Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prayer needed for racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197115-prayer-needed-racers.html)

03darkshadow 10-16-2008 06:00 AM

Thanks for the update, Hopefully Bobby pulls through and is back boating in may. I still have those guys and their families on my mind and wish them the best.

Audiofn 10-16-2008 06:26 AM

I just wanted to give you some insite into what you are dealing with in your search. I have been in your shoes. Three years ago now I was riding snow mobiles with some freinds when we hit a lake and half way across found that it was not frozen all the way. Two of us made it all the way across over about 1-1.5 miles of open water. My very close friend and business partner did not make it.
Durring the search we all thought that they should be doing this or that, take into account things that WE thought were important. In reality they were not. We kept saying that you have to take into account currents and wind and...... We later found that all these things have very little effect on the way that the body "travels" while in the water. They also did not show up when they said that they would and that was of course very frustrating. He should be VERY CLOSE to the accident sceen if we assume a few things. We found this all out when after many days fo the Maine park services searching we hired a gentlemen from Utah that does nothing but search for and recover people.
We also learned from this wonderful husband and wife team http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html that dogs can often times be used to locate people in water. We tried Gadaver dogs but the weather did not co-operate for us. We were told that a good dog can find a person over 150 feet down. They will not pinpoint the location but they can get you close. If you try this let me know and I can let you know how they told me to do this. If the police are not successful with their search and I hope that they are I highly recommend contacting Gene and Cindy in the above link. They are wonderfull people and can give you a lot of insite. They work for only the cost of travel and stay. While they were not successful in our search they ussually are. Please feel free to email or call me at any time if you need to talk I have been through this and am reliving it every time I ready your thread. (978) 985-0639

Jon

Pantera1 10-16-2008 08:48 AM

Gods speed:(

Spicy 10-16-2008 09:12 AM

This is just terrible, may they find Pat soon to give the Reiter family peace and Bobby keep fighting, I pray the surgury was a success....

Pat

THEJOKER 10-16-2008 09:30 AM

Joe you're a good guy and those families need you. Great job!

RollWithIt 10-16-2008 10:09 AM

Never met Pat but I have had the pleasure of hanging out with Bobby. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. Speedy recovery Bobby and I hope for the best for Pats family..

Boater0979 10-16-2008 10:20 AM

The unofficial word is they found Pat this morning.

Powerboat713 10-16-2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by HeavyP (Post 2717166)

Where did you hear this?? Do we have details of where they found him in comparison to the accident?

45sonic 10-16-2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by HeavyP (Post 2717166)

NO

As stated in an earlier post from 10-14-08:

As the search continues into the night for Pat there is a glimmer of hope for day break. I have had divers on my boat this afternoon searching the the pilings and the framewaork of the 1000' long, US Navy pier that had turned up clear. While the divers were onboard this evening, DNR boats with sonar devises onboard their boat, had located an "area of interest". This area was maked this evening with bouyes in the general area of the accident. The area of interest is in about 120' of water. The plan is to send divers in the area tomorrow morning with divers certified at that depth to investigate the image found.

This is where the search stands at this point. They are still working the area quoted above.

Karaokemike 10-16-2008 11:50 AM

I just talked to Joe in Solomons they have not found Pat yet. They have two side scan sonnars with divers ready to go in the water. Once we get more information on Pat we will pass it on but please keep the rumors quit please.

I will have an update on Bobby this afternoon. I can tell that he did not have surgery last night and they are waiting for another opinion this afternoon.