Rebuild Bravo 1 drive - Best ?? Cost?? >

Rebuild Bravo 1 drive - Best ?? Cost??

Notices

Rebuild Bravo 1 drive - Best ?? Cost??

Old 03-09-2002, 04:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuild Bravo 1 drive - Best ?? Cost??

I have two Bravo one Perf LWP drives I need to have rebuilt and beefed up. Who in your opinion offers the best rebuild/upgrade and at a reasonable cost. And if you know approximate costs please let me know. I just found out this morning that they need work and cannot reach anyone on the weekend. I am in a "panic".

My set up is 502 x whipple 690 Hp.

I have a Teague catalog and an IMCO one but no pricing on labor charges. Any help would be great.
Old 03-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Registered

You're a little far away, but the best rebuiders of Mercury outdrives, Brave, Alphas et al, are the guys at Doller. They could probabley ship out a rebuild to you with your old one as a core exchange.

Good luck

Boater X
Old 03-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Anyone have the Teague Platinum drive?

When is the Sport drive from Mercury Going to be available?
Old 03-09-2002, 06:27 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Hey Boater X,
Thanks for the pat on the back
We can upgrade your Std Bravo I for $3,500.00 each parts and labor. Always remember that they will never be as strong as the Bravo I XR drive becaues you are still using the old style upper housing and aluminum tower that holds the whole gear assy.
Your best bet is to trade your Bravo I's in on a pair of XR and Have
TROUBLE FREE! performance boating.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Do you know if the XR will work with my Latham steering setup for Stern Jacks?
Attached Thumbnails Rebuild Bravo 1 drive - Best ?? Cost??-latham.jpg  
Old 03-10-2002, 06:20 AM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Your Latham steering will bolt directly on your new Bravo I XR
drives. I don't know about the sternjack setup. You would have to contact Land&Sea.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray, I have a second shop opening up in chesterfield MI. I Onlly youse Max machine works parts in the drive I rebuild I very seldom have any problems!! But I'm at 3650.00 a drive for a complete if the case is good!
Old 03-10-2002, 07:14 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Raypanic, the XR is the same externally as your existing drive, except for the size of the U joints. Should fit the stern jack with no problem, but I would check with them anyhow.

What exactly is wrong with your existing drives, and what year are they? Even though the XR's are the best way to go, I might have some other options for you. If your lower is good, and you are not twisting the prop shaft or vertical shaft, you could just put a complete new XZ or XZ upper on it, a brand new XZ upper is $3650 complete, the XR is $4200.

If it is the upper gears, the new factory gears (2001 & up) will go right in to your exsiting drive and they are a ton stronger than the earlier ones.

I will put something on the go-fast.com web site later today explaining in detail the x, xr & xz drives.

As far as Merc's new drive, June for sure, maybe as soon as May. I have the pricing at the office, don't remember the exact numbers.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:25 AM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Raypanic,
Check out this thread it will give you all the info you need
Bravo I sportmaster picture put this in the search area.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

ViciousOne,

I have heard good things about the max machine works stuff. Tyler Crockett recomended these too. E-mail me your Phone number and I will call you. Thanks

Mbam,

They are 1998 +- but I would have to look up serial numbers to be sure. They are Bravo1mLWP. Problem is I am not sure what is wrong, I drained the oil from them yesterday and the one had metal shavings in it, I havent run this boat really much sence I bought it, The previous owner had Nitrous and was running 502s x 420's and I heard stories (afer I bought) of him blowing drives.

I just went through a rebuild re work of the engines 502's x whipples and I dont trust the drives especially with shavings in them. I am running 690 Hp.

The drives currently "work" but I dont want the drives to break the first time out. I would like to have someone go through them and at least upgrade them but if this is going to cost an arm and a leg I would rather put the money into XR's. (If they would fit) It all depends on what I can have done and for what $$. I am not an agressive driver and I think the B1's would last but I am the type that likes to do things right the first time.

Quick Reply: Rebuild Bravo 1 drive - Best ?? Cost??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.