Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prayer needed for racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197115-prayer-needed-racers.html)

Stormrider 10-16-2008 12:50 PM

Wow, what took me so long to find this thread?
My prayers out to both families.
Pat and I share the same last name, and a good customer of mine sponsered Pats race boat.
I'm deeply saddened by this.

R Addiction 10-16-2008 12:58 PM

Bill and Mike Thank You for the updates. Give Bobby our best and let him know where are thinking of him.

John & Lesley Rowland

scandelousJR 10-16-2008 01:55 PM

Joes (scandelous) stepdaughter here

My brother just left the hospital where he saw Bobby's sister, he was just taken into surgery. For some reason it was post poned at the last minute last night.

Joe and my husband Rob are headed to over to Solomons right now and then possibly to the hospital. I will up-date you when I hear from them.

Be strong Bobby!

Blue by You 10-16-2008 03:06 PM

Very sad chain of events... keep the focus and energy on those things that matter and on the power of prayer. Godspeed to all the families and friends involved.

scandelousJR 10-16-2008 04:02 PM

Joe and Rob are on their way to visit Bobby. Joe will up-date you all later on this evening.

MDGperformance 10-16-2008 06:22 PM

Very sad news,pat and bobby some of the nicest guys you will ever meet,still in shock,prayers for all involved

cello 10-16-2008 08:45 PM

The search for Pat continued today from sun up until sun down. Pat is still missing.
Please visit the web site for more information.
www.reiterracing553.com.

United We Race

Marcelo (Crew Chief 553, Friend)

WMF 10-16-2008 08:59 PM

Thanks for the update Marcelo!!!!,

scandelous 10-17-2008 06:51 AM

Update:

As promissed, the DNR had made it to the site Thursday morning. Unformtunatly, using the side view sonar, the original "area of interst" has moved. Remember, this is a full 36 hours later from their previous sighting. Furtrations are running high. There were 3 DNR boats, 2 coast guard auxillary boats and approximently 15 friends and citizen boats. There were no sighting of Pat. Please, do not use this thread for rummers. I am doing my best to present the facts in this unfortunate situation. Last night Bobby had surgery to insert a stent into his kidney. The fear was that he was still bleeding internally. The fact is it was not bleeding but urine was in his spline. The surgery was a success and he slowly retuning to the Bobby we all remember. Rob and I left the hospital last night at the 9:00 pm. The DNR investigator, after numerous requests, had informed me, that they may allow me the oppertunity to "pickle" the engines on the boat on Monday. I have contacted Jason Moffit (Bobby's boss at Newberg Marine and previous owner of the boat), to assit, me in this. This morning, it's colder in the low 60's and light rain. I am leaving the dock now in the continuing search for our brother. Thank you again Augie, Allen, MIke, Bill and Pattie, and the rest of the OPA and Friends, for you support.

seltzer 10-17-2008 08:45 AM

It took 21 days to find our frined Martin Spradlin 2 years ago in the middle of winter.
Hang in there and be strong, you will find Pat soon.

God Bless.