Like Tree0Likes

New to me boat

Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

My Boats: 32 Fountain Fever

HA! I've thought about a sledge, but I think I would want to keep it around (just in case) I suppose. I own my own construction business so I do have a couple heaters just laying around. I do get quite a bit of snow where I am, so I was just curious as to how well they hold up. Cleaning it off on a regular basis would help I'm sure. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Registered

Congrats! Cool boat. Let me know if you need any parts at all and I'll get you an awesome price. Now have fun with it!

Brian
Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: 32' Envision Illusion

My recommendation is: don't do any mods to it! Just run it the first year and get familier with it. You'll have plenty of time down the road to change stuff. Sounds like you spent your whole budget to purchase it so start saving money over the winter for next summer's operating costs. You will have gas, oil, drive fluid, beer, food, etc.

If you start messing with it now you run the risk of not getting it back together for next season (or ever). Just ask how many (experienced) guys here have torn a boat apart and then taken years to get them back together. Run the boat, then put your mods list together for the next winter season.

Oh, and the boat looks nice like it is!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: 32' Envision Illusion

Oh yeah, one more thing before you get more $ and time into it: 3 foot itis!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarettes

congrats!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPerformance View Post
Congrats! Cool boat. Let me know if you need any parts at all and I'll get you an awesome price. Now have fun with it!

Brian
Actually... Do you have any single engine 2 lever controls with the trim switch to replace the original? What would I need to do about hooking up cables, not sure what's in it now, is there a way to tell? Thanks!

Jay
Old 11-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
My recommendation is: don't do any mods to it! Just run it the first year and get familier with it. You'll have plenty of time down the road to change stuff. Sounds like you spent your whole budget to purchase it so start saving money over the winter for next summer's operating costs. You will have gas, oil, drive fluid, beer, food, etc.

If you start messing with it now you run the risk of not getting it back together for next season (or ever). Just ask how many (experienced) guys here have torn a boat apart and then taken years to get them back together. Run the boat, then put your mods list together for the next winter season.

Oh, and the boat looks nice like it is!

Thanks! And I know how it goes with boats. I've been boating for years with friends and the past 4 with my own boats. I've been pretty lucky with having to put money into them. This is my 3rd boat. I really don't want to make many mods, just the windshield, DEF. paint in the spring, maybe getting rid of the teak next year and building an aluminum swim platform. As for blowing my budget, well, I wasn't really in the market for another boat, but this seemed like a deal I couldn't pass up. So right now I have 2 boats sitting in the back 40 and the old boat will be sold to a friend in the spring. Deposit already taken and tucked away just in case... He's a friend, and things may happen... I do like the 2 lever controls, so maybe that as well. Other than that, no engine mods, want to keep it stock, it runs TOO good to mess with it. I'll run it next year and get used to it, but it doesn't have trim tabs and I'm use to a boat with them, so that may be on the list too. So if anyone has a used set let me know or a used 2 lever control with a trim switch let me know also. As for an aluminum swim platform, I can make one ALOT cheaper than a new one and I think cheaper than a used as well, but if you have one, let me know also. Thanks everyone!!

Jay
Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Velocity 320

On the bow rails- how about lowering them? Cut down the vertical support tubes so the rail ends up about an inch off the deck. That would clean up the look, you wouldn't have to fill all of those holes through the deck, and you would have an almost invisible/still functional rail. Someday you might slip off the deck or need something to throw a rope around and you'll wish the rails were still there.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

My Boats: Eclipse 233 sbc 383 dry piped

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
Oh yeah, one more thing before you get more $ and time into it: 3 foot itis!
I agree 100% with both posts. Those bow rails come in handy when you're pulling up anchor in rough water.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
I agree 100% with both posts. Those bow rails come in handy when you're pulling up anchor in rough water.
I agree also with the bow rails, I think I'll just cut them down. That should give it a better look than 4 feet in the air like they are now, haha. Thanks everyone for your input and feel free to give any suggestion, I'm open to any and all.