Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Duck Dong (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html)

brian41 11-08-2008 11:06 AM

There are allot of you who are in business that would have done the same exact thing I did to save yourself from loosing your boat.... There is NO WAY you would risk loosing property over someone else not meeting their obligations....

I have been in business 31 years and have never found myself in any kind of situation like this. I have never been taken to court or threatened to be taken to court by a customer. I am not saying that in 31 years there have not been issues but I have always and always will handled my business as the customer is always right even if it is obvious they were not. This has worked very well for me and always paid me back in the end with those and more customers coming back.
As far as you losing your boat that would have been a mismanagement of funds on your part and nothing to do with prosock85. As you stated on an earlier post the deal with the Fountain was made before the sale to prostock85 so had you not made a deal to sell the Chriscat how were you going to pay for the Fountain.
Bottom line even if you settle this by giving his money back your reputation here is gone. As you can see from my post count and the many years I have been part of this site that I do not get involved much and mostly use this site for the wealth of knowledge it has to offer. When you came on OSO with guns a blazing with your off the wall BS in every thread you joined in on I brought it upon myself to shut you up. I got sick of every thread in which I had interested there you were putting other members down, making stupid comments and generally saying look at me I know everything. I am not an aggressive business man as you seem to be but there is a deference between aggressive and just plain evil and that is what I see here. If you stay on this path your world is going to crumble even more than it already has. The internet is a wonderful tool for business as it lets us expand or business worldwide but it has its downs with people like you and in most cases as OSO has proven sometimes it takes to long for the bad apples to get caught.
I am not a religious person myself as I am at peace with my life but you might want to look into it maybe then you could show some compassion for others.
In the future I will be referring to you as just "DONG" as it really seems to fit.

jeff32 11-08-2008 11:13 AM

:food-smiley-007:

VtSteve 11-08-2008 11:17 AM

Judge Judy rules for the Plaintiff. Full refund of all moneys, just because it's right. The list of horrible buying stories is getting longer by the day. This poor slob didn't even get to buy anything.

long duck dong 11-08-2008 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2734487)
I have been in business 31 years and have never found myself in any kind of situation like this. I have never been taken to court or threatened to be taken to court by a customer. I am not saying that in 31 years there have not been issues but I have always and always will handled my business as the customer is always right even if it is obvious they were not. This has worked very well for me and always paid me back in the end with those and more customers coming back.
As far as you losing your boat that would have been a mismanagement of funds on your part and nothing to do with prosock85. As you stated on an earlier post the deal with the Fountain was made before the sale to prostock85 so had you not made a deal to sell the Chriscat how were you going to pay for the Fountain.
Bottom line even if you settle this by giving his money back your reputation here is gone. As you can see from my post count and the many years I have been part of this site that I do not get involved much and mostly use this site for the wealth of knowledge it has to offer. When you came on OSO with guns a blazing with your off the wall BS in every thread you joined in on I brought it upon myself to shut you up. I got sick of every thread in which I had interested there you were putting other members down, making stupid comments and generally saying look at me I know everything. I am not an aggressive business man as you seem to be but there is a deference between aggressive and just plain evil and that is what I see here. If you stay on this path your world is going to crumble even more than it already has. The internet is a wonderful tool for business as it lets us expand or business worldwide but it has its downs with people like you and in most cases as OSO has proven sometimes it takes to long for the bad apples to get caught.
I am not a religious person myself as I am at peace with my life but you might want to look into it maybe then you could show some compassion for others.
In the future I will be referring to you as just "DONG" as it really seems to fit.

Brian with all due respect I appreciate your position and respect your work ethic and your commitment to your 31 years of good service. That is something to be proud of for sure... I feel differently about what happend in the transaction

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-08-2008 11:21 AM

Jeff 32 your gunna need another :food-smiley-007: :cool:

brian41 11-08-2008 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898 (Post 2734466)
It looks to me like ldd owes prostock $5100. If your car is repoed for failing to uphold your end of the contract and pay off ,than the bank will sell and if money is made above the owed price than that money is returned. Thats the simple version.

gsmith,
Have you read the entire thread as there are many issues with the contract not to mention the moral issues. I do not have a dog in this fight other than I can not stand DONG but I would love to see this go to court with a jury trail as I think that a jury would award prostock more than the $14,000. I would be willing to bet that bad business is DONG's way of business just by the argent attitude he brings to the forums.

Laken 11-08-2008 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by long duck dong (Post 2734427)
As for the rest of you..... Your looking totally at one perspective....

I had obligations to cover with my Fountain and Prostock had an obligation to cover with the Chris Cat..... When Prostock didnt cover his obligations on Friday when he was supposed to I had to scramble to cover my obligations to my Fountain by Monday. When he didnt contact me on Saturday or Sunday to let me know anything, what am I supposed to do loose my Fountain on Monday morning?.... .....

Yesterday, 10:23 AM #170
long duck dong
aka LDD
THE FACTS....

here are the FACTS...The date of purchase of my Fountain has nothing to do with the sale of the Chris Cat. I purchased the Fountain before Prostock offered to buy the Cat.

Contract was written to MY time frame on when I had to pay my loan on the Fountain....Prostock agreed and signed the deal.
In a previous post(#170), you said the sales had nothing to do with each other but then a few posts later(#295) you say they did.
It looks to me like you needed to sell the cat to pay the loan on the fountain. Poor planning on your part to purchase something you can't afford. I have never heard of a loan company coming to "repo" a boat because your payment was one day late!! You may of had a high interest accrue if payment wasn't recv'd by the due date but to completely "loose "the boat is a bit dramatic don't you think:rolleyes:

long duck dong 11-08-2008 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2734500)
gsmith,
Have you read the entire thread as there are many issues with the contract not to mention the moral issues. .

There is no issue with the contract....

FYI..

because Prostock sent wire transfers as specified in the contract, he was obviously in acceptance of it's written terms, no matter how poorly written he accepted it and the terms within it by abiding by its provisions... Then Noridc95 or Prostock cant remember which....posted that on the 2nd deposit he sent an additional $2k because he was going to pay it now or later, so he sent it then instead...

ciaoderhead 11-08-2008 11:38 AM

LDD, give the kid his $12K, say your sorry and never come back. Case closed:ernaehrung004:

gsmith9898 11-08-2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2734500)
gsmith,
Have you read the entire thread as there are many issues with the contract not to mention the moral issues. I do not have a dog in this fight other than I can not stand DONG but I would love to see this go to court with a jury trail as I think that a jury would award prostock more than the $14,000. I would be willing to bet that bad business is DONG's way of business just by the argent attitude he brings to the forums.

I completely agree! I think its chicken chit to not have made the deal happen on monday since he did not have a buyer in waiting. It would be one thing if another buyer came up and said if the first buyer don't come through than I will take it. This whole thing pisses me off. Why isn't prostock OVER there on monday morning saying give me my boat or money back or I'm going to kick the chit out off you. And why isn't ldd calling prostock and telling him to come get his money because he don't want no problems. This whole thing stinks! Its like we are not hearing the whole story or these guys are from different planets.