

Prayers go up.

45sonic 10-15-2008 08:42 AM

Here is the link to the Channel 5 news stories that were mentioned....the links to the two videos of the 5 and 6 o'clock news stories are under the picture of Pat.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/H...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

We are still praying...

Patti and Bill