Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for new blowers, any opinions? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197325-looking-new-blowers-any-opinions.html)

tomcat 02-13-2009 10:34 AM

I witnessed the dyno testing and can confirm that steady state pulls were done at 1750 RPM. Loading the engine means lots of exhaust gas so I am not surprised by the boost numbers at low RPM.

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-13-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2799412)
Thank you also, we need to get together some time
Like to see your new power also !!

Jon

Jon will U guys be at the Boyne Thunder run ????? If so see ya there :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

cougarman 02-13-2009 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2799423)
I did not say ,,i don't believe u !!!!

I realy mean it ,,to get the product on the market faster and show it to people on the racesites,,,,Racers and Fans !!!!!!

++++ i realy need an engine !!!!!!:ernaehrung004:

Sorry if u kind of got that the wrong way !:party-smiley-004:

No Worry's Mate! No I'll thoughts at all, What I meant by a believer is how well these Turbo engines actually perform meaning:

1) No Turbo Lag

2) Power in all ranges

3) And Throttle response

Amoung any and all other Turbo Stigma's :drink:

Could really care less about the dyno argument, boat will never spend anytime there anyways.

Only reason for developing Power and boost low is for getting on plane. With the compression so low there is no Static Compression like in a blower application.

You are relying on the Turbo's !
Earhart has it figured out :drink:

Jon

cougarman 02-13-2009 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by tomcat (Post 2799498)
I witnessed the dyno testing and can confirm that steady state pulls were done at 1750 RPM. Loading the engine means lots of exhaust gas so I am not surprised by the boost numbers at low RPM.

Thanks for Chiming in wasn't sure if you were back from your trip yet, Will talk soon :drink:

Jon

cougarman 02-13-2009 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2799512)
Jon will U guys be at the Boyne Thunder run ????? If so see ya there :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

That one is on my list, still have a lot of work on my Rig.

Hopefully progress continues well for me personally. :drink:

Jon

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-14-2009 12:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2799412)
Thank you also, we need to get together some time

Jon

Just got here this morning :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

cougarman 02-14-2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2800169)

Just got here this morning :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

Very Nice, you have to be itching for spring!! :drink::drink:

Jon

Anarchy Powerboats 04-09-2009 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 2798509)
Gino,
You have 1500 a side now with those Sterlings. The Vortechs and Prochargers are not the way to go. Joey learned that the hard way with those 1700's. I honestly think you need to go turbine if you want more than 1500 hp out of an combustion engine in a boat.

+1 plus you wont break em too easy which is always a plus when dealing with your luck.

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-09-2009 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=cougarman;2799525]That one is on my list, still have a lot of work on my Rig.

Hopefully progress continues well for me personally. :drink:

Hopefully progress continues well , Absolutely :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

RunninHotRacing163.1 08-25-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat (Post 2798918)
Hi Jon, thanks for the plug! I am looking forward to seeing your project run again.

Brad, you raise a good question. Turbines aside, how do we get beyond 1500 HP with current state of the art engines?

Better fuel? No, already running race gas.
Better heads? No, already got the best.
More RPM? No, valvetrain is already stressed.
More boost? No, intercooler is already too small.

And yet several engine builders have reached 1700 - 1800 HP using centrifugal blowers whether belt or turbo. How did they do this?

more boost with much bigger intercoolers
lower parasitic losses with more efficient blowers

These engine builders and the customers behind these projects are pioneers. Setbacks are to be expected when testing any new application; this is the only path to success. But important milestones are being reached. Sterling uses our single centrifugal race system on their Class 1 engines and they can qualify first and finish first.

I understand the customer who sticks with the status quo; who wants to go boating without hassles. A number of engine builders can sell you a reliable 1200 HP pump gas package. But some guys like to stretch the envelope and they deserve respect because the R&D they pay for trickles down. That's why you can buy a 1200 HP pump gas package today.

Just wanted to push back a bit for the centrifugal guys. We're not dead yet.:D

Thanks,

Tom

Great job Tom ,hope to see your new set-up in a few weeks
Bill:drink: