Opinion - which single engine hull is the fastest >

Opinion - which single engine hull is the fastest

Notices

Opinion - which single engine hull is the fastest

Old 11-11-2008, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wassup!

Joe,
You looking for a project boat? I'm out on the west side of the rim at the moment. But i got a little 26' semi offshore V hull back at the ranch. Its got a single big block and a Bravo-1. Yank em an drop in a QSB 480 and hang one of Rik's Bravo replacement Arnesons on it and it should go like stank. Also some of Rik's rocker plates will get ya out of the hole quicker.
Ed,
Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wassup!

I keep saying this. When I do this, it will be with a Bravo style drive. I already got with Lenco, they have some newer boxes that will work fine for this.

I agree with the 480hp B, nothing better. I'm sure you could juice it up a bit more maybe 525hp and that's it.

Two speed Lenco through the Bravo (style as opposed to big shaft drives) and let it rip.

I need to start with what is a fast hull already, no offense to your boat. If you take a hull that goes 65 mph and now it goes 65 mph with a diesel - who cares?

To make a point with this project providing I can fund it in a few months you need to be in the 80's if not 90's for anyone to even notice it.

I would think with any of the boats that are closer to 30' it maybe be possible to use the 600hp C???

With shifting in the drive and the Lenco weighing almost nothing it's not that heavy. Even a short CV shaft between the drive and the Lenco to move the engine a little further foward will help.

On a side note about CG, there is a thread on here or SOS about best "rough water" boats and it's funny that the experts all list the Buzzi boats as being probably the BEST. Those boats go against what most people do which is move the CG back. The Buzzi boats are very heavy up front, between fuel tanks, ballst tanks and engines.

That's why I think with a little longer boat you could use the C and move it up a little and be just fine, too much on the ass is no good either???

Joe Gere
Old 11-15-2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
I keep saying this. When I do this, it will be with a Bravo style drive. I already got with Lenco, they have some newer boxes that will work fine for this.

I agree with the 480hp B, nothing better. I'm sure you could juice it up a bit more maybe 525hp and that's it.

Two speed Lenco through the Bravo (style as opposed to big shaft drives) and let it rip.

I need to start with what is a fast hull already, no offense to your boat. If you take a hull that goes 65 mph and now it goes 65 mph with a diesel - who cares?

To make a point with this project providing I can fund it in a few months you need to be in the 80's if not 90's for anyone to even notice it.

I would think with any of the boats that are closer to 30' it maybe be possible to use the 600hp C???

With shifting in the drive and the Lenco weighing almost nothing it's not that heavy. Even a short CV shaft between the drive and the Lenco to move the engine a little further foward will help.

On a side note about CG, there is a thread on here or SOS about best "rough water" boats and it's funny that the experts all list the Buzzi boats as being probably the BEST. Those boats go against what most people do which is move the CG back. The Buzzi boats are very heavy up front, between fuel tanks, ballst tanks and engines.

That's why I think with a little longer boat you could use the C and move it up a little and be just fine, too much on the ass is no good either???

Joe Gere
Kinda makes ya think back to some of Dan Arena's race boats. Big ole V16 Allisons & Rolls Royce engines out of WW2 fighters. Mounted amidships with the straight up zoomies exhausts and the driver sitting behind the engine. Straight shaft & a rudder.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We will consider selling this without the power! Right now with a 525efi it will run 90mph. Tons of room in the engine compartment for your set-up... Call Doug if you are interested!!

27' Activator

Dave
Old 11-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Everyone knows Activator builds the fastest single engine V.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

axapowell,

I love your boat, like I said in the begining just kind of an exercise here as to what I should do, should we do it.

Seeing your boat for sale is what's prompted me to think about this. I wish you no bad will but if it's for sale in the spring still (I hope it's not for your sake) I would love to talk to you!!!

Thank you,
Joe Gere
Old 11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
30' Superboat Y2K, Simply the BEST !!!!
HOW FAST DOE'S YOUR BOAT RUN ?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
axapowell,

I love your boat, like I said in the begining just kind of an exercise here as to what I should do, should we do it.

Seeing your boat for sale is what's prompted me to think about this. I wish you no bad will but if it's for sale in the spring still (I hope it's not for your sake) I would love to talk to you!!!

Thank you,
Joe Gere
Joe,

No problem! Glad you like it!

If it's still with us in the spring, we will most likely go race it, so yes we'd like to sell it, but....

Dave
Old 11-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Hot Boat
Everyone knows Activator builds the fastest single engine V.
Well....almost everyone!!

Dave
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

30' Superboat, $27,500 less engine, drive & trailor
Attached Thumbnails Opinion - which single engine hull is the fastest-98275364-s.jpg  

Quick Reply: Opinion - which single engine hull is the fastest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.