Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Are you keeping the $ because you lost money, or are you keeping it because you think you out smarted someone and have the right to keep it?

I find it had to believe you lost 50% of the boat value when you resold it. Better make an Earl list!
I was just thinking the same thing when I finished reading the entire thread. So let's make a short list:
1) You still have possesion of the boat/trailer
2) It is still for sale
3) You have $14,000 in cash

Question: Does that mean that the boat is NOW for sale to the next person for $12,500 ?
Or: You find a buyer (who knows nothing about this situation) and sell the boat for $26,500 and pocket the extra $14K ? Come on. This is a no brainer. At best you keep the $2K and send back the $12K.

Don't blame the potential buyer for:
1) Your lack of marketing the sale of your boat
2) The poor economic situation all over this country
Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=prostock85;2733366] I remained quiet about this due to just being embarrassed that I feel as if I was scammed, basically raped. I am by no means wealthy. The money was inherited from my fathers passing, and is obviously not replaceable.

Keeping the guys inheritance??????? Thats some serious BULL CHIT!!!!

Bogus contract or not refund the guy his money minus your actual expenses and be a man .... Not a low life POS!

Last edited by stainless; 11-06-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

there is a difference of opinion that will be figured out when the time is right....
Are you serious?
Nothing to figure out here at all if your a DECENT human being. Give the freakin money back regardless of what any freakin contract says.

Another sad example on OSO of actually thinking someone would do the right thing regardless of a freakin piece of paper. Add another tool to the OSO wall of shame.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

LDD is proud of his creative writing skills but obviously does not know the law. There is a legal term called disclosure, look it up.

Word on the street is that LDD dumped his boat for 50% less than his asking price, made back the other 50% by keeping Prostock's money.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:15 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

In the other thread LDD stated the boat was later sold on Ebay....don't know for how much.

The fact that the money Prostock gave LDD was inheritance money is irrelevant......it's was simply Prostock's money. Still doesn't change the fact the keeping that large of a deposit is un-ethical even it if it legal. Only $2K or the difference of $26,500 to whatever the boat actually sold for might be legit...that's it
Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

car dealer or not, personal boat or not, contract or not, what's right is right..... don't feel like going through the thread, someone said this is supposed to be a community, and as they say don't chit where you eat.... good luck!
Not slamming anyone here but buyer seems to be entitled to his money back (if absolutely necessary the most he should be penalized is the $2000, not just because of the contract but if seller wants some compensation for storing or whatever that seems somewhat fair for both)
And prostock whatever happens just learn from this!
Just my $.02
(and not all car dealers practice bad business guys!!)

Last edited by 007joe; 11-06-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, i had a similar business dealing.
Buyer had material specced, gave me a Credit Card for full payment up front. Credit Card went thru.
Factory made an error, and could not make to spec, and no other factory could. I contacted customer, told him of the situation, and he said he would talk to his engineers and get back to me. 3-4 months later i still heard nothing, and was fully paid by the CC bank.
I call the customer, and he said he had forgotten. I asked, "do you want me to credit your card?" Of course he said yes. I just told him i would have to debit him for the 2-3% transaction fee i got charged by the bank for using credit card. NO PROBLEM... he was thrilled i contacted him.

I'm still unclear why the buyer wasn't all over LDD at the time of the dealings, but imo, LDD should only keep the difference of his would be sale, to the actual sale.

BUT, i can see, in these tough economic times, how someone would want to hold onto $ that they rightly think is theirs, regardless of ethics... unfortunately.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

Two words:

"Undue Enrichment."
Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Steve_H

Steve I met you. Your not the type of guy that would do this to a fellow boater. Do the right thing and send back what you can, when you can, otherwise you wont like what you see in the mirror.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Your not the type of guy that would do this to a fellow boater.
Oh he's that type of guy alright!

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.