Airing of 9/11 Documentary >

Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Notices

Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Old 03-11-2002, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shane,
Very well put, you took the words right out of my mouth.. or fingers i should say
Old 03-11-2002, 08:52 PM
Boat Girl

Donzi Mitch, I know what you mean, I watched the special with my Mom, we just sat there unable to say anything...this is not something that just affected NYC or DC or PA, it affected everyone...If you would like a copy of the tape, I would be more than happy to send one to you...

Old 03-11-2002, 08:53 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cried my eyes out thru the whole thing

At first, I had just walked in and turned on the channel -- I didn't realize what show it was. Just some firemen cooking steaks and teasing the "Proby" guy. Life in the firehouse. Then I saw NYFD on one shirt and thought this might be an "AFTER" attack show.

But then when the entire squad went to the funeral of the rookie Fireman in the Bronx and saw the date was Sept 3, my stomach got tight and I thought "OH NO!!....... I do NOT want to keep watching this.....!!"

I nearly changed the channel.

I just knew that this program was going to end with all these 'brothers" perishing together, and I couldnt stand it. That's when the tears began to roll.....

When I saw the firemen heading upstairs in Tower 1, inside me I yelled for them to stop and come back. But I kept watching, and sensing everything those men felt. Compassion, Bravery, Selflessness, Fear, Hopelessness, Anger, Hate, ....Pain. So many emotions those who lived had to face, & what those who didn't had to endure.

What hero's they are! Putting their lives on the line for an entire city of strangers. Brave as our soldiers in Afghanistan.

That was the most powerful show I've ever seen.

To all the "soldiers" who selflessly protect our safety.....Thank you!!