Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Duck Dong (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html)

JMAASKE 11-24-2008 08:24 PM

$12k to settle out of court.

$14k plus attorney fees if it goes to court.

Originally Posted by prostock85 (Post 2746564)
Honest question to all viewing...

If I'm to settle, what should I settle for?

or...

Take it to court?

FukLongDuckDong 11-24-2008 09:05 PM

Boatme -- its not a screen name, its a statement...but you're absolutely right I am immature. But dumb I am not.

and..no problem nordic95, I tired to change the screen name...but I can't. I definitely don't want to mess with the thread. The Admins can always change the screen name as well instead of killing the thread. If they do, my new name can be SumYungGuy.

For ProStock: From all the reading I did, it really seems like you may have to lose that initial $2k but not $14k. I think any judge will side with you. Just because something is in writing on what a person calls a "contract", that does not make it legal, even if you sign it. There are many illegal contracts out there, and this may be one of them.

Some main points:
Who was selling the boat? LDD or his auto dealership?
What is the good faith deposit exactly? $2,000?
Is it reasonable to keep $2,000 or $14,000?
What would be reasonable?
Was it the sellers intent to actually sell the boat, or to just keep deposit money?
Was it the buyers intent to actually buy the boat?
Was any sort of a loss incurred by the seller because of this transaction?

I think a judge will probably have a problem with the whole arrangement, and at most allow LDD to keep the $2000. But any sharp law man will see through everything and I think that its very likely that LDD may get to keep nothing, as he really suffered no loss from the whole arrangement, and it seems that ProStock actually intended to purchase the boat from LDD, whereas LDD did not seem to really have intent to sell the boat to ProStock. If I'm holding someones deposit and I want to sell them a vehicle, then I will make every reasonable attempt to fulfill my contract. I will communicate incessantly with my customer, and I will give him an extra couple of days to come up with money if he says he will. Especially if I already have in hand half of the purchase price. It may also be possible for ProStock to sue for attorney fees. Just be careful to choose a decent lawyer that will not charge an arm and a leg. This is a very simple case and should be settled quickly with the proper interpretation of contract law by the attorneys and the judge.

Connor 11-24-2008 09:17 PM

I have a thought……………
LDD DOESN’T HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!

Powerplay25 11-24-2008 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Connor (Post 2746644)
I have a thought……………
LDD DOESN’T HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!

He has to pay for that home and all those cars.

Powerplay25 11-24-2008 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by long duck dong (Post 2682152)
I have a feeling that TD is allot further into his agenda than we all know....TD is going down as the Douchebag of all time in the world for boating forums....he has by far surpassed the reputations of several superstars including Bgchuby, Big Scotty, The Rolex Kid, Troutley, and Too Old aka Fred Cecil (Trick Marine).....

TD is now a supporting vendor of scream and fly, they deleted the thread this morning.....what a bunch of CHUMPS... S&F took his money to be a vendor then deleted the thread.... TD is buying back his comments...LMAO

Hey Ding Dong looks like your a club member now.

Remember you made this quote talking about someone else? HOW PROPHETIC!!!

You know what they say about clean living? Doing the right thing? Cause if you don't, life comes right back at cha!

long duck dong 11-24-2008 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by nordic95 (Post 2746575)
PS has an attorney in AL he has been speaking with.But no retainer sent to this lawyer yet.Does anyone know a really good AL attorney????Please PM me or PS and let us know.I really want him to have a bull dog right in his back yard.He also has two other non local attorneys working on other aspects against LDD so they will continue as well.

Anthony

This thread is seriously becoming comical and even you Anthony seem to have a problem keeping your stories straight after reading all these posts....lol

First you had a secret meeting turned everything over to your attorney and when you were contacted by my attorney wouldnt provide any legitimate contact info...LOL....Bluff called, you didnt and still have not secured legal counsel...yet you have other attorney working on other aspects...LMAO....Federal, and the IRS....This whole thing is a tax write off....and is a civil case at best...nice try pal....this isnt my first time at the dance...

Supposedly THEJOKE was putting the "local" attorney on his tab, yet you admittedly stated above that you've talked to an attorney, but no retainer has been paid....more lies....

Hords of OSO members were sending in checks to help with legal expenses and it seems Prostock is worried about the lawyer tab?......again bluff called...where are all the support checks?

Now we have a parade of circus clowns, some using bogus names adding there peanuts to the mix and still talking out of their @sses about something they and you (Anthony) know really nothing about...you werent on the contract, you werent buying my boat....

Prostock and I have emailed trying to work something out, I'm waiting for his response...no matter how far apart we are in dollar figures, I'm still at the negotiating table, at least for now...

Like I have said previously and all along...In no way will this affect my boating or attending boating events, or even getting on the boards, ever....I'm not banned from this site, Serious, or Boatfreaks....Matter of fact I was out on the river this past weekend and not once did I think of OSO and the azz clowns talking out of their butt cheeks on here...

Prostock, like I said I'm at the negotiating table right now...I'm here to do whats fair and in the interest of both of us....PERIOD. These clowns can say what they want but ultimently you need to decide whats right for you.... you and I are the one's that knows exactly what happend in this deal not these butt monkeys....Even if I'm wrong, any attorney will tell you....It's one thing to get a judgement, its another to collect your judgement....so you might think of that in your thought process prior to returning my email....

As for the rest of you, I can careless about what you have to say.....All I have to do is come over here and stir, stir, stir, stir, by making one post and you all jump on here like hard d*ck at a swingers party..... Fred Cecil took people for THOUSANDS....and what has happend to him?? lost a few jobs? WOW!!!....I'm self employed... The power of OSO sure spanked "Too Old" Fred didnt it?...yeah whatever...

Well back to your regularly scheduled mob bashing...."As the prop turns".....The bat mobile lost it's wheel and the JOKER got away...HEY!!...

Merry X-Mas

P.S. Stir, stir, stir.....stir...

007joe 11-24-2008 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by long duck dong (Post 2746671)

Even if I'm wrong, any attorney will tell you....It's one thing to get a judgement, its another to collect your judgement....so you might think of that in your thought process prior to returning my email....

Shows his intentions.
You should be more candid.

t500hps 11-24-2008 10:23 PM

....Even if I'm wrong, any attorney will tell you....It's one thing to get a judgement, its another to collect your judgement....so you might think of that in your thought process prior to returning my email....

so you admit to not having the money???

[/QUOTE]
..... Fred Cecil took people for THOUSANDS....and what has happend to him?? lost a few jobs? WOW!!!....I'm self employed... The power of OSO sure spanked "Too Old" Fred didnt it?...yeah whatever...

...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he still attends boating events and shows his face on the boards huh?

Pure Energy 11-24-2008 10:26 PM

This thread is seriously becoming comical and even you Anthony seem to have a problem keeping your stories straight after reading all these posts....lol

First you had a secret meeting turned everything over to your attorney and when you were contacted by my attorney wouldnt provide any legitimate contact info...LOL....Bluff called, you didnt and still have not secured legal counsel...yet you have other attorney working on other aspects...LMAO....Federal, and the IRS....This whole thing is a tax write off....and is a civil case at best...nice try pal....this isnt my first time at the dance...

Supposedly THEJOKE was putting the "local" attorney on his tab, yet you admittedly stated above that you've talked to an attorney, but no retainer has been paid....more lies....

Hords of OSO members were sending in checks to help with legal expenses and it seems Prostock is worried about the lawyer tab?......again bluff called...where are all the support checks?

Now we have a parade of circus clowns, some using bogus names adding there peanuts to the mix and still talking out of their @sses about something they and you (Anthony) know really nothing about...you werent on the contract, you werent buying my boat....

Prostock and I have emailed trying to work something out, I'm waiting for his response...no matter how far apart we are in dollar figures, I'm still at the negotiating table, at least for now...

Like I have said previously and all along...In no way will this affect my boating or attending boating events, or even getting on the boards, ever....I'm not banned from this site, Serious, or Boatfreaks....Matter of fact I was out on the river this past weekend and not once did I think of OSO and the azz clowns talking out of their butt cheeks on here...

Prostock, like I said I'm at the negotiating table right now...I'm here to do whats fair and in the interest of both of us....PERIOD. These clowns can say what they want but ultimently you need to decide whats right for you.... you and I are the one's that knows exactly what happend in this deal not these butt monkeys....Even if I'm wrong, any attorney will tell you....It's one thing to get a judgement, its another to collect your judgement....so you might think of that in your thought process prior to returning my email....

As for the rest of you, I can careless about what you have to say.....All I have to do is come over here and stir, stir, stir, stir, by making one post and you all jump on here like hard d*ck at a swingers party..... Fred Cecil took people for THOUSANDS....and what has happend to him?? lost a few jobs? WOW!!!....I'm self employed... The power of OSO sure spanked "Too Old" Fred didnt it?...yeah whatever...

Well back to your regularly scheduled mob bashing...."As the prop turns".....The bat mobile lost it's wheel and the JOKER got away...HEY!!...

Merry X-Mas

P.S. Stir, stir, stir.....stir...

I can't believe you publicly stated you will not abide by a court ruling against you!!! The judge is going to love that!!! And if you don't pay say hello to Mr. Lien!!! Do you know what happens when someone puts a lien on you???

007joe 11-24-2008 10:28 PM

pureenergy good idea to quote it he may have realized how bad that post was....... probably not actually :rolleyes: